Windows 10: Windows 10 update cause my games not to work

Discus and support Windows 10 update cause my games not to work in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just updated my windows 10 pc today and now I can't play games I played recently. Like assassins creed unity, which crash after the loading screen. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SahanSenanayake, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 update cause my games not to work

I just updated my windows 10 pc today and now I can't play games I played recently. Like assassins creed unity, which crash after the loading screen. I know it is a buggy game but I was able to play it without any issues until I update windows 10 today. Please help me.

:)

SahanSenanayake, Oct 10, 2020
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Games not working under Windows 10

Hi Tom,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

The issue might cause due to compatibility issues of the game with Windows 10. So, I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the setup file of the game and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 10, 2020
  4. DRDNA Win User

Windows 10 update cause my games not to work

Windows 10 Creators Update Available for Download

Not sure about the games you listed but no probs with Dirt Rally and benching heavensward-bench here for me. I'm going to test 3DMark too in a few minutes.

DRDNA, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update cause my games not to work

1. Windows 10 update cause my games not to work - Similar Threads - update cause games

2. Update causing horrible gaming performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update causing horrible gaming performance?: Went through and updated my MSI laptop 12900H and 3080ti. I was not updating from Windows 10 to 11. Just simply checked for updates to the current system and did so. Ever since I've updated, my games run like TRASH. MW2 running at 130fps before, now getting 40-50fps and my...
  3. Help...Windows Update causes my network printer to not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help...Windows Update causes my network printer to not work: hi:I need to find a solution to thisSince two or three weeks ago, when we updated our W10, my network printer, it's a HP P1006 laser jet, that is attached to a computer and shared, no longer prints when anyone issues a print job.So what I have been doing is deleting my Win...
  4. Windows security update causing games and apps to crash Windows 10

Windows security update causing games and apps to crash Windows 10: Hello people,So i updated windows some months ago. Immediately after this update my games wouldn't open. The apps/launchers Battle.net, Steam, Uplay work fine but any game i try to open won't work. To work my way around this, I uninstalled the update and everything was...
  5. Windows 10 updates cause my HDMI output to stop working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 updates cause my HDMI output to stop working.: Since around December 2020, every time I allow Windows to update, my HDMI stops working.When I roll back to the previous version, it works again.I have installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturers of my laptop components. I've even installed the Lenovo BIOS update...
  6. Windows update caused my speakers not to work, though my headphones do work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows update caused my speakers not to work, though my headphones do work.: I installed the major updates a few days ago and my speakers stopped working. My stereo headphones do still work, however. Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio is selected as it should be. Also, I've since deleted the updates as they caused my computer to crash multiple...
  7. Windows update ? caused decreased framerate in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update ? caused decreased framerate in games: So in early august I had to restart my laptop because it didn't feel like fully waking up from hybrid sleep. I turn it on and am met for a black screen for around 5 or so minutes before I decide to restart it again. Then I figure out that windows is updating so I let it do...
  8. Windows 10 update caused my scanner to stop working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update caused my scanner to stop working: Bought a new Dell laptop 6/2018 - with Windows 10 home/office installed. Connected it to my Epson XP960 printer/scanner and all worked fine. Microsoft just installed Windows 10 update (1803, plus a patch to it) and now the message says "scanner not connected to computer" or...
  9. Windows Update 1809 cause a few of my games to crash to desktop

Windows Update 1809 cause a few of my games to crash to desktop: My Steam Game Skyrim, as well as a few of my, uplay from Ubisoft Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, For Honor and Watchdog failed to launch after I install the Windows 1809 Update. Unfortunately, I deleted my Windows.old via Disk Cleaner to save space thinking I would not have...
  10. Recent Windows Update caused my computer to not work right.

Recent Windows Update caused my computer to not work right.: I just did a windows update yesterday and afterwards my entire system is locking up and most of it is not working. My system was windows 10 home 64 before doing windows update yesterday, but now seems to be looking and acting like windows 7. I can not use the windows start...