Windows 10: Windows 10 Update automatically install an incompatible touchpad driver

Discus and support Windows 10 Update automatically install an incompatible touchpad driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop installs an incompatible touchpad driver. The compatible touchpad for my laptop supposed only 'Synaptics Pointing Device' from Synaptics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnthonyIan1999, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Update automatically install an incompatible touchpad driver

My laptop installs an incompatible touchpad driver. The compatible touchpad for my laptop supposed only 'Synaptics Pointing Device' from Synaptics Incorporated. The touchpad driver that should be compatible with my laptop can be seen with the screenshot marked with a green circle.

Windows 10 Update automatically install an incompatible touchpad driver 92207db3-97f7-49f6-b18c-dd8b80f86e0c?upload=true.png

I'm sure that 'Finger Sensing Pad' driver, from Sentelic Corporation can result the serious touchpad damage and cause serious problem on my laptop. I want to add 'Sentelic Corporation' to the publisher/manufacturer blacklist from Windows 10 devices for preventing device installation from Sentelic Corporation for next time. Please help me to block 'Sentelic Corporation' from the app publisher and/or the device manufacturer for Windows 10 devices.

:)

AnthonyIan1999, Nov 30, 2020

2. touchpad driver update

Hi Chandrahasan,

Incompatible device drivers are known to operate against the method that Windows 10 follows. We suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problem, and attempt to fix the issue automatically. To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, uninstall the touchpad driver, then follow these steps to check if the issue is driver related:

• Right-click on the name of your PC at the top of the list of devices in
      Device Manager
    • Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the device driver, or download and install the latest version from the manufacturer’s website.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Elan touchpad driver incompatibility (Samsung laptop)

Today I made the Windows 10 (Home) update to my Samsung Series 9 laptop (under 2yo) having uninstalled Avast! and making sure everything was up-to-date. I had to force the update as I noticed the 80240020 error present from Windows Update. Anyway, after the update the touchpad did not function correctly. At first it didn't work at all (luckily I had a wireless Logitech mouse) and then it was only able to move the cursor (clicks, scrolls and swipes did not work). I did a little research and found out that the culprit is the Elan touchpad driver 11.7.33.1 which both Windows Update and Samsung Update suggest as the driver I should use. I could not repair the software nor could I make find a better driver. I finally rolled-back to previous touchpad driver (some old MS driver) and it restored basic functionality (I can move the cursor and use left and right clicks). When I go to Samsung Update, it suggests I should install the incompatible driver. When I go to Windows Update, it forces the installation of the incompatible driver.

As I'm sure some of you have Samsung laptops or laptops that use the same touchpad drivers, I would be interested in hearing how compatible Windows 10 has been concerning your touchpads.

Tigerman82, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Update automatically install an incompatible touchpad driver

Touchpad not working after Windows 10 installment

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to update the drivers and check if the issue persists.

• Update the Touchpad Driver.
    • Press Windows + x key together and select Device Manager.
    • Locate the Touchpad Driver.
    • Right click on the Touchpad Driver icon and click on “Update Driver Software”.
    • Click on “Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software” option.
    If still the issue persist then I suggest you to go to the manufacturer’s website download the touchpad drivers and install it in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Update automatically install an incompatible touchpad driver

1. Windows 10 Update automatically install an incompatible touchpad driver - Similar Threads - Update automatically install

2. Windows Continuously Updating Incompatible Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Continuously Updating Incompatible Drivers: I'm having an issue where Windows Update keeps downloading and installing incompatible AMD drivers. I have disabled Windows from downloading manufacturer apps and drivers, but it still downloads and installs them automatically. I'm getting seriously frustrated with having to...
  3. Windows Continuously Updating Incompatible Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Continuously Updating Incompatible Drivers: I'm having an issue where Windows Update keeps downloading and installing incompatible AMD drivers. I have disabled Windows from downloading manufacturer apps and drivers, but it still downloads and installs them automatically. I'm getting seriously frustrated with having to...
  4. Incompatible Drivers re Windows 11 Instalation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incompatible Drivers re Windows 11 Instalation: Hi All, Having navigated the TPM problems with a new BIOS sent from Gigabyte, I am still having the Security Processor details - Staus Attestation - Not Ready Storage Ready.Unable to rectify.... Security Processor troubleshooting... Error messages Device health attestation...
  5. Incompatible Drivers re Windows 11 Instalation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incompatible Drivers re Windows 11 Instalation: Hi All, Having navigated the TPM problems with a new BIOS sent from Gigabyte, I am still having the Security Processor details - Staus Attestation - Not Ready Storage Ready.Unable to rectify.... Security Processor troubleshooting... Error messages Device health attestation...
  6. Incompatible Drivers re Windows 11 Instalation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Install Touchpad Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Install Touchpad Driver: Hello. I recently got my Lenovo Yoga2 11 back and had issues with the touchscreen and touchpad. I was able to update/add the correct driver for the touchscreen, but can't resolve the touchpad. Specifically, my touchpad moves and clicks, but does not drag/highlight. I...
  8. When installing new chipset drivers windows 10 is incompatible.

When installing new chipset drivers windows 10 is incompatible.: When I try to install new chipset drivers for my Asus Prime X470-Pro mobo it says my windows is not compatible. The error is, "Does not support this Operating System: WNT_10.0H_64". My version of windows is, "Version 1909 OS Build 18363.535" Any ideas on how to fix?...
  9. Touchpad driver was not installed

Touchpad driver was not installed: I have a Lenovo ideapad 330 laptop 14AST I want to install the touchpad driver, but it's not in the driver pack. Finally I downloaded it manually but it can't be installed and there is a message "touchpad driver was not instaled please see C: Drivers / touchpadDriver /...
  10. Elan touchpad driver incompatibility (Samsung laptop)

Elan touchpad driver incompatibility (Samsung laptop): Today I made the Windows 10 (Home) update to my Samsung Series 9 laptop (under 2yo) having uninstalled Avast! and making sure everything was up-to-date. I had to force the update as I noticed the 80240020 error present from Windows Update. Anyway, after the update the...