Windows 10: Windows 10 update bricked my Windows Surface Go tablet.

Discus and support Windows 10 update bricked my Windows Surface Go tablet. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have had my Surface Go tablet for less than a year. In fact, I ordered it from Amazon on Mar. 20th of 2019 from a third party seller. Came in perfect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Scootyseck, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 update bricked my Windows Surface Go tablet.

I have had my Surface Go tablet for less than a year. In fact, I ordered it from Amazon on Mar. 20th of 2019 from a third party seller. Came in perfect condition with original packaging, I used it for work and recreational use for months. Bought keyboard and pen accessories. Fast forward to around October or November there was a Windows 10 update. I let the tablet update, which took unusually long. Only for the tablet to not even make it through the update and instead crash and upon restart tell me there is no bootable drive available. There is also massive tear 1/4s of the way up the screen and everything below that is just a blur. I managed to get the tablet to boot from my boot media I have for my desktop and ran a clean install of Windows 10which involved me deleting every already established partition because none of them would allow the install. The install went smooth and everything worked aside from the tear remaining through the process. Although not only will the tablet not recognize any wireless connection when you try to set up a connection through the Internet Properties it claims "Windows did not detect any networking hardware". I have done what I can to try to save it after Microsoft forced me to start an update that would make my machine that I paid hundreds of dollars for unusable, but I am at a loss here.

:)

Scootyseck, Jan 26, 2020

2. Best windows 8 tablet?

I've apple ipod touch 4g, google nexus 4, hp envy 17 3d, so using all 3 OS - iOS, android, windows 7.

I dont have any tablet yet..thinking to buy windows 8 tablet..

i like hp envy x2 much..tablet cum notebook..

but microsoft surface and many other good tablets in market and i dont have idea..

suggest me best windows 8/?RT tablets..

thx..

freebird_9924, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 26, 2020
  4. RejZoR Win User

Windows 10 update bricked my Windows Surface Go tablet.

Screen auto-rotation on Windows 10 tablet?

Ok, as it turns out it was partially my fault. After following @zo0lykas link, I was pushed into right direction and found out Microsoft Sensors Troubleshooter which said sensors were disabled by group policy. Which reminded me, only thing I did run on the tablet because it's Windows 10 is O&O Shutup 10.

There is a setting called "Sensors for locating the system and its orientation disabled" I've reset this setting to system default and restarted the tablet. Auto rotation is again working. So, you can still use O&O Shutup 10, you just have to pay attention to this setting on Windows tablets if you want to keep auto rotation functionality.

Thx everyone for help.

RejZoR, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update bricked my Windows Surface Go tablet.

1. Windows 10 update bricked my Windows Surface Go tablet. - Similar Threads - update bricked Surface

2. windows 11 22h2 update bricks surface laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 22h2 update bricks surface laptop: So, I was installing 22h2 on a Surface go laptop. 64 gb of memory, when i was installing it, it had 6.6 gb free. It had to use a removable drive to “expand” the c: drive as it said, and the first part installing was fine, but the problem was that my mini sd card plugged into...
  3. windows 11 22h2 update bricks surface laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 22h2 update bricks surface laptop: So, I was installing 22h2 on a Surface go laptop. 64 gb of memory, when i was installing it, it had 6.6 gb free. It had to use a removable drive to “expand” the c: drive as it said, and the first part installing was fine, but the problem was that my mini sd card plugged into...
  4. Windows 11 22H2 Update near-bricked a Surface

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 Update near-bricked a Surface: It's not mine, it's a relative's Microsoft Surface not clear which model it is, but it's fairly small. They bought it, loved it, did nothing in the way of customizing and then one day recently Microsoft's Windows update completely f***ed it. Their own updates of their own...
  5. Windows 11 22H2 Update near-bricked a Surface

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 22H2 Update near-bricked a Surface: It's not mine, it's a relative's Microsoft Surface not clear which model it is, but it's fairly small. They bought it, loved it, did nothing in the way of customizing and then one day recently Microsoft's Windows update completely f***ed it. Their own updates of their own...
  6. Bricked my Surface Pro?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bricked my Surface Pro?: I have a Surface Pro 7. I decided to change my PIN as I forgot both my PIN and my Password. I always use Windows Hello but for some reason it doesn't work sometimes and requires a PIN. Anyway, I changed my PIN successfully, and restarted my device. Now, I now cannot...
  7. Please help! My surface go has become a brick.

in Windows 10 Support
    Please help! My surface go has become a brick.: Hello all! I was trying to decrypt my bit-locked C drive but the process went wrong. Now I cannot log into my windows. Worse still, the Windows installation media does not work either - my computer can be booted into the USB drive but it is stuck on a blank blue screen. My...
  8. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903, "bricked" my WinBook TW100 Tablet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903, "bricked" my WinBook TW100 Tablet: All beware, Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903, "bricked" my WinBook TW100 Tablet. Make sure you have your recovery options and backups. When doing updates on my TW100 Tablet last night (7/19), Windows Update reported that it was up to date. However, Microsoft...
  9. Windows 10 1903 Bricked my Surface Book

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 Bricked my Surface Book: Was happily running Windows 10 and decided to upgrade to 1903. After Windows 10 1903 update and subsequent PC reset, the system failed to boot properly. Tried to use Recovery from the cloud (Failed) using my recovery key and then Advanced Options to Go Back to previous...
  10. Linx 10/64 tablets - bricked by Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Linx 10/64 tablets - bricked by Windows update: We have approx. 60 x Linx tablets - running Win 10 The problem is that they are being bricked by Win updates They are running Win 10 Enterprise and the latest update is killing them - completely - no BIOS access - nothing What is MS planning on doing to get past this issue...