Windows 10: Windows 10 update - Bluetooth not recognised

Discus and support Windows 10 update - Bluetooth not recognised in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since the last Windows 10 update I no longer have Bluetooth on my laptop. There is no on/off switch in Settings or Action Centre. How do I get it back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Piilate, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Piilate Win User

Windows 10 update - Bluetooth not recognised

Since the last Windows 10 update I no longer have Bluetooth on my laptop. There is no on/off switch in Settings or Action Centre. How do I get it back?

:)

Piilate, Apr 18, 2020
  2. Sigurd Win User

Bluetooth not recognising headphones

Bluetooth on my PC recognises, pairs with and works with an ear piece headphone/mic.
    Bluetooth on my Smartphone recognises, pairs with and works with an Ausdom headphone.
    Therefore all hardware works.

However, PC Bluetooth will not recognise, let alone pair with, Ausdom headphone.

I have tried re-boots, turning Bluetooth on/off, uninstalling, re-loading drivers, etc. I have run out of ideas.

Any suggestions please?

Sigurd, Apr 18, 2020
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Apr 18, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

USB-BT211 Mini Bluetooth Dongle | Networking | ASUS Global

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    USB-BT400 | Networking | ASUS Global

P4-630, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update - Bluetooth not recognised - Similar Threads - update Bluetooth recognised

2. Bluetooth Audio device not recognised by Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Audio device not recognised by Windows: Hello, I'm currently facing an issue with my Bluetooth neckbands and I'm seeking assistance to resolve it. After successfully pairing the neckbands with my PC, they do not establish a connection. Surprisingly, the device is listed in the "Other Devices" section rather than...
  3. Bluetooth Audio device not recognised by Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Audio device not recognised by Windows: Hello, I'm currently facing an issue with my Bluetooth neckbands and I'm seeking assistance to resolve it. After successfully pairing the neckbands with my PC, they do not establish a connection. Surprisingly, the device is listed in the "Other Devices" section rather than...
  4. Bluetooth Audio device not recognised by Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth not recognising and not turning on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth not recognising and not turning on: my computer has randomly shut off it's Bluetooth function and I've tried all i know and can't get it back on, every time i trouble shoot it comes up saying that i don't have Bluetooth drive and need an external one.i am running windows 11 and my motherboard is a ausus b550m-a...
  6. Bluetooth not recognising and not turning on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth not recognising and not turning on: my computer has randomly shut off it's Bluetooth function and I've tried all i know and can't get it back on, every time i trouble shoot it comes up saying that i don't have Bluetooth drive and need an external one.i am running windows 11 and my motherboard is a ausus b550m-a...
  7. Bluetooth adapter - not recognised Windows 10

Bluetooth adapter - not recognised Windows 10: My PC is not Bluetooth capable, so I have purchased a tp-link Bluetooth 4.0 Nano USB Adapter in order to use Apple Pro Pods on my PC. As this should be 'plug and play' on Windows 10 there should not be a problem with the system recognising the adapter and setting up the pods...
  8. Bluetooth No Longer Recognised

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth No Longer Recognised: I don't use Bluetooth often, the last time I used it on my PC was in August. Unfortunately I have since updated to version 20H2 since then and the option to turn on Bluetooth no longer appears. I have tried pretty much every trouble shooting step, from updating drivers to...
  9. Bluetooth Headphones not recognised Windows 10

Bluetooth Headphones not recognised Windows 10: I've tried connecting Bluetooth headphones for days now. They connect easily to every other device I have, except for my laptop with Windows 10. I've followed the suggestions in the below links, but all it has managed to do is display 2 devices paired by Bluetooth, and the...
  10. Bluetooth not recognising headphones

Bluetooth not recognising headphones: Bluetooth on my PC recognises, pairs with and works with an ear piece headphone/mic. Bluetooth on my Smartphone recognises, pairs with and works with an Ausdom headphone. Therefore all hardware works. However, PC Bluetooth will not recognise, let alone pair with, Ausdom...