Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Bricks my Internet

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Bricks my Internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Currently on: Windows 10 Build: 1803 I tried to update to (20h2 build) probably now 3 times, after hours of trying everything I could find I always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lightdark, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Lightdark Win User

Windows 10 Update Bricks my Internet

Currently on: Windows 10 Build: 1803 I tried to update to (20h2 build) probably now 3 times, after hours of trying everything I could find I always went back and reverted to my 1803 version where my internet works perfectly right away. After an update my internet completely bricks down, also for some magical reason, my Avast completely dissapears from my system like it never existed. I am connected on cable (I am on desktop), right after new update my network says there is no Connection, it won't even show my connection to router, troubleshooting only shows that I dont have valid IP adress assigned. I tried everything I could find on internet regarding CMD commands, flushing DNS, checking all kinds of options and they they are correcly on. My Device Manager shows on Network Adapters same thing, I tried to update it manually and even different versions to see if there is any change. Nothing, I am really clueless at this point, I would appreciate any help or suggestion, until then I think I will be just stuck clicking every day "delay by 1 hour" for an update, I am doing this for months now... Thank you for any suggestions.

:)

Lightdark, Jun 9, 2021
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4: July 12, 2016

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Jun 9, 2021
  3. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update Bricks my Internet - Similar Threads - Update Bricks Internet

2. Windows update bricked my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update bricked my laptop.: I was working on my laptop - Acer Aspire 7 A715-42G which was running on Windows 11. I got a pop up that asked me if I wanted to update now or update later. I clicked on later. Took a break of 15 mins and closed the lid of my laptop. When I came back, and checked it, there...
  3. Windows 10 update bricked my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update bricked my computer: Latest Microsoft windows 10 update has finally bricked my old acer aspire all in one. The 2018 updates started bricking the computer but using the trick of restoring and setting the wifi network as metered stopped Microsoft pushing the problem causing updates. However...
  4. Windows 10 Update bricked my laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Update bricked my laptop.: So long story short, I was forced into an update by windows on my laptop. Said update now has stuck me in a boot loop where it resets after flashing up on the screen saying "undoing changes made by windows update". The only thing I can acess is the BIOS. Any help would be...
  5. Windows 10 update bricked my network and I can't connect to the internet anymore

Windows 10 update bricked my network and I can't connect to the internet anymore: A couple of months ago, windows update bricked my computer and I had to reformat everything. Now, it has made all my networks useless. I can't even connect with a wired connection it's that bad. The last update that was supposed to start downloading was: "2019-10...
  6. Window's update bricked my PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Window's update bricked my PC: My PC updated last night. Turned it on today and it fails to boot windows and i get the beep code for a keyboard error. I removed the keyboard and checked for bent pins but the problem persisted. Can't help but think it was the update. 142025
  7. Windows update bricked my computer

Windows update bricked my computer: After installing the latest update, my computer is giving me 4 options, continue, use a device, troubleshoot, and turn off your pc. I have tried everything, and nothing works. I have tried reseting my pc, got an error, I tried resetting my pc and wiping my files, got an...
  8. windows 10 update bricked my laptop

windows 10 update bricked my laptop: so I'm the kinda person who doesn't like that windows 10 is always sneaking around on my metered internet connection downloading updates with my data that costs me money without my consent but today it got worse.. I bought a new dell laptop with high specs, 16 gigs ram 4...
  9. Windows 10 update bricked my pc

Windows 10 update bricked my pc: Windows 10 updated between November 12 and november 13 made my computer inoperable. Calling microsoft they tried safe mode and rolled back to previous day. Now it will not boot into safe mode and my only option is to reinstall Windows 10. What happened to the rollback, is...
  10. Windows 10 update bricked my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update bricked my pc: Since the last windows patch, every time i download it and update it and restart my pc it bricks my pc and the update doesnt go through. i already reset my pc twice and wiped everything and did a complete reboot; everything worked fine in the beginning until i dowloaded the...