Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Assistant is stuck at Checking device compatibility

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Assistant is stuck at Checking device compatibility in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 Update Assistant is stuck at Checking device compatibility My PC has a list of pending updates that are taking too long weeks to install.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnthonyD_072, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Update Assistant is stuck at Checking device compatibility

Windows 10 Update Assistant is stuck at Checking device compatibility

My PC has a list of pending updates that are taking too long weeks to install. Seeking advice, I was advised to download and use Windows 10 Update Assistant. I downloaded and ran it. It is now stuck at "Checking device compatibility", "Please wait, this will just take a moment" for over one hour.

:)

AnthonyD_072, Dec 25, 2020

2. COMPATIBILITY CHECK FOR WINDOWS 10

Shall I type 500 words again only to have it fail to post?

GriefMaster, Dec 25, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    COMPATIBILITY CHECK FOR WINDOWS 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Follow the steps mentioned below on how to check compatibility for Windows 10 in Get Windows 10 app:

Step 1: Right-click the Get Windows 10 icon (on the right side of the taskbar) and then click "Check your upgrade status."

Windows 10 Update Assistant is stuck at Checking device compatibility check-windows-10-compat-01.jpg

Step 2: In the Get Windows 10 app, click the hamburger menu, which looks like a stack of three lines (labeled 1 in the screenshot below) and then click "Check your PC" (2).

Windows 10 Update Assistant is stuck at Checking device compatibility check-windows-10-compat-02a.jpg

Step 3: See the list of potential compatibility issues. The list includes separate categories for devices and apps.

Windows 10 Update Assistant is stuck at Checking device compatibility check-windows-10-compat-03a.png

Get back to us if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist you.

Yaqub K, Dec 25, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Update Assistant is stuck at Checking device compatibility

Windows 10 Compatibility

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about compatibility of the driver on Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to the below link and check if the driver is compatible.

Refer:
    Windows Compatibility Center

If not compatible, I suggest you to install the driver in compatibility mode on Windows 10.

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.

Hope it helps. Kindly let us know if you need further assistance with Windows Operating System. We will be glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Update Assistant is stuck at Checking device compatibility

1. Windows 10 Update Assistant is stuck at Checking device compatibility - Similar Threads - Update Assistant stuck

2. Windows 10 Update Assistant is stuck at 99%

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Update Assistant is stuck at 99%: Windows Updates are important for pushing changes and security updates. However, while attempting to upgrade the operating system through the Windows 10 Update Assistant some users get the error Windows 10 Update Assistant may get stuck at 99%. If you encounter the same...
  3. windows 10 checking for updates is stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 checking for updates is stuck: when checking for updates the screen has been showing the dots for over 1/2 hr https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-checking-for-updates-is-stuck/ef9c7772-5f41-4c76-a332-190ad56d460b
  4. Windows Update compatible devices

Windows Update compatible devices: The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. We’re offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isn’t quite ready for it. Once your device is ready, you’ll see the update available on this page. There’s nothing you need to do at this time. Why is my" device...
  5. Checking compatibility with Windows 10 2004 update

Checking compatibility with Windows 10 2004 update: Is there a way to check if my device has any known compatibility issues with the 2004 update for windows 10? I have a Surface Go 2 and when I check for updates it just says no updates available without offering the update. On my Lenovo laptop, it does display a warning...
  6. Windows 10 stuck on checking for updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 stuck on checking for updates: My windows 10 update is stuck on checking for updates. I tried the stopping the service and starting it again, and deleted the files in the Software Distribution folder according to this video and nothing worked. And the trouble shooting tool was stuck on pending for...
  7. Windows 10 Update Stuck at Checking for Updates

Windows 10 Update Stuck at Checking for Updates: Windows Update has been stuck for 2 days. It keeps refreshing forever and shows nothing. I tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter, and it's been "Checking for pending restart" forever. Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks! [ATTACH]...
  8. window 10 update is stuck on checking for updates

window 10 update is stuck on checking for updates: I bring up windows 10 update and the computer goes to checking for updates and just keeps checking. I tried troubleshooter for updates but it gets stuck on aalso....
  9. Windows 10 Update Assistant stuck 99%

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update Assistant stuck 99%: On an ASUS laptop, when I went to Windows Update, it said I needed to download the Windows 10 Update Assistant because my Windows 10 was "out of date". It led me to Microsoft.com to download it. Once downloaded, I ran it. Last night it was at 99% and I went to bed. When I...
  10. Checking Windows 10 Compatibility

Checking Windows 10 Compatibility: Hi Everyone, I have a Desktop with these specs: -Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz, 2933 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s) -Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB -Hard Space: 500 GB -GPU: Nividia Geforce 210 -Display: 1600x900 and i want...