Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Assistant is TRASH. 5 HOURS AND ITS DOING NOTHING. WHY CANT YOU JUST...

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Assistant is TRASH. 5 HOURS AND ITS DOING NOTHING. WHY CANT YOU JUST... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ZdsAlpha [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ZdsAlpha, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Update Assistant is TRASH. 5 HOURS AND ITS DOING NOTHING. WHY CANT YOU JUST...

/u/ZdsAlpha, Jun 4, 2020
  2. yountmg Win User

Cumulative Update KB4338819 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.165 - July 10

This update totally destroyed me, which was not totally unexpected.

I have noticed that update issues are fairly common occurrences.

Microsoft must have a site that lists step by step actions that they want you to take when Windows 10 Updates and trashes a system?

Does such a site exist? Where do I go to get help?

Recovering Windows 10 After an Update

Step 1:
    sfc /scannow

Step 2:
    Dism

Step 3:
    etc.. Uninstall Video Drivers and reinstall

yountmg, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Update Windows 10 after 5 months in storage?

Hi Nitram,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about installing the latest updates on your device.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Which were the updates you found to be installed on youe device?
    • Did you check if those update are already installed under View installed updates?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "My PC has been in storage for 5 months"?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if those updates are already installed:

Follow:

• Right click on the Start button and select Programs and Features.
    • Click on View installed updates.

Step 2: Disable anti-virus software.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install
    other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the anti-virus software.

Step 3: I suggest you to
    run Windows Update troubleshooter

Windows Update troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
      and follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 4, 2020
  4. winactive Win User

Windows 10 Update Assistant is TRASH. 5 HOURS AND ITS DOING NOTHING. WHY CANT YOU JUST...

Cumulative Update KB4338819 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.165 - July 10

Use the restore point and wushowhide.cab to hide the beggar.

*Arrow Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

winactive, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Update Assistant is TRASH. 5 HOURS AND ITS DOING NOTHING. WHY CANT YOU JUST...

1. Windows 10 Update Assistant is TRASH. 5 HOURS AND ITS DOING NOTHING. WHY CANT YOU JUST... - Similar Threads - Update Assistant TRASH

2. Account lockdown policy but I waited for 5 hours and nothing I just built this computer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account lockdown policy but I waited for 5 hours and nothing I just built this computer...: I’ve been locked out of logging into windows for 5 hours I believe it’s called account lockdown policy and I keep seeing it only takes 30 mins but I’ve been waiting for 5 hours and I don’t know what to do please help I just built this computer please...
  3. Account lockdown policy but I waited for 5 hours and nothing I just built this computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account lockdown policy but I waited for 5 hours and nothing I just built this computer...: I’ve been locked out of logging into windows for 5 hours I believe it’s called account lockdown policy and I keep seeing it only takes 30 mins but I’ve been waiting for 5 hours and I don’t know what to do please help I just built this computer please...
  4. Why just why would you do this to people!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why just why would you do this to people!: So the i7 3930K on a great P9x70 motherboard is not compatible with win 11? Seriously this is **** and i just want you to know it. More than capable. And this **** with BIOS is absurd, you are ruling out ever computer built before 2014! as basically obsolete. This is INSANE,...
  5. Why just why would you do this to people!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why just why would you do this to people!: So the i7 3930K on a great P9x70 motherboard is not compatible with win 11? Seriously this is **** and i just want you to know it. More than capable. And this **** with BIOS is absurd, you are ruling out ever computer built before 2014! as basically obsolete. This is INSANE,...
  6. Why still after 5 years still windows 10 ABSOLUTE TRASH?!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why still after 5 years still windows 10 ABSOLUTE TRASH?!: for god sake fix the damn thing instead of keep adding features no one want fix core principals of your OS no wonder share percentage os windows keep dwindling compare to Linux! i can see the damn files but search wont find it! even trashier than that is indexing option...
  7. I need help installing windows 10!! it says its been checking for updates for over 5 hours...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need help installing windows 10!! it says its been checking for updates for over 5 hours...: please help!!1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-installing-windows-10-it-says-its-been/a7ff2c26-026f-4211-adc7-9346c28ef024
  8. Windows 10 Update Assistant stuck at 91% for 5 hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Update Assistant stuck at 91% for 5 hours: Finally replaced my Laptop's battery today and immediately began the Update Assistant. Had no issues with it until I reached 91% at which it's been stuck on for about 5 hours now. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this and any idea as what the issue could be? Thanks in...
  9. why cant Norton just say do it or not????

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why cant Norton just say do it or not????: why cant Norton sort out this issue and tell us to use it or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/why-cant-norton-just-say-do-it-or-not/ebe2598c-2113-4a79-8966-55aa35cf2935
  10. Why is Windows 10 Search such unmitigated trash?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is Windows 10 Search such unmitigated trash?: How does it miss these things? For example: I search for "teamspeak" it finds nothing when it is RIGHT THERE in the start menu. https://i.imgur.com/7SxJKLK.png I can search for VMware, and as you see in the screenshot, its right there yet search does not find it. I...