Windows 10: Windows 10 update black screen no desktop :

Discus and support Windows 10 update black screen no desktop : in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Alright so I updated my pc about an hour ago and when it was done and i signed back in I was greeted by a black screen and a cursor, so I started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ultrastarrz6, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Windows 10 update black screen no desktop :

Alright so I updated my pc about an hour ago and when it was done and i signed back in I was greeted by a black screen and a cursor, so I started googling and it said to go into task manager and open file explorer in task manager, which i tried, and file explorer just closed after a second. Pls any help is greatly appreciated. <3

:)

ultrastarrz6, Jun 11, 2021
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Black Screen after update

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try pour best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to access the desktop.

Method 1:

Step 1: Perform Power Drain and check if you are able to access your desktop screen.

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec.
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.

Step 2: If you can access the desktop check if your system is functioning as normal. Also check which update got installed in your system, by opening Control Panel and then opening Programs and Features.

Method 2: Inaccessible Desktop.

If you are unable to access the desktop screen and you are stuck on the
    Black Screen,
    then I would suggest that you refer to the article
    Troubleshoot black screen problems provided in the link below and check if you are able to resolve the issue.

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 update black screen no desktop :

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 update black screen no desktop :

1. Windows 10 update black screen no desktop : - Similar Threads - update black screen

2. Windows 10 update black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update black screen: My desktop just did a windows 10 update now I have a black screen and it won't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-black-screen/cef10962-58fc-44c2-9b3e-78917da4c379
  3. Black desktop screen after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black desktop screen after update: My desktop is now black and not its usual colour. other screens like this one are white as usual https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-desktop-screen-after-update/9e25c997-3f67-47fe-8ef3-1d2e2ff127d6
  4. Windows 10, Black screen in desktop

Windows 10, Black screen in desktop: Hi friends, Suddenly, the black screen appeared in my desktop screen. During that time, internet is connected in desktop from my smart phone and my son, he is downloading a game it seems. Initially, a white curser appeared without blinking but after restart its not...
  5. Desktop Screen is Black

Desktop Screen is Black: The screen on Desktop computer shows a black background and the text is mostly yellow. How can I change it to normal. I also found out that Windows was update a few hours ago. I have read about related problems here and their solutions, but it seems as if the updated...
  6. Windows 10 update causes black screen in Microsoft Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update causes black screen in Microsoft Remote Desktop: Windows 10 May 2019 Update has a new issue with a small number of devices, specifically old monitors with outdated graphics drivers. We have spotted a number of posts on Microsoft’s own community forum and Feedback Hub made by users who have documented a black screen issue...
  7. Windows 10 1903 (May update) black screen with Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 1903 (May update) black screen with Remote Desktop: I upgraded my secondary machine from 1809 to 1903. When I access it now using Remote Desktop all I get is a black screen in the RDP windows. I then upgraded my primary machine to 1903 hoping that would help, but no. Fortunately I also have GoToAssist installed so I was able...
  8. Desktop black screen

Desktop black screen: Hi When I log on I briefly have access to my desktop but after a few seconds or if i try to get to my settings the whole screen goes black. However my mouse arrow stays visible and I can move it but theres nothing to click on to. Please can anyone help???...
  9. Windows 10 update black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 update black screen: Last night windows forced me to update my laptop so I let it update over night. When I wake up I check on my laptop to be greeted with a black screen with no cusor on it I don't know what to do please help. I updated my laptop on Dec. 30, 2018 My laptop is Lenovo ideapad...
  10. Windows 10 black screen - no desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 black screen - no desktop: I recently installed Windows 10 retail on a new Asus Hero vII. Everything worked well for a while and I was able to install software. Now, I suddenly get a black screen on startup. I type in my Pin and I see my usual desktop background photo, but there are no icons. Also,...