Windows 10: Windows 10 update broke Lenovo Camera

Discus and support Windows 10 update broke Lenovo Camera in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've seen the other threads and nothing seems to fix the issue. Is this definitely an issue with Lenovo ideapad or did someone find a fix. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Qwerty1906, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Windows 10 update broke Lenovo Camera

I've seen the other threads and nothing seems to fix the issue. Is this definitely an issue with Lenovo ideapad or did someone find a fix.

The camera launches and immediately clothes now.

Windows 10 update broke Lenovo Camera 74a85e8e-4b4b-44de-a364-4ddb32c556d3?upload=true.jpg

:)

Qwerty1906, Sep 4, 2019
  2. ICIT2LOL Win User

Lenovo Y510P (Unsupported for Win 10) Camera Driver Needed

Hello and welcome ksuthayya have had a look for a driver for your machine but there are only drivers listed up to 8.1 not 10.
    Camera Driver for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) - IdeaPad Y410p, Y510p - Lenovo Support (US)

Another Google found that there was no camera driver support for 10. for a similar Lenovo Lenovo Y510P (Unsupported for Win 10) Camera Drive... - Lenovo Community

Having said that my old Toshiba was in the same position and yet when I installed 10 Windows updates found drivers for stuff not listed on the Toshiba site.

Now a suggestion would be to get a clip on camera and install it via USB or like wise because it would have it owns driver. If my memory serves me right they are not that expensive - but still annoying eh?.

ICIT2LOL, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Lenovo Easy Camera not working with Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

In most of the cases webcam might not work if it is not compatible with the generic driver or if supporting software is not installed.

I would suggest you to update the Camera drivers from the
    device manger.

• Press Windows + X key and select Device manager.
    • Select Imaging devices and select Lenovo Easy Camera.
    • Right click and select Update the driver.
    • Follow on screen steps and check.
    If it doesn't help then I would suggest you to check in the manufacturer's website for compatible Camera drivers and install it and also any supporting webcam software:

Lenovo Support:
    http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products?tabName=Downloads&linkTrack=Mast:SubNav:SupportWindows 10 update broke Lenovo Camera :product

If this doesn’t work then follow the same way and Uninstall the camera driver and restart the machine.

Windows 10 will automatically detect the Camera while you use it and installs the required drivers for it.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Windows 10 update broke Lenovo Camera

Lenovo Easy camera not working on Windows 10

Hi Athens,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply with the required information.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you recently made any changes on the device?
    3. What is the model number of the Lenovo laptop?
    4. Are you able to use the Camera using the camera app?
    5. Is there any error while trying to start the Camera?

The corrupted or outdated camera driver could lead to the Lenovo camera not working issue in Windows 10. However, I will guide you in the right direction to fix the issue.

Method 1: Turn Off Privacy Mode

1. Click on Start. Type in Lenovo in the search box.
    2. Click on Lenovo Settings.
    3. Click on Camera icon to open the settings for your Lenovo Camera.
    4. Scroll to the bottom of the settings page. Turn
      Privacy Mode On
      to off, if the Privacy Mode is on.
    5. Restart the computer and check the status of the issue.

Method 2: Check for Updates

Click on Start button, go to Settings >
    Update & Security > Windows Update, and select
    Check for Updates

Method 3: Verify if Camera is disabled on Device manager

1. Click on Start, type in Device manager.
    2. Look for ‘Imaging devices’, right click on it and select
      Enable option.
    3. Restart your computer and check the working of the camera.

You may also refer the article Windows can’t find or start the camera
    for more troubleshooting steps to fix the issue with the camera on Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update broke Lenovo Camera

1. Windows 10 update broke Lenovo Camera - Similar Threads - update broke Lenovo

2. Lenovo Camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo Camera: Hi, I've had my Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 260 for about 4 years now and I've recently encountered a problem with it. I enabled Camera privacy mode once and when I disabled it, my camera stopped working properly. When I'm in a google meet call or when I try to use it in any way, it...
  3. Windows update broke camera and bluetooth - how to fix?

Windows update broke camera and bluetooth - how to fix?: After the last Windows update, my PC cannot detect either the built-in webcam or any bluetooth functions. I have already reset the PC twice and would prefer not to have to do it again just to get basic functions working. The issue: camera cannot be detected, bluetooth...
  4. Lenovo Easy camera not working on Windows 10

Lenovo Easy camera not working on Windows 10: Camera App isnt working. Lots of errors[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-easy-camera-not-working-on-windows-10/8fa31f08-21e4-4990-bd10-72b1da2f503d
  5. Lenovo Easy camera not working on Windows 10

Lenovo Easy camera not working on Windows 10: When attempting to use the built in camera on a Lenovo laptop the camera does not work. Instead of seeing the image from the camera you see an image with a grey background and a white camera with a cross through it. The same image is seen with all applications....
  6. windows update broke my camera

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows update broke my camera: I can't use my usb camera anymore after mobo, cpu and windows update, I even reinstalled windows keeping apps and files, I edit registry and tried everything Please help me I really need to use my camera Btw I can see the camera in device manager but can't use it submitted...
  7. Lenovo Yoga Window's 10 camera

Lenovo Yoga Window's 10 camera: My Lenovo Yoga Window's 10 camera is just black - no picture to be taken. I've tried trouble shooting per device guides but no luck. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-yoga-windows-10-camera/6bfbd122-715e-4066-8e50-bcfc2a431efd
  8. lenovo camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lenovo camera: My Lenovo camera shows a black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-camera/5dade3f6-0840-4f11-bc54-7493c9543760
  9. Windows 10 Camera on Lenovo Laptop

Windows 10 Camera on Lenovo Laptop: Please help! I've been relying on zoom a lot recently and the camera on my laptop has been working fine was all good yesterday but today when I tried to use the camera a grey screen comes up with a crossed through camera icon in the middle, Zoom thinks my camera/video is on...
  10. 1803 Update Broke Camera and Photo App

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1803 Update Broke Camera and Photo App: Hi there, After the most recent patch for Windows (3/19/2019), the Microsoft Camera and Photo app is not working. I verified this on 6 different machines all running 1803. One machine that hasn't been updated yet, is unaffected and the app works just fine. For added...