Windows 10: Windows 10 update breaking hard drives?

Discus and support Windows 10 update breaking hard drives? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ever since the latest came out windows has destroyed 2 hard drives mine and my boyfriends. I was lucky enough to have a backup but it has windows 7 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Plagued Legion, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Windows 10 update breaking hard drives?

Ever since the latest came out windows has destroyed 2 hard drives mine and my boyfriends. I was lucky enough to have a backup but it has windows 7 and no drivers installed. Can i have microsoft pay for the damages to the computers or can they replace my stuff for me since it was their update that did it or is there anything i can do so i dont have to spend a ton of money replacing my stuff?

:)

Plagued Legion, Oct 23, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 23, 2018
  3. little cat, Oct 23, 2018
  4. Windows 10 update breaking hard drives?

Samsung M3 portable hard drive not getting recognised on Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information

• Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive on the computer?
    • Are you logged into the Administrator Account while assigning the driver letter to the external hard drive?

I recommend you to follow the steps below to update all the pending Windows updates and also try to reinstall the hard drive driver in the Device Manager. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update all the pending Windows updates in the computer and check if it helps.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Then select Settings.

3. Choose Update & security >
    Windows Update
    >Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 2: I recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the Hard drive as suggested in the previous post. Also you can run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Step 3: Then try to boot the computer in safe mode and check if the hard drive is getting recgonized in it or not.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Please get back to us with an update on issue in connecting External hard drive into Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 update breaking hard drives?

1. Windows 10 update breaking hard drives? - Similar Threads - update breaking hard

2. Latest updates break Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest updates break Windows 10: I've seen the notifications on various forums about the latest windows update breaking windows 10 and 11 for some users. Below is some information I've found and issues that I feel need to be addressed.1. The update still comes up as a mandatory update. While you can postpone...
  3. Latest updates break Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest updates break Windows 10: I've seen the notifications on various forums about the latest windows update breaking windows 10 and 11 for some users. Below is some information I've found and issues that I feel need to be addressed.1. The update still comes up as a mandatory update. While you can postpone...
  4. Latest updates break Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Update Breaks Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update Breaks Keyboard: I’m having some pretty major issues. Sometime around November 28, an automatic Windows 10 update broke all of my HP laptop’s keyboard, trackpad, and touchscreen functionality. And now after running HP Diagnostics software, all of the laptop’s Wi-Fi functionality is broken!All...
  6. Updating Windows 10 with External Hard Drive

Updating Windows 10 with External Hard Drive: Hello, I have been getting alerts on my Laptop about me needing to free up space. 32GB I can't really do that so, the computer said I could buy an External Hard Drive. I went and bought myself a 2TB for the update and some game files, etc. I remembered when I downloaded game...
  7. Why did formatting an external hard drive make it break??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why did formatting an external hard drive make it break??: I really need your guys' help. I quick formatted an external hdd and it won't let me copy files into it. It says fatal hardware error. I tried testdisk and easeus but no progress even after 10 minutes so I gave up automatically since I am in a hurry. I really need to fix this...
  8. Windows 10 Update damage to hard drive

Windows 10 Update damage to hard drive: I have a Windows 10 laptop. During a security update my hard drive got wiped out so completely that my computer keeps telling me to.reinstall Windows 10. The recovery copy i made on to my external hard drive won't even recover it! I don't know what to do? HELP!!!!!...
  9. Hard Drive freezing or breaking everything it interacts with

Hard Drive freezing or breaking everything it interacts with: I have an old 1Tb HDD that I decided to put in my windows 10 pc to upgrade. Everything that interacts with the hard drive either freezes or breaks entirely. windows explorer forever loads when opening the "This PC" menu although it does show up without a volume, device...
  10. Windows 10 Update Wiped Hard Drive

Windows 10 Update Wiped Hard Drive: When I saw a forced Windows update, I assumed it was a minor security update and not the one that it pretty obviously was. My bad, I assumed that Windows update would actually automatically check before it processed with installing anything given the sheer number of issues...