Windows 10: Windows 10 Update (August 2019) Error “Please insert the external storage media and press OK”

Discus and support Windows 10 Update (August 2019) Error “Please insert the external storage media and press OK” in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Alienware 15. Insufficient space for update. Used a WD external hard drive that is password locked. Upon restart, it requires the external hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dad2019, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Dad2019 Win User

Windows 10 Update (August 2019) Error “Please insert the external storage media and press OK”

Alienware 15. Insufficient space for update. Used a WD external hard drive that is password locked.

Upon restart, it requires the external hard drive BUT I CAN’T UNLOCK IT.

I can F2 to BIOS but I don’t know where to go there.

:)

Dad2019, Aug 16, 2019
  2. xTSx Win User

Error: Please Insert The External Storage Media And Press Ok

My computer, HP 14-an013nr, said to do the Windows 10 update, but the storage was full so it suggested an external storage device... The problem is that now after using a usp drive and following the steps it is unable to reinstall the previous version. I've
    tried this multiple times and even when it says "Restoring the previous version of windows" it always comes back to the "error please insert the external storage media and press ok" message. I can no longer use the computer. It will do NOTHING. It won't restore
    the previous version of windows and only shows a black screen with the error message. Is there a way to save the thing or is it lost?

3. please insert the external storage media and press ok after download windows

while updating windows 7 to windows 10,Main problem is after downloading windows 10 and pc restarted then windows logo comming And getting the error message of please insert the external storage media and press ok

naveentalluri5264, Aug 16, 2019
  4. xTSx Win User

Windows 10 Update (August 2019) Error “Please insert the external storage media and press OK”

error please insert the external storage media and press ok

When opening my computer (HP 14-an013nr, I think) it said to do the Windows 10 update, but the storage was full so it suggested an external storage device...so I bought a usb flash drive. Now after waiting forever, the update failed (not a shocker as this
    is the second time trying). The problem is that now it is unable to reinstall the previous version. I've tried this multiple times and even when it says "Restoring the previous version of windows" it always comes back to the "error please insert the external
    storage media and press ok" message. This whole thing has been strange from the start. Like how an unused laptop could suddenly lack storage space for a forced update.

Edit: Thank you for the replys! But, I think the point was missed...The problem is that I can no longer use the computer. It will do NOTHING. It won't restore the previous version of windows and only shows a black screen with the error message. Is there
    a way to save the thing or is it lost?

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update (August 2019) Error “Please insert the external storage media and press OK” - Similar Threads - Update August 2019

2. Error: X Please insert the external storage media and press OK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error: X Please insert the external storage media and press OK: I have a ACER Aspire 1 Laptop. I’ve tried pressing ok multiple times but it would just result in to a loop with a ACER loading screen. I can’t get out of it and I have no I idea what to do....
  3. Error: X Please insert the external storage media and press OK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error: X Please insert the external storage media and press OK: I have a ACER Aspire 1 Laptop. I’ve tried pressing ok multiple times but it would just result in to a loop with a ACER loading screen. I can’t get out of it and I have no I idea what to do....
  4. Error: X Please insert the external storage media and press OK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Please insert the external storage media and press ok

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please insert the external storage media and press ok: Hi I just upgraded my windows 7 to 10 but when I restart my laptop it shows the error please insert the external storage media and press ok please help me to reset my pc and login...
  6. Please insert the external storage media and press ok

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please insert the external storage media and press ok: Hi I just upgraded my windows 7 to 10 but when I restart my laptop it shows the error please insert the external storage media and press ok please help me to reset my pc and login...
  7. Please insert the external storage media and press ok

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Please insert the external storage media and press OK message while upgrading Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Please insert the external storage media and press OK message while upgrading Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you receive a message Please insert the external storage media and press OK message while upgrading Windows 10, and your PC is stuck on […] This article Please insert the external storage media and press OK message while upgrading Windows 10 first appeared on...
  9. “Please insert external storage media and press ok” error. Helppp!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Please insert external storage media and press ok” error. Helppp!!!: Help, l was trying to update my Lenovo laptop and an error suddenly popped up saying “ please insert external storage media and press ok”.I’ve been searching in the internet on how to do it and I’m confused, frustrated and tired cause it’s 2:10am right now. Can someone help...
  10. Error please insert the external storage media and press ok

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error please insert the external storage media and press ok: I was wondering if anyone could help. Ive been recieveing the error message (the one in the title) and it stays on a black screen and nothing happens i cant click on anything as my windows wont load. Ive got a acer aspier. I recently contacted MS support to fix this issue but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. please insert the external storage media external drive

2. please insert external media and press ok

3. please insert the external storage media and press ok after update