Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Broke Videos and Sound

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Broke Videos and Sound in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just installed the Windows 10 Version 20H2 feature update, along with two associated quality updates, a driver update "Intel net 22.10.07", and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JulesGriffin, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Update Broke Videos and Sound

I just installed the Windows 10 Version 20H2 feature update, along with two associated quality updates, a driver update "Intel net 22.10.07", and a security definition update. And now videos and sound don't work.

I'm not seeing any audio or video drivers available to be updated in SupportAssist or Settings-- how do I fix this????? What might have caused this? Should I try to delete something I downloaded, and if so, how?

:)

JulesGriffin, Mar 12, 2021

2. Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 12, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 broke 5.1 surround sound / Using internal sound card

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the
    playing Audio troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.
    Method 2.Try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

c. Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Mar 12, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Update Broke Videos and Sound

Windows 10 Sound Problem

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1

Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2

I suggest you to try updating the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the sound driver:

• Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers’.
    • Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Method 3: Uninstall and reinstall the Sound driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound drivers:

• Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    • Right-click on the Audio devices listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and sound drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Update Broke Videos and Sound

1. Windows 10 Update Broke Videos and Sound - Similar Threads - Update Broke Videos

2. Updating amd graphics drivers broke sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating amd graphics drivers broke sound: Hello. I am currently having issues with sound on my huawei laptop, its a matebook d 15 with windows 11. I downloaded the most recent graphics drivers from amd's website and installed it. My sound then stopped working it had an x on the icon and it said there were no output...
  3. Updating amd graphics drivers broke sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating amd graphics drivers broke sound: Hello. I am currently having issues with sound on my huawei laptop, its a matebook d 15 with windows 11. I downloaded the most recent graphics drivers from amd's website and installed it. My sound then stopped working it had an x on the icon and it said there were no output...
  4. Recent update broke sound in headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recent update broke sound in headphones: Hello, I updated win10 about an hour ago, but since the update, i am getting no sound from headphones at all, I am on asus rog 503vm, I tried to reinstall realtek drivers, when that did not work, i tried drivers form ASUS web page, for this model, didt work either, everything...
  5. Latest update broke my sound?

Latest update broke my sound?: Ever since the 2/14/2020 update my laptop (Huawei Matebook D) doesn't have sound. I've tried nearly everything I can to fix it to no avail. The Realtek HD Audio Driver simply doesn't even show up in Device Manager so I can't do anything with that. DriverEasy says my Realtek...
  6. Sound broke after most recent update

Sound broke after most recent update: I saw the lil update thing in the bottom right corner. I updated my pc, and everything was normal, except the audio had a red x instead of being muted or on. Clicking it opened the troubleshooter, which was worthless. I tried updating my drivers, it says they are up to date....
  7. Windows Update Broke My Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update Broke My Sound: Windows did an update about a month ago. Ever since then, every time I boot up a game, the sound on my LCD TV that I have always used as a monitor, stops working. I can switch to my headphones in "select playback device" and the sound still works there. But in order to get...
  8. No sound or video on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound or video on Windows 10: In the last 3 weeks my Sony computer has lost sound and the ability to play videos.This problem seems to have occurred after the latest update.I've tried most of the recognised solutions to no avail....
  9. Windows 10 update on October 10 2018 broke my sound card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update on October 10 2018 broke my sound card: Hello, the October 10 2018 update broke my Realtek sound driver. I know this is the case because I performed a system restore to right before the update and the driver worked. Once I reinstalled the update it broke again. The volume icon shows a red X and the...
  10. Windows 10 Creator’s Update – No Video, No Sound

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Creator’s Update – No Video, No Sound: I am using an Intel DZ68DB motherboard with an i7-2600K CPU. I had been using Windows 10 Version 1511 with my system running stable and with no issues. Microsoft just ‘sent’ me the Creator’s Update, which is Windows 10 Version 1703. Now, my computer will no longer play...