Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Broke WiFi

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Broke WiFi in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Microsoft broke my laptop. Sometime in the past month or two, in one of the several updates to Win10, my WiFi got flaky. I'm running Win10 from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JustinDinsmore, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Update Broke WiFi

Microsoft broke my laptop. Sometime in the past month or two, in one of the several updates to Win10, my WiFi got flaky. I'm running Win10 from Bootcamp on a MacBook Pro.

What happens is in one room I can connect to WiFi getting "connected, secured." But as I get closer to my router and eventually in the room with the router, I lose internet and get "no internet, secured."

I replaced the router. Same thing. I installed NetSpot to measure signal and confirmed the signal is greatest in the room with the router.

I booted on OSX and internet is perfect. This means the problem is entirely within Win10.

I have NEVER updated Bootcamp or the BIOS, so NOTHING has changed there. The only thing that has changed is whatever Microsoft installed with Win10.

But as you probably know, the default statement from Microsoft is "We don't support Bootcamp." and "You need to go to Apple." I already know that Microsoft writes the drivers for Bootcamp, and besides, the drivers they updated are within the Windows partition and have nothing to do with the BIOS, Bootcamp or OSX. Windows 10 Update Broke WiFi 95ac612b-6a60-4e09-9f58-33cbf529caab?upload=true.png

I also saw another post on a similar topic so used Apple Software Update to update the Broadcom driver. That didn't fix it.

What do I do to fix this? Can I revert to an older driver? How would I know where to get an older driver and which older version?

I am lost. Bottom line is, Microsoft broke my computer and I don't know how to fix it.

Thanks for any advice.

:)

JustinDinsmore, Feb 13, 2020
  2. radiozz Win User

windows 10 update broke my internet

I installed 2019-06 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64 (KB4502584) and it broke my internet. Sometimes i cant connect to my wifi and when i can i have no internet. I tested it with different wifi, different drivers and reset them and is the Update.
    How can i fix it, i can pause it but not forever. It keep installing when i search for updates so any suggestion is welcomed. Thanks

radiozz, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Cvrk Win User

Windows 10 Update Broke WiFi

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Windows 10 Update Broke WiFi [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows 10 Preview On Nokia Lumia 920 - Windows Central Forums
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Thema:

Windows 10 Update Broke WiFi

1. Windows 10 Update Broke WiFi - Similar Threads - Update Broke WiFi

2. Update broke Wifi and USB device connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update broke Wifi and USB device connection: My laptop recently had a windows 10 update which did not go so well due to firewall blocking the update. Since the update my start menu is not opening, wifi and ethernet are not showing up and no USB connections are getting detected.The...
  3. windows 10 network reset broke wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 network reset broke wifi: so for the past 1 month my internet would always show "no internet, secured", and after a few minutes it would connect, but today i decided to try the network reset and it broke the wifi adapter, in the wifi menu, it only shows airplane mode, troubleshooter couldn't identify...
  4. Latest update broke my Wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update broke my Wifi: Have tried a dozen and one different troubleshooting methods floating around and it will not connect to my network. It's just the disconnected globe symbol in the tray, cannot toggle Wifi on, doing it manually within the network settings doesn't do anything, messing with...
  5. 2004 Update broke wifi

2004 Update broke wifi: After the 2004 update my Wifi has square boxes in the icon. The 2G network connects and is secured but no network THe 5G connects fine but it is slow as it is further away. I have updated the adapter which is intel ac 9560 to the latest driver. No go, then uninstalled and...
  6. Windows Update KB4551762 broke my WiFi

Windows Update KB4551762 broke my WiFi: New to this cause I almost never have problems until now. Recent Windows update KB4551762 has broken my WiFi. I cant connect to my Uverse or even to Open WiFi. I have tried every tip I could find online. I have of course unplugged the router and disconnected cables. I...
  7. Windows 10 update 1909 broke WiFi Intel AC 3168

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update 1909 broke WiFi Intel AC 3168: Intel NUC6CAYH with integrated Intel Wireless AC 3168 card. After Windows update to version 1909, WiFi connection became impossible, because there's no WiFi adapter anymore. Still there are other adapters in Device Manager, including Bluetooth, all in normal working state....
  8. Windows 10 Update Broke WiFi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Update Broke WiFi: Microsoft broke my laptop. Sometime in the past month or two, in one of the several updates to Win10, my WiFi got flaky. I'm running Win10 from Bootcamp on a MacBook Pro. What happens is in one room I can connect to WiFi getting "connected, secured." But as I get closer...
  9. A windows 10 update broke my pc’s WiFi

A windows 10 update broke my pc’s WiFi: Sooo recently windows update apparently forcibly updated my PC (Desktop) while i was at college. An update that broke my PC’s WiFi. I tried to re enable the wifi, but even though the Slider says Wifi capability is on, the WiFi won’t work still due to “The WiFi is still off” i...
  10. Windows 10 automatic update "broke" wifi?

Windows 10 automatic update "broke" wifi?: On the day Windows 10 was officially launched my Precision M3800 was "upgraded" from 8.1 and I've had no significant problems... until a few minutes ago. I suddenly lost internet connection and the troubleshooter couldn't help, so I shut down via the button in Start8 (I...