Windows 10: Windows 10 update caused black unresponsive screen when switching users

Discus and support Windows 10 update caused black unresponsive screen when switching users in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since the Windows 10 update on 2-6-2020 by desktop monitor goes to an unresponsive black screen when I try to switch users. I have to hard shut down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VeniseL, Feb 13, 2020.

1. VeniseL Win User

Windows 10 update caused black unresponsive screen when switching users

Since the Windows 10 update on 2-6-2020 by desktop monitor goes to an unresponsive black screen when I try to switch users. I have to hard shut down my computer to restart. I found I can work around the problem by signing off as a user before switching users but this is not acceptable. Microsoft has acknowledged the problem but has yet to fix the bug. Does anyone have any solutions to solve this problem?

:)

VeniseL, Feb 13, 2020
  2. AWR1203 Win User

Cannot switch user, causes black screen

I upgraded my Dell XPS desktop computer (27" touch-screen monitor) from Windows 8.1 to 10. Although all of my drivers seem to be properly updated, I cannot switch between users on my computer. When I try to switch from my user profile to one of my family's
    user profiles, the screen goes black. I have to completely shut down and reboot the computer to use it again.

I discovered that I can unplug the HDMI cable, wait a few seconds, and then plug it back in when the screen goes black. This allows me to switch user profiles without a reboot. However, this is obviously not the way things are supposed to be done.

Help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Windows 10 Upgrade / HDMI Port and Driver Problems- Original Title

AWR1203, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Black screen when I switch users on Windows 10

Hello,

Black screen issues can be related to display drivers, updates, or a connection issue. For us to resolve this, can you let us know if this issue happens before or after you sign in to Windows 10? As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you refer
    to this support article on
    how to troubleshoot black screen issues
    . You can choose which option applies to your concern and follow the troubleshooting steps as suggested.

Let us know if there is anything else. We'll be glad to help.

Jennifer Bri, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Windows 10 update caused black unresponsive screen when switching users

Can't switch between users on Windows 10 gets black screen upon switching users

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To isolate this issue, I suggest you to create another user account and try to switch between your current user account and the new use account and check if you are facing the same issue.

You can refer to the link below for more information on how to create new user account:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8
    Note: Applies to Windows 10.

If you are still getting the black screen error while switching between users, Kindly try the steps given in the following link and check if it helps:

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update caused black unresponsive screen when switching users

1. Windows 10 update caused black unresponsive screen when switching users - Similar Threads - update caused black

2. Switching users causes domain joined PC freeze to black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching users causes domain joined PC freeze to black screen: Hi, I have HP 450 G6 and I had this problem both on Windows 10 and Windows 11.I deleted 10 and installed 11 as fresh new installation but this problem still persists.I have domain joined laptop, sometimes I need to login to other users profile so when I lock my user and try...
  3. Switching users causes domain joined PC freeze to black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching users causes domain joined PC freeze to black screen: Hi, I have HP 450 G6 and I had this problem both on Windows 10 and Windows 11.I deleted 10 and installed 11 as fresh new installation but this problem still persists.I have domain joined laptop, sometimes I need to login to other users profile so when I lock my user and try...
  4. Upgrading to Windows 11 during installation causes an unresponsive black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Windows 11 during installation causes an unresponsive black screen: Yesterday I've tried upgrading my Windows 10 Pro installation to Windows 11. My PC did meet all the requirements to upgrade my specs are listed here and I do have TPM 2.0 and secure boot enabled. The update assistant downloaded the upgrade without any problems. After...
  5. Upgrading to Windows 11 during installation causes an unresponsive black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading to Windows 11 during installation causes an unresponsive black screen: Yesterday I've tried upgrading my Windows 10 Pro installation to Windows 11. My PC did meet all the requirements to upgrade my specs are listed here and I do have TPM 2.0 and secure boot enabled. The update assistant downloaded the upgrade without any problems. After...
  6. black screen with cursor after switching user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    black screen with cursor after switching user: When I try to switch to my signed in user account, I get a black screen with a cursor. I am unable to bring up task manager and have to hard reset. This has been happening since the last update. Windows 10 Pro...
  7. updating windows 10 causes black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updating windows 10 causes black screen: When I try to update Windows 10 my PC never starts up and I get a black screen, if I move my mouse I can see the pointer and a loading symbol next to it. If I go into Safe Mode I can remove the last update and it fixes it. I have manually updated all my drivers and that still...
  8. Black frozen screen when switching users - Windows 10

Black frozen screen when switching users - Windows 10: I recently starting getting a "frozen" black screen when changing users - Windows 10. I have to do a hard shut down to restart the computer. I've checked both the display adapter and monitor drivers in device manager which did not need updating as suggested on other posts....
  9. Temporary black screen while switching users

Temporary black screen while switching users: Hello. New windows10 Lenovo. When switching users get a black screen that can last upto 20seconds. I don't know if this is just a slow computer i3 with ssd or its a windows feature. Is the screen that comes up *while switching users* configurable - to something other than...
  10. Update to Windows 10 that causes black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update to Windows 10 that causes black screen: The issue with the update to Windows 10 that causes the screen on my Evoo Laptop, has it been fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-to-windows-10-that-causes-black-screen/3258f535-1f59-4f36-97f6-b60f15ae0290