Windows 10: Windows 10 update broke my computer

Discus and support Windows 10 update broke my computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows installed an update that I kept prolonging and now my laptop is broken. First after tge update was installed, my laptop kept rebooting into a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CiCi1991, Apr 18, 2019.

1. CiCi1991 Win User

Windows 10 update broke my computer

Windows installed an update that I kept prolonging and now my laptop is broken. First after tge update was installed, my laptop kept rebooting into a configuring windows screen for about 2 hrs. I decided to reboot it because i have college work that needs to be done. It went back to the configuring windows message. I rebooted in windows safe mode. This time the same screen popped up bit went away and i was able to login and use it as normal. I shut it down to get out of safe mode. I was able to log on. The screen stayed on the welcome screen for 10 minutes then went to a black screen, but i can still see my mouse pointer. I always have a pronlpr with these crappy updates that's why i prolong installing them. This time my computer is officially broken.

:)

CiCi1991, Apr 18, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Update Broke Computer Need Help!

Windows 10 Upgrade
    According to this list, your PC isn't on Acer's approved list for Win 10. Could you check that?

This is an older PC which came with Win 7. Have you ever clean installed Win 10 on it?

• AMD Athlon II X2 255 Dual Core Processor
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • 2GB DDR3 RAM
    • 320GB HDD
    • DVD Rewriter
    • Integrated Graphics
    • PS.VB1E3.082

We can only proceed step by step.

So chkdsk and SFC /Scannow are ok. But any attempt to reset your PC or run DISM fails.

Is this what you tried? I'm not 100% clear what the above means. Clean install or this procedure?
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

If you tried this, it's possible it failed as you need (it seems) some 500Mb of unallocated space on your hard disk.

dalchina, Apr 18, 2019
  3. Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 18, 2019
  4. Windows 10 update broke my computer

Windows 10 update broke my computer?

One of the possible reasons why your PC fails to boot into normal mode are broken components on the boot configuration data of your system. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger Safe Mode through the Windows
    Recovery Environment (WinRE) option. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process
    • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
    • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the F4 key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

We also recommend that you perform a system restore after booting in safe mode. This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore
    point was made. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • On the upper-right window, under View by, click Category and select Large icons.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Melowin Mar, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update broke my computer

1. Windows 10 update broke my computer - Similar Threads - update broke computer

2. Windows update broke my computer!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update broke my computer!: Hi, I just updated Windows 10 and now I can't click on apps, the start menu or anything else. No error message. My desktop keep flashing off about every 5 seconds and stops my typing on here. How can I fix this or get rid of this update? Please help...
  3. Windows update broke my computer!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update broke my computer!: Hi, I just updated Windows 10 and now I can't click on apps, the start menu or anything else. No error message. My desktop keep flashing off about every 5 seconds and stops my typing on here. How can I fix this or get rid of this update? Please help...
  4. Windows update broke my computer!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 update broke my computer!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 update broke my computer!: Microsoft Windows pushed an update to version 2004 and forced me to reboot. I can no longer access my data drive E: with all my personal data files. I need to be put in touch with someone who can help fix what Microsoft broke! Microsoft no longer accepts phone calls....
  6. Windows 10 updates broke my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 updates broke my computer: I am both a user of Linux & Windows. I have Linux installed for mainly programming on my laptop. On my desktop which is, 16GB RAM with NVIDIA GTX 1050, I use my desktop for personal reasons, such filing taxes & reading emails. I have Kaspersky Security Cloud (paid) installed...
  7. Windows 10 Update broke my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update broke my computer: Only way to fix computer was to fix was to get the data retrieved, wipe the drive and reload windows. Restore points, uninstalling update were completely useless. How to I get microsoft to compensate me for the repairs?...
  8. Windows 10 update broke my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update broke my computer: When trying to update my laptop it now says "Undoing changes made to your pc" and keeps going around again and again and I cant get into any part of my computer anymore. How do i stop this??...
  9. Windows 10 update broke my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update broke my computer: I have Asus ROG desktop with Windows 10 on it. After the most recent update, my computer hasn't been normal. The icons on the desktop do not have names and only the mouse is active. I am able to open settings but cannot perform any tasks. I have tried to restore, reset, and...
  10. Windows 10 update broke my computer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 update broke my computer.: So, I'll go on record saying that Windows 10 is the absolute worst OS ever released by Microsoft. It just did a self-update and broke my computer. I can no longer log in. I get a black screen with a mouse curser. It's one step down from earlier, where I still got to the...