Windows 10: Windows 10 update caused audio interface issues

Discus and support Windows 10 update caused audio interface issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 update last night i can no longer playback audio through my audio interface. It doesn;t show the interface as a choice for output. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JeffPauletti1, May 11, 2021.

1. Windows 10 update caused audio interface issues

Windows 10 update last night i can no longer playback audio through my audio interface. It doesn;t show the interface as a choice for output. The interface does show as an input so it does see it. Interface is Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. The drivers are current.

:)

JeffPauletti1, May 11, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Multichannel audio interface in/out routing

Hi Paulo,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• What is the make and model of your external audio interface?
    • Which routing application are you using?

The configurations of inputs and outputs on any audio interface is dependent on the hardware and its supporting software. Any audio interface with more than 2 inputs and 2 outputs, should ideally give the user an option to map the
    Input and Output Config, according to his interest.

I suggest you to go through the user manual provided by your audio interface's manufacturer to know how to set up the control surface.

If it doesn't explain how to configure, I suggest you to get in touch with the audio interface's manufacturer to know how to configure the same.

Hope it answers.

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 11, 2021
  3. Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

I think today's windows update(stable channel) solves d issue

Cumulative Update KB4020102 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.332

• Addressed issue where, after installing the Creators Update, audio output through external decoders no longer works.

Sai Sreekantt M, May 11, 2021
  4. Windows 10 update caused audio interface issues

Windows 10 audio issue

Hi,

Audio issues might have caused by an outdated audio driver. For us to troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this article:

Fix sound problems
    . You can try different troubleshooting methods by clicking the drop down box, below the title, and choose one from the list.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, May 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 update caused audio interface issues

1. Windows 10 update caused audio interface issues - Similar Threads - update caused audio

2. Audio interface issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio interface issues: Hey how’s it going ,So I’m running an acer all in one With windows 8.1 I connect my art pro 2channel audio interface Installed the drivers all good and everything Opened my daw And. Noticed it wasn’t picking up any sound from my condenser mic neither was my mixer Now just...
  3. Audio interface issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio interface issues: Hey how’s it going ,So I’m running an acer all in one With windows 8.1 I connect my art pro 2channel audio interface Installed the drivers all good and everything Opened my daw And. Noticed it wasn’t picking up any sound from my condenser mic neither was my mixer Now just...
  4. Audio issues with interface Behringer Umc202hd/0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio issues with interface Behringer Umc202hd/0: Hi Everyone,Recently I purchased a behringer umc202hd. It is connected by a USB cable into my laptop which powers the device, and sends the audio from my laptop.I also have my Xbox plugged into the device. There are two Yahama HS5 speakers and a subwoofer connected to the...
  5. i8042prt.sys causing distortion for Focusrite audio interface playback

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i8042prt.sys causing distortion for Focusrite audio interface playback: I'm using an HP Envy Laptop. I recently upgraded to windows 10 version 2004. When I was in version 1903, I disabled my internet, blue-tooth, NVIDIA graphics card, and ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery drivers to help with the distortion. I found that i8042prt.sys was also...
  6. Presonus Studio 26C audio interface compatibility issue on Windows 10

Presonus Studio 26C audio interface compatibility issue on Windows 10: Good day, I'm using a Presonus 26C Audio Interface and Presonus Studio One as my Digital Audio Workstation DAW. When I try to run the audio interface using the Windows Audio drivers, it runs fine. However, when I try to run the audio interface using the native drivers...
  7. Windows Update causes audio and video issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update causes audio and video issues: Since January Windows Update 2020-1, every time I run and install updates, I lose audio and video on my desktop. If I run system restore from a restore point just before the updates, all functions return to normal. I have ran the troubleshooter, and it finds nothing wrong....
  8. Audio issue possibly caused by Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio issue possibly caused by Windows 10 Update: Hi everyone, apologies if this isn't the right place to ask. I've had an issue with my Windows 10 recording pc as of this morning when I applied some windows 10 updates, updated some drivers and ran CCleaner. When using my recording software (Cubase 9) with my Focusrite...
  9. Updating to 1909 causing audio clipping issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updating to 1909 causing audio clipping issues: Every audio played is hard clipping at -6dB and I have no clue how to fix it. I uninstalled Realtek Driver and reinstalled it again, downloaded driver from Realtek website etc... I turned off all audio enhancements settings. This happened to me last year when I updated to...
  10. Windows audio/ interface issue

Windows audio/ interface issue: I use my pc as a DAW Studio. I have a Universal Audio Apollo Twin USB audio interface. It works very well with all things audio on my pc - until Friday. I installed Sonarworks room calibration software to finish flattening my room acoustics out. This explanation is lengthy...