Windows 10: Windows 10 update breaks another critical feature “sleep mode”

Discus and support Windows 10 update breaks another critical feature “sleep mode” in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; All Windows 10 devices ship with a feature called ‘sleep mode’ where the system simply goes into a low power state and remains that way. After the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 7, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 update breaks another critical feature “sleep mode”

All Windows 10 devices ship with a feature called ‘sleep mode’ where the system simply goes into a low power state and remains that way.

After the rollout of September 2020 optional update, users are reporting that their computer keeps waking up from sleep mode. If it happens to you, there may be a few settings you can tweak to fix the problem.

The first step in figuring out problems with Windows 10’s sleep mode is determining what’s doing the waking. In this case, users discovered that “MoUSO Core Worker Process (MoUsoCoreWorker.exe)” resulted in sleep disruption of their devices.

USO Core Worker Process is a process that’s related to Windows Updating and it could cause unwanted wakeups after you apply Windows 10 version 2004 update and optional update is pending for installation.

“When I close the lid, press the power button, or select Sleep in the power menu or the win-x menu, instead of sleeping, the screen simply turns off, and my laptop does not go to sleep even after leaving it alone all night,” one user noted, and there are similar complaints on Microsoft’s forum.

The problem with sleep mode was first reported after the release of Windows 10’s May 2020 Update and it was fixed with Windows 10 KB4568831.

Now, less than a month later, the same problem with Windows 10 has reappeared, though it may not be affecting everyone.

As we mentioned at the outset, it appears that Windows Update is a fickle beast here and you may be able to solve this problem easily by diagnosing Windows Update.

How to fix sleep mode issues on Windows 10 after version 2004

One way to fix the problem is by using Windows Update’s Settings to schedule those updates and reboots and prevent the update service from running at odd hours. Once done, you would need to reboot your computer and try the sleep mode again.

If you’re unable to fix the sleep mode issues by tweaking your update schedule, you can also try these advance steps:

• Open Windows Search.
    • Search for ‘Services.msc’.
    • In the Services window, look for ‘Windows Update’ service.
    • Click on Windows Update and select ‘Stop’.
    • Click on the same entry again and select ‘Restart’.

Once done, mousocoreworker.exe will no longer prevent your computer from getting into the sleep mode.

The post Windows 10 update breaks another critical feature “sleep mode” appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 7, 2020

2. Windows 10 Anniversary Update problem with Sleep Mode

Thank you for the reply. I followed the steps listed and the screen still goes dark 1-2 minutes when reading a document. The screen stays on while watching videos if there is screen movement, but will go dark if there is a long break in action. So, there
    is improvement but not back to the state of things before the update.

UPDATE: 10/25/2016

Seems the answer provided by Micheal has worked, sleep mode is no longer enabled. Have made inquiries about this issue with HP and have received no replies. They've discontinued this model, so I'll just leave sleep mode off. Thanks again for the help.

sachonez52, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Windows 10 update breaks another critical feature “sleep mode”

Sleep mode

Hi,

This issue with sleep mode could have happened due to corrupted or outdated drivers. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you update your drivers. You can follow the steps provided in this

article

If the issue still persists, we also suggest that you change the settings in your Windows 10. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    . This will give you steps to shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update breaks another critical feature “sleep mode”

1. Windows 10 update breaks another critical feature “sleep mode” - Similar Threads - update breaks another

2. Will there be another Windows 10 feature update?

in Windows 10 News
    Will there be another Windows 10 feature update?: Microsoft released the Windows 10 2022 Update last month and with its release comes the question regarding future updates for the operating system. Will Microsoft release additional feature updates for Windows 10, or is the Windows 10 version 22H2 update the last for the...
  3. Feature updates keep breaking my Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Feature updates keep breaking my Windows 10: Every automatic update since last summer has been causing problems for my pc. The first one that failed was Windows 10, version 2004. Now it seems to be Windows 10, version 20H2. I did this pc build in 2018. Here are the parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NGK8Mb Mostly it...
  4. Sleep Mode no longer works after Windows 10 Feature Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep Mode no longer works after Windows 10 Feature Update: I recently got a Windows 10 Feature update (it was automatic), and now my sleep mode doesn’t work. When I click to go to sleep mode, all it does is make the display black, but the computer doesn’t actually go to sleep. The power light remains lit (which it turned off before),...
  5. Feature Updates Breaking Login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Feature Updates Breaking Login: The last two feature updates (2004 and 20H4) have both rendered my system unable to login. It's a bit hard to describe exactly, but basically it accepts all of my proper passwords or biometrics upon input, starts to login, and then immediately kicks back to the login screen....
  6. Feature Updates Breaking Login

in Windows 10 Support
    Feature Updates Breaking Login: The last two feature updates (2004 and 20H4) have both rendered my system unable to login. It's a bit hard to describe exactly, but basically it accepts all of my proper passwords or biometrics upon input, starts to login, and then immediately kicks back to the login screen....
  7. Windows 10 May 2020 Update breaks down critical feature

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2020 Update breaks down critical feature: Windows 10 comes with a feature called ‘Credentials Manager’ that stores your sign-in information for websites, apps, and also networks, including the VPN connections. Windows Credentials feature isn’t new and it’s been around for a long time, and it is designed to save your...
  8. KB4559309 Yet another update with critical flaws and missing features

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4559309 Yet another update with critical flaws and missing features: KB4559309 is an update released late June 2020. There is no choice but to accept this discombobulated update. Firstly, you cannot uninstall this update. KB4559309 is an update for a browser, called Edge, that as a Surface user you pretty much have to use against many users...
  9. Windows 10 May 2020 Update breaks down another feature

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2020 Update breaks down another feature: Windows 10’s May 2020 Update, which was released on May 27, has ended up breaking an essential app. The app in the question is OneDrive and it’s apparently made by Microsoft. After upgrading to Windows 10 version 2004, people have been complaining that they cannot access...
  10. Going into Sleep Mode "breaks" headphone output

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Going into Sleep Mode "breaks" headphone output: Hey there, I made a post a few days ago about an issue with my headphones with Windows 10, and couldn't pin down the issue. Well, recently I figured it out. My issue is that after my computer goes to sleep, when I power it back on, there will be no output from the...