Windows 10: Windows 10 Update/Avast Anti-Virus

Discus and support Windows 10 Update/Avast Anti-Virus in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I`ve been trying to update my Windows 10 with the latest version but halfway through the download, a separate window will open saying that I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Stephen HNY, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Update/Avast Anti-Virus

I`ve been trying to update my Windows 10 with the latest version but halfway through the download, a separate window will open saying that I need to uninstall Avast Antivirus as it`s no longer compatible. I haven`t had Avast on this PC for years and its not in the list of apps nor in the Control Panel

I`ve tried using Avast Clear but that doesnt stop the message from re-appearing when I try to start the update again. I even tried resetting the PC but that didnt work either.

I`m at the end of my tether here as I have spent three days trying to update, the download process is OK until the Avast message appears but then the download justs virtually grinds to a halt, I`m talking hours to move on just 1%!

I even had one of the Microsoft Assistants take remote control of my PC but guess what, that didnt work either

Any help well appreciated.

:)

Stephen HNY, Aug 10, 2019
  2. Jsssssssss, Aug 10, 2019
  3. edbrass Win User
    avast anti-virus

why has avast anti-virus suddenly installed on my pc?

edbrass, Aug 10, 2019
  4. JdPower Win User

Windows 10 Update/Avast Anti-Virus

Free Kaspersky Anti Virus

^ Agree! avast is really nice anti-virus... I suggest anyone who doesn't have it dl it ASAP.

JdPower, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Update/Avast Anti-Virus

1. Windows 10 Update/Avast Anti-Virus - Similar Threads - Update Avast Anti

2. Recurring Windows 10 Anti Virus Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recurring Windows 10 Anti Virus Update: Every hour or 2 when i Click check for updates this one always keeps poping up and it completes at 100% but keeps re-appearing hours later. Its called "Security Intalligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.333.1413.0"...
  3. Is avast anti virus reall or fake

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is avast anti virus reall or fake: I am not sure , once it locked up a virus file which was very useful but is it really or fake?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-avast-anti-virus-reall-or-fake/b92bddc8-00d4-4833-96fc-607cae25fa77
  4. windows 10 Anti- virus

windows 10 Anti- virus: I am trying to install and run the Windows 10 Anti Virus /Malware module but I can't figure out how to get it on my computer and turn it on. Can someone give me some direction on this issue.? I am not a programmer so coding instructions fail me....
  5. anti-virus update

anti-virus update: I keep getting notification that I need a new app to update my antivirus in Windows Defender which is said to be out of date. When I try to get it from the Microsoft store, as instructed, it cannot be found. What is going on?...
  6. Anti virus not getting updated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Anti virus not getting updated: I am getting the message your antivirus is managed by your organization. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anti-virus-not-getting-updated/36c86f9e-7959-4f6e-abb0-d213377c4fb3
  7. Updating Anti Virus

Updating Anti Virus: Can you please show me how and what to upgrade and update the anti virus, and what is the better anti virus for windows 10. thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/updating-anti-virus/8cc994b8-6eee-4e22-a265-59cb7fe2553d
  8. Windows 10 update (V. 1903) not working due to 'Avast anti virus'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update (V. 1903) not working due to 'Avast anti virus': When I try to update to windows 10 (V. 1903) I get a message telling me I need to uninstall Avast anti virus as it is not compatible with the update but I do not have Avast on my computer to uninstall. Has anybody fixed this issue? Please help. Bare in mind I am not great...
  9. supprimer définitivement Anti virus Avast de mon ordinateur windows 10

supprimer définitivement Anti virus Avast de mon ordinateur windows 10: Bonjour, Je vous demande de me supprimer définitivement l'Anti virus Avast gratuit de mon ordinateur Windows 10, que je n'ai jusqu'ici utiliser que l'Anti virus Kaspersky qui est très performant. Car on ne peut travailler sur un ordinateur qu'avec un seul antivirus. Le site...
  10. cant access my windows 10 system after installing Avast Anti virus.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cant access my windows 10 system after installing Avast Anti virus.: I bought Avast Anti virus on a 60 day free trial,and ever since i havent been able to access my system to get a restore point.I cant get loudspeakers,printer,some apps and it really is annoying.My pc worked fine until i got this anti virus and i cant uninstall it as i cant...