Windows 10: Windows 10 Update - Cannot Connect to Internet

Discus and support Windows 10 Update - Cannot Connect to Internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computer updated last night with KB 4559309. Now it will connect to the router, but will not connect to the internet. The taskbar indicator shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NateLowe, Jul 15, 2020.

1. NateLowe Win User

Windows 10 Update - Cannot Connect to Internet

My computer updated last night with KB 4559309.

Now it will connect to the router, but will not connect to the internet. The taskbar indicator shows the world with 'x'. I have 3 other computers, both wireless and LAN connected, that all work fine.

I have tried:

Reset modem and router.

Internet stack reset netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset ipconfig /release ipconfig /flushdns -> then restart

Uninstall adapter -> restart

I have verified the computer can still ping outside servers and resolve DNS through the command line and nslookup all works fine.

This is the third time this has happened on this computer, after a Windows update, and I believe it was the same update that caused the issue in January 2020. I had to reinstall windows to get the internet to work again. The last time, the internet stack reset did the trick. But this time, nothing is working. The computer is only 2 years old.

:)

NateLowe, Jul 15, 2020

2. Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

A couple of days ago I upgraded my desktop to windows 10 after getting one of those MS prompts. However now I cannot access the internet and suspect the drivers from the Gigabyte GA-MA790X-ud4 motherboard does not support the internet drivers required. Searching the manufacturers website has not given me any joy either. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

iwanttobeabookie, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Ivo Mori Win User
    Windows 10 update cannot connect (behind a firewall)

Why cannot Windows 10 Update connect to its update servers even though there is a working internet connectivity?

Windows 10 Update - Cannot Connect to Internet J2NUu.png

About my setup

• running Windows 10 on a PC behind a dedicated firewall (pfsense 2.2.5)
    • there is internet connectivity, port 80 / 443 works fine for anything else
    • connecting the Windows 10 PC directly to my IPS's modem allows to update Windows 10 => suggests that the firewall is causing the problem

Already checked

Still, Windows 10 (version 1511) cannot update itself when I run it behind my firewall.

Any other suggestions/ideas?

Ivo Mori, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Update - Cannot Connect to Internet

HTC 7 Mozart mobile not connecting to internet

Hello,

If you cannot connect to Wi-Fi or use the Mobile Data on your HTC 7 Mozart device, we suggest that you follow the steps given on
    Lumia troubleshooting and repair. After each step, check to see if your issue has been fixed.

• For issues connecting to Wi-Fi networks, select Connectivity > My phone has problems connecting to Wi-Fi networks, then follow the suggested steps provided.

• And for issues connecting to the internet using a mobile data connection, select
      Connectivity > I cannot connect to the internet using a mobile data connection. Make sure to select the next options given if the problem persists.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

81a3255d-566c-4bba-9244-0173490ea2c5, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Update - Cannot Connect to Internet

1. Windows 10 Update - Cannot Connect to Internet - Similar Threads - Update Cannot Connect

2. Window 10 Update KB5006670 – Cannot connect to internet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 Update KB5006670 – Cannot connect to internet: Hello All,Just after installing Window 10 Update KB5006670 on Oct 16, I was not able to access the Internet. I have performed the steps below to solve the issue:- Uninstalled two window updates installed on Oct-16- Performed a system restore by selecting a date before the...
  3. Window 10 Update KB5006670 – Cannot connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 Update KB5006670 – Cannot connect to internet: Hello All,Just after installing Window 10 Update KB5006670 on Oct 16, I was not able to access the Internet. I have performed the steps below to solve the issue:- Uninstalled two window updates installed on Oct-16- Performed a system restore by selecting a date before the...
  4. Window 10 Update KB5006670 – Cannot connect to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. cannot connect to internet in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot connect to internet in Windows 10: Dear All,Am hoping somebody can help with this rather irritating query. I currently have a Dell laptop, which is connected to the internet, using Wi-Fi. It has worked for many years. However, now it only works if I connect it to the router with an Ethernet cable. The cable is...
  6. cannot connect to internet in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot connect to internet in Windows 10: Dear All,Am hoping somebody can help with this rather irritating query. I currently have a Dell laptop, which is connected to the internet, using Wi-Fi. It has worked for many years. However, now it only works if I connect it to the router with an Ethernet cable. The cable is...
  7. cannot connect to internet in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Cannot connect to internet after recent windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot connect to internet after recent windows 10 update: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rwkr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ld0i3x/cannot_connect_to_internet_after_recent_windows/
  9. after updating to windows 10 i cannot connect to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    after updating to windows 10 i cannot connect to internet: the system ask me to restart for updating. then after updating i cannot connect with websites. it shows internet access but i cannot able to access the internet. it shows me your connection is interrupted....
  10. Windows 10 Cannot Connect To The Internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Cannot Connect To The Internet.: Windows simply will not connect to the internet. Neither wifi nor ethernet is working for internet access. To make it more confusing I am fully connected to my lan. I can ping and ssh to my server and all containers, the router can be pinged and hit through the browser. All...