Windows 10: Windows 10 Update *At My Wits End*

Discus and support Windows 10 Update *At My Wits End* in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Long story short, I have been trying to update the various new updates since May this year! Everytime I get close it says I lose space so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HannahMarie92, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Update *At My Wits End*

Hello,

Long story short, I have been trying to update the various new updates since May this year!

Everytime I get close it says I lose space so I tried to use an external hardrive - wouldn't accept it.

I tried creating space - Still wasn't enough!

I have done the following:

- Disabled hibernate

- Removed files from recylce bin.

- Used storage sense.

- Run Disk Clean Manager

- Run Temp, %Temp%, Prefetch....etc to delete files.

- Run the %windows one too.

- Put many codes through administrator including the compact OS one.

- Tried the disk compressor.

- I disabled and then uninstalled my security software.

- I've taken off every single app or program that isn't a nessecity to running windows including one drive and microsoft word which I really needed to keep on the laptop but thought I could download again later.

- I have taken every single file off the hard drive.

- I have run CCleaner.

- I have tried to install and use the windows 10 assistant but each time it says I still have no space to run updates.

- I troubleshooted the windows update in settings.

- I cannpt reset to factory setting becasue I still have NO SPACE.

I really cannot get my head around it I have NOTHING on this damn laptop now and it still says I have under 600mb on storage.

I have been on these forums and googling the internet for months and each time I think I have solved something I have a brand new problem. I am at the point of throwing the laptop out of the window and investing in apple!

Any ideas? Thanks!

:)

HannahMarie92, Oct 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 sluggish preformance, at my wits end with this.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I appreciate your efforts toward fixing the issue. I will certainly help you with this.

This issue may arise due to many reason such as system file corruption, graphics card and games compatibility etc. I suggest you to follow the below given methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Run System Maintenance and check if it shows any error messages:

• Press Windows + X key and click on Control Panel.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security, click on System Maintenance and follow the onscreen suggestion.
    Method 2:

I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Method 3:

This issue may also arise due to incompatibility of graphics driver with Windows. I suggest you to try compatibility mode for graphics driver and check if it helps. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Right click on graphic driver that you have downloaded from manufacturer website.
    • Click/tap on Properties.
    • Check the Run this program in Compatibility mode for under
      Compatibility tab
    • Select Windows 8.1/8 from the drop down under
      Compatibility mode section.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Install the drivers, restart PC and check if issue is resolved.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Oct 13, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 13, 2019
  4. DRDNA Win User

Windows 10 Update *At My Wits End*

DRDNA, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Update *At My Wits End*

1. Windows 10 Update *At My Wits End* - Similar Threads - Update *At Wits

2. I Am At My Wit's End

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I Am At My Wit's End: After digging through countless forums and help boards I cannot filter through or find anything relevant to my current situation. I got a brand new HP laptop with Windows 10 a few days ago and set up a few things, nothing much. Just Steam, Tf2, Zoom, Minecraft, and a couple...
  3. AT my wits end with this mouse issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AT my wits end with this mouse issue: y does my mouse not work since windows 10? requires 1 2 3 clicks to function https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/at-my-wits-end-with-this-mouse-issue/072dc6b7-98d5-454a-9d0c-dde48cd963d5
  4. I am at my wits end..

I am at my wits end..: submitted by /u/TIWIMEISTER [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hlypq3/i_am_at_my_wits_end/
  5. Constant BSOD - at my wits end

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD - at my wits end: Hi, Can someone please look at my minidump files and point me in the right direction here? dump files here https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkUVehxmeikB8TZCZS_rcFQniT2N?e=PZhmYf been getting ntfs.sys a lot of late but has also been others. i had changed my SSD, swapped memory...
  6. Im at wits end....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Im at wits end....: Okay, I've been running NOX android emulator on my windows10 , Dell laptop for about a week with no problems. Then a few days ago, I started it up, and got a blue screen. ERROR VERIFICATION FAILED 15 ACCESS DENIED and in the middle of the screen, theres a little icon that...
  7. At wit's end

At wit's end: Ok, so a little while ago, I decided I want to get into game streaming. I'm a stay at home, disabled husband. I bought a decent pair of headphones, and a professional cardiodid mic. Everything worked perfectly - until today. Now, I can't get my mic to work with groups,...
  8. At my wit's end with my internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    At my wit's end with my internet connection: So, the TL;DR is that I'm having internet problems. I have a gig internet plan with Comcast, but my computer specifically is getting anywhere from 100-200 MBPS, even when I'm hardwired in. I had one of their techs come out to do a complete overview of everything, and...
  9. At Wits end

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    At Wits end: Ok, things used to be so easy. I have three new or newer computers running windows 10 and avg internet security ultimate. I can't connect to other computers on network and am just about bald. I can see one computer but the laptop I can't. all settings are the same.. I am...
  10. Windows 10 forced download - at my wits end.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 forced download - at my wits end.: I have owned windows OS PCs since Win2000. I have never had any issues until I bought my Win10 machine. I am on a limited data plan and have done everything I can think of to stop automatic windows updates because they chew up all my data allowance (win10 is updating as I...