Windows 10: Windows 10 update broke my system!

Discus and support Windows 10 update broke my system! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi The latest round of updates broke my sound system - Windows sounds worked but nothing from VLC or any other media player! I managed to get this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TroopiePete, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 update broke my system!

Hi

The latest round of updates broke my sound system - Windows sounds worked but nothing from VLC or any other media player!

I managed to get this all working by both running other updates and updating drivers on my Laptop but now I have a different issue!

I run both a Bluetooth headset and Bluetooth mouse - in the past both worked flawlessly but since the update is listening to music the mouse becomes unresponsive and jumps all over the place - as I have said prior to the update they both worked fine.

:)

TroopiePete, Sep 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 12, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 update broke my system!

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update broke my system!

1. Windows 10 update broke my system! - Similar Threads - update broke system

2. Windows update broke my system.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update broke my system.: After a Windows 10 update, I can't see any icons on the desktop. In the Control Panel, each item is displayed as "There are no items to display," and the search bar only shows internet results. Additionally, Windows Explorer is functioning, but I can't open it. All of these...
  3. Windows update broke my system.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update broke my system.: After a Windows 10 update, I can't see any icons on the desktop. In the Control Panel, each item is displayed as "There are no items to display," and the search bar only shows internet results. Additionally, Windows Explorer is functioning, but I can't open it. All of these...
  4. Windows update broke my system.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Update broke system- help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update broke system- help: So I use Linux on my main pc, but my dad's laptop decided to update and then brake the whole thing. I can send some pics of it. It just loops over and over on the update setup screen. I don't know the specs cause it isn't mine but I know that it has an i3 3110m, four gigs of...
  6. Windows Update 20H2 Broke my System

Windows Update 20H2 Broke my System: I recently updated my system to 20H2 (Fresh Install going through updates) and once it applied the update, I only get a BSOD upon startup. I decided to do another fresh reinstall of Windows and its the same thing when it updates. . Any way to fix this issue? The error code is...
  7. Windows recent update broke my whole system

Windows recent update broke my whole system: I updated to the newest 2004 version of windows and when it restarted there was just a black screen. I tried to do a system restore and had no luck, now my system is stuck on a infinite boot loop and won't even access the system restore, the only thing I can access is the...
  8. Windows 10 updates broke my computer

Windows 10 updates broke my computer: I am both a user of Linux & Windows. I have Linux installed for mainly programming on my laptop. On my desktop which is, 16GB RAM with NVIDIA GTX 1050, I use my desktop for personal reasons, such filing taxes & reading emails. I have Kaspersky Security Cloud (paid) installed...
  9. Windows 10 Update broke my computer

Windows 10 Update broke my computer: Only way to fix computer was to fix was to get the data retrieved, wipe the drive and reload windows. Restore points, uninstalling update were completely useless. How to I get microsoft to compensate me for the repairs?...
  10. Windows 10 update broke my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update broke my computer: When trying to update my laptop it now says "Undoing changes made to your pc" and keeps going around again and again and I cant get into any part of my computer anymore. How do i stop this??...