Windows 10: Windows 10 update broke my audio

Discus and support Windows 10 update broke my audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I updated my computer to the latest windows 10 version (1903) it broke my audio. I cant connect my headphones to my pc and the only sound I get is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DolanDUck69, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Windows 10 update broke my audio

When I updated my computer to the latest windows 10 version (1903) it broke my audio. I cant connect my headphones to my pc and the only sound I get is the sound from my second monitor which is a TV. I have tried updating all my drivers, uninstalling them, disabling them, going back to a previous windows version, and nothing has worked. I even had 2 Microsoft technicians control my computer and they couldn't figure it out.

Anyone have any idea whats going on ? Windows 10 update broke my audio 3527eff4-5c16-4639-8680-31f1c72a0ec5?upload=true.png

:)

DolanDUck69, Jul 3, 2019
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Jayce Win User

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jul 3, 2019
  4. tiendat Win User

Windows 10 update broke my audio

I install complete. But I open speakers properties has stop woking *Frown Windows 10 update broke my audio :(.

tiendat, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update broke my audio

1. Windows 10 update broke my audio - Similar Threads - update broke audio

2. Window 10 update broke my pc!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 update broke my pc!: Before the update my pc working pretty normal but after Window 10 update today my pc broken now i cant connect to wifi my network adapter it just gone when i go into adapter option it said this folder is empty also my i cant turn on or off bluetooth and i cant do anything...
  3. Windows Broke My Audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Broke My Audio: Some one please help. I updated windows recently and this morning when I woke up for class windows no longer picks up my yeti mic and Bluetooth Corsair headset. I’ve tried almost everything but they just don’t seem to be getting picked up by my pc anymore pls help submitted...
  4. Latest Windows update broke audio driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest Windows update broke audio driver: Hi, The latest windows update on Windows 10 Pro 20H2 Version broke my audio driver. Troubleshot sows 'generic driver detected' issue. My laptop is XPS 9560....
  5. Audio broke after update

Audio broke after update: I updated a few days ago and after booting up a game the system crashed and showed me a blue screen. After looping back and forth between booting up the computer and going back to the blue screen it finally stopped after an attempt at repair. So Im at my desktop any...
  6. Update 1909 broke my audio and my search bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 1909 broke my audio and my search bar: Stop pushing out updates that break everything. Why, just why would you force an update on users that breaks something as key as audio? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-1909-broke-my-audio-and-my-search-bar/380602d7-1262-4954-b188-cabd1ad6cdc1
  7. Windows 10 updates broke my computer

Windows 10 updates broke my computer: I am both a user of Linux & Windows. I have Linux installed for mainly programming on my laptop. On my desktop which is, 16GB RAM with NVIDIA GTX 1050, I use my desktop for personal reasons, such filing taxes & reading emails. I have Kaspersky Security Cloud (paid) installed...
  8. Windows 10 Update broke my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update broke my computer: Only way to fix computer was to fix was to get the data retrieved, wipe the drive and reload windows. Restore points, uninstalling update were completely useless. How to I get microsoft to compensate me for the repairs?...
  9. Windows 10 update broke my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update broke my computer: When trying to update my laptop it now says "Undoing changes made to your pc" and keeps going around again and again and I cant get into any part of my computer anymore. How do i stop this??...
  10. updates broke my audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    updates broke my audio: How can have audio again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-broke-my-audio/44cc99cb-5a62-4e6e-9325-e34112a7990a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update broke sound hdmi

2. windows update broke 5.1

3. windows update broke my headphones