Windows 10: Windows 10 update bug disables right-click in File Explorer

Discus and support Windows 10 update bug disables right-click in File Explorer in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 version 1909 (November 2019 Update) is gradually rolling out and several users have already installed the update. November 2019 Update is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Nov 27, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 update bug disables right-click in File Explorer

Windows 10 version 1909 (November 2019 Update) is gradually rolling out and several users have already installed the update. November 2019 Update is a small update and it promises better performance but this doesn’t necessarily mean that everything is going smoothly.

As we reported last week, a bug in Windows 10 November 2019 Update freezes the File Explorer and eventually crashes it. File Explorer’s search bar becomes unresponsive when users search for files, documents or pictures.

While it’s not clear what causes File Explorer issues, it appears to be a bad implementation of Microsoft’s new unified search experience.

Windows 10 November 2019 Update introduces another annoying bug where users cannot right-click in the search pane. CTRL + V still works but the Explorer hangs for a few seconds before the user is able to input text.

Windows 10 update bug disables right-click in File Explorer Windows-10-File-Explorer.jpg

As per another thread created on October 22, the issue was first reported by testers before the company shipped the November 2019 Update to consumers.

“I have the exact same problem: When I right-click on the explorer search box I get nothing, No paste no copy. All I get when I click is the history of my past search words that I cannot even delete,” a user said.

Right-click support in File Explorer’s search box is an essential feature and users are apparently pissed. Unfortunately, there’s no workaround for this bug but you can use Windows Search to look for files as an alternative.

The post Windows 10 update bug disables right-click in File Explorer appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 27, 2019
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Windows 10 update bug disables right-click in File Explorer

Windows 10 file explorer has too much bugs

Hi Hyunsoo,

Normally, the issue you're experiencing right now with Windows 10 File Explorer can be caused by a recent change made or a recently installed update that may trigger a conflict.

To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting any specific error messages?
    • Aside from regular scanning for bugs, what other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We look forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update bug disables right-click in File Explorer

1. Windows 10 update bug disables right-click in File Explorer - Similar Threads - update bug disables

2. Won't Update and right click closes File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Won't Update and right click closes File Explorer.: I am setting up a new computer. It is a Dell Inspirion 5500. It is an Intel I5 with 12 Gigs of memory. I have set it up with the windows file on the computer and also with downloaded the ISO online. I get the same results. I have run the troubleshooter, I have tried...
  3. Won't Update and right click closes File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Won't Update and right click closes File Explorer.: I am setting up a new computer. It is a Dell Inspirion 5500. It is an Intel I5 with 12 Gigs of memory. I have set it up with the windows file on the computer and also with downloaded the ISO online. I get the same results. I have run the troubleshooter, I have tried...
  4. right click not working in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click not working in file explorer: hello,I am encountering with an issue in file explorer windows 10. I wanted to print some documents and when i right clicked in the folder. It just hanged, like when the cursor shows a blue round moving animation only. That happened and the file explorer froze. I cant even...
  5. right click not working in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right click not working in file explorer: hello,I am encountering with an issue in file explorer windows 10. I wanted to print some documents and when i right clicked in the folder. It just hanged, like when the cursor shows a blue round moving animation only. That happened and the file explorer froze. I cant even...
  6. Right click on the folder in File Explorer

Right click on the folder in File Explorer: Right click on any folder on right screen or large icon or horizontal lists is fine.But every time I right click on any folder on the left screen or small icon or vertical lists , the file explorer crashes and closes.This problem occurred last a or two week ago.Any idea?...
  7. Right click on the folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click on the folder in File Explorer: Right click on any folder on right screen or large icon or horizontal lists is fine.But every time I right click on any folder on the left screen or small icon or vertical lists , the file explorer crashes and closes.This problem occurred last a or two week ago.Any idea?...
  8. Right click on the folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Right click hangs for File Explorer

Right click hangs for File Explorer: I have an issue that just started, and I could use some help. I want to format a hard drive, but when I ues File Explorer and right click on it to do this, I just get " not responding" Can anyone help me to fix this please? Thank you...
  10. File Explorer - Right click and crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Right click and crashing: Hello Please see my You Tube Demo video - when I right click on a file within File Explorer on Windows 10 it crashes; here is a video demo of the crash - as you can see the Bar down the bottom is disappearing Please can anyone suggest a fix. demo - YouTube 82170