Windows 10: Windows 10 update assistant

Discus and support Windows 10 update assistant in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I got the page with Windows out of date. I clicked update now and run. The screen that showed said I could continue working and to minimize. I did.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Maria VBarrera, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 update assistant

I got the page with Windows out of date. I clicked update now and run. The screen that showed said I could continue working and to minimize. I did. Now I do not see anything happening. I clicked update again and it says that the Windows 10 update assistant is already running. It’s been 2 hours. How do I know when it is finished?

:)

Maria VBarrera, Aug 10, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 10, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Windows 10 update assistant

Windows 10 Update Assistant restarts after downloading 82%

Hi,

The issue may occur due to corrupted system files. In order for us to assist you better, please answer the following questions below:

• Were there any changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Are there any error messages?

In the mean time, we suggest you to performing the steps provided in this article:

Fix Windows update issues
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update assistant

1. Windows 10 update assistant - Similar Threads - update assistant

2. My Windows Update Assistant is stuck at 99%, please help if possible.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Windows Update Assistant is stuck at 99%, please help if possible.: I have been running the windows update manager to get the new May 2019 update (version 1903) as I am currently on 1803, while checking for updates, my device would always never finish the task. So, I looked around at some threads and saw that I could manually download the May...
  3. Trying to update to 1903 with Windows 10 Update Assistant fail

Trying to update to 1903 with Windows 10 Update Assistant fail: I'd like to update to 1903 on my main desktop PC. I downloaded the Windows 10 Update Assistant and started the process. Eventually I get a message saying "You can't install windows on a USB flash drive using Setup." The thing is, there is no USB flash drive attached to the...
  4. Manual updates not applicable, please assist

Manual updates not applicable, please assist: I'm trying to update windows manually without internet on one of the PC's that do not have a broadband connection. Is there a way to go from 17 > 18 > 19 series updates without having to manually find each individual update? I've tried doing this and cannot find the exact...
  5. Windows 10 multitasking/snap assist no longer working after May 2019 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 multitasking/snap assist no longer working after May 2019 update: What it says in the title, basically. I use snap assist every day, in both professional and casual settings, to work with multiple windows at once and resize them to the proportions I need, but after the forced update to the May 2019 version (build 18362) most of the snap...
  6. I've disabled the Update Assistant and now want to have it back

I've disabled the Update Assistant and now want to have it back: I've entirely disabled the Update Assistant, it was really really challenging to do it, but after many attempts I've done it following some of the instructions here (about 2 years ago):...
  7. windows 10 ver 1803 will not download an update. i have used windows 10 update assistant...

windows 10 ver 1803 will not download an update. i have used windows 10 update assistant...: windows 10 lver 1803 will not download an update. i have used windows 10 update assistant and it gets to about 74% and gives me error code 0xc1900201...
  8. Windows Update Assistant 0.1 MB

Windows Update Assistant 0.1 MB: I am currently working on updating to Windows 10 1903 and It is taking a long time to go even 1% so I went to task manager and saw it wasn't doing very much. The only thing its really doing is using a few MB of memory. My question is how do I fix this problem.[ATTACH]...
  9. How to permanently remove 'Focus assist' message in Action Center after the 1903 update?

How to permanently remove 'Focus assist' message in Action Center after the 1903 update?: After I installed the 1903 update I disabled 'Focus assist" using the instructions at this link. https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-focus-assist-reduce-distractions-windows-10-april-2018-update But I am still getting the Action Center message shown in this screenshot...
  10. Windows Update Assistant Error Code 0x80070005

Windows Update Assistant Error Code 0x80070005: The error comes up after the download of the 1903 update is complete/verified and the installation begins. I'm currently at version 1511 I know this gets asked a lot, but I have tried every single solution I could find on this forum to no avail, including the Subinacl one...