Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Broke All Input Devices

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Broke All Input Devices in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I already uninstalled the latest feature update (August 13) and it has fixed the issue. No input devices worked; to include the touchscreen,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GwardXL, Aug 17, 2019.

1. GwardXL Win User

Windows 10 Update Broke All Input Devices

I already uninstalled the latest feature update (August 13) and it has fixed the issue.

No input devices worked; to include the touchscreen, bluetooth keyboard/mouse, and USB keyboard/mouse.

The computer is an Acer All In One. Model Aspire 73-710.

Seriously Microsoft? Considering just uninstalling Windows all together and using a different OS.

:)

GwardXL, Aug 17, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 17, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 17, 2019
  4. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update Broke All Input Devices - Similar Threads - Update Broke Input

2. Windows Update messed with input devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update messed with input devices: Hello, I updated my laptop yesterday, and today, I noticed that none of my audio input devices were functioning correctly. At first, I thought the problem was with my headset microphone, but even the preinstalled microphone array was not working. While troubleshooting, I...
  3. Windows Update messed with input devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update messed with input devices: Hello, I updated my laptop yesterday, and today, I noticed that none of my audio input devices were functioning correctly. At first, I thought the problem was with my headset microphone, but even the preinstalled microphone array was not working. While troubleshooting, I...
  4. Video Buffers then all input devices fail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Buffers then all input devices fail: 9/10/2023 – I upgraded my PC, in May 2023, to an Aspire TC-1760 which runs on Windows 11. When watching YouTube and other videos, after a short while, the video buffers the circle rotates in the centre of the screen and then all the input devices stop working, including the...
  5. Video Buffers then all input devices fail

Video Buffers then all input devices fail: 9/10/2023 – I upgraded my PC, in May 2023, to an Aspire TC-1760 which runs on Windows 11. When watching YouTube and other videos, after a short while, the video buffers the circle rotates in the centre of the screen and then all the input devices stop working, including the...
  6. Windows 10 Dec 14th Update broke my keyboard inputs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Dec 14th Update broke my keyboard inputs: Hello, I was shutting down my computer and accidentally hit “Update and Shut Down”, in my personal experience, the updates usually mess with something on my computer. Then a couple days after that my pc shut down randomly twice, at first I assumed that my power was had...
  7. Windows 10 Dec 14th Update broke my keyboard inputs

Windows 10 Dec 14th Update broke my keyboard inputs: Hello, I was shutting down my computer and accidentally hit “Update and Shut Down”, in my personal experience, the updates usually mess with something on my computer. Then a couple days after that my pc shut down randomly twice, at first I assumed that my power was had...
  8. Windows 10 Dec 14th Update broke my keyboard inputs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. All input devices keep cutting out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All input devices keep cutting out: Every single one of my input devices including the webcam microphone randomly cut out every second or so. However, this problem only occurs in games that have VOIP and voice chatting apps like discord, when I enable "Listen to this device" in the control panel and also the...
  10. Latest Windows 10 update broke all my older drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest Windows 10 update broke all my older drivers: Since the latest Windows 10 update all my older drivers have been forced to update and stopped working on my Laptop (Acer Aspire 5750G), specifically the touchpad functionality is completely gone. The older driver for the Elan touchpad has edge scroll (theres a little,...