Windows 10: Windows 10 update bugs causing lockup on bootup

Discus and support Windows 10 update bugs causing lockup on bootup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Looking for a solution which isnt "start again". Been trying to get cumultive update to install on my laptop, its extra frustrating as this isnt top... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chrysalis, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Chrysalis Win User

Windows 10 update bugs causing lockup on bootup

Looking for a solution which isnt "start again".

Been trying to get cumultive update to install on my laptop, its extra frustrating as this isnt top end hardware so its long waiting periods.

It takes about 20 minutes for the update to reach 100% and I can do the reboot.
    As its booting backup from 35%-100%. Around 95% it fails and starts rolling back the update, this process takes about another 20 minutes.
    The first 2 times I did get back into windows to try again, but now it wont boot, it normally boots in abut 2-3 seconds but now it spins for about 10 seconds before the spinning circle freezes up completely.

Where do I go from here?

This is on a clean install, it was installed yesterday. However I have spent time getting things configured etc. so dont want to be wiping and starting again.

1809 LTSC

:)

Chrysalis, Feb 14, 2021
  2. 7.62 Win User

Windows updates causing lockup

Hi guys.

No, I cant even get the update screen. I cant find a answer on the internet.

Start -> all programs --> windows update --> check for updates.

10 seconds later, complete system lock up requiring a hard reboot. If I try to install a printer that needs to check windows update, same thing.

I even tried the windows update troubleshooter Windows Update: FAQ

Then that program 'checks for solutions online', and then hard lock again. VERY frustrating. What would be causing this?

3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Feb 14, 2021
  4. 7.62 Win User

Likely causes for Hard Lockups?

Hi everyone.

I am getting a random but frequent hard lockup, which of course is needing me to press the reset switch and start again.

I cannot see a pattern, although It happen EVERYTIME I try to use windows update.
    So, seeing that I can use windows update, I dont know what could be outdated/problematic

Windows 7 x64 with updates as of about 1 month ago.

V3D 6970 with 11.3 ATI drivers and CCC

GA-P67A-UD3-B3 - Which uses Realtek ALC889 (6.0.1.6235 drivers)

*This sound chip is rarely in use as I mainly use G35 headset.*

OCZ 750W PSU

What are likely causes of these horrible lockups?

Thema:

1. Windows 10 update bugs causing lockup on bootup - Similar Threads - update bugs causing

2. Update Caused Bugs In My Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update Caused Bugs In My Laptop: I have a Lenovo ideapad 3.17 with Windows 10, version 2004, OS build 19041.1110 installed.Yesterday, Microsoft 'helped' me by automatically installing an update. Now, my laptop is very buggy. Before the update, it was working great with no problems at all.Not being a...
  3. Windows lockups

Windows lockups: Hello, i decided to upgrade the case and nemory on my system and ran into issues. Before the change everything was fine. I swapped the case, added 16m more identical ran for 32g total. First boot i got an error, did sys repair and didn't work. Followed with safe mide and was...
  4. Windows 10 update bugs causing lockup on bootup

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update bugs causing lockup on bootup: Looking for a solution which isnt "start again". Been trying to get cumultive update to install on my laptop, its extra frustrating as this isnt top end hardware so its long waiting periods. It takes about 20 minutes for the update to reach 100% and I can do the reboot. As...
  5. Windows 10 system lockup

Windows 10 system lockup: Ever since the latest major updates to version 2004 my PC has been locking up randomly, sometimes even when I have been in the middle of keying into an application. I have done all I can to ensure that there is paging space on the main disk drive. I run AVG Tuneup whenever...
  6. windows 10 bootup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 bootup: Help -- last night my system did an update and after the update i type in my password in the user -- and it does not recognized the user. that is the only user account i have, I do have another back up hard drive ( image from 0ne yer ago) that I can boot up with and log in....
  7. Bug check lockup computer then restarted

Bug check lockup computer then restarted: Hey everyone, Was playing the new assassins creed today when my computer locked up no blue screen then just restarted, looking through the windows event logs i found the following The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007f (0x0000000000000008,...
  8. Computer lockup and reset due to bug check, need help..

Computer lockup and reset due to bug check, need help..: Hey everyone, Was playing the new assassins creed today when my computer locked up no blue screen then just restarted, looking through the windows event logs i found the following The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007f (0x0000000000000008,...
  9. Connecting second monitor causes lockup.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting second monitor causes lockup.: Howdy folks, Scenario: I have an old TV right next to my monitor (which is a new smart TV) so I can be entertained while I work at home. Recently, I decided to cut the cord and ditch cable. In its place, I wanted to connect the old TV to my computer and use it to watch...
  10. Lockup - but Not lockup!?

in Windows 10 Support
    Lockup - but Not lockup!?: Having a very strange problem since the last update ... Every so often, but quite randomly my screen completely locks up - Now ... if I turn my TV screen on and off the lockup (90% of the time) fixes itself and I Can carry on doing what I was doing before it happened. So...