Windows 10: Windows 10 update caused everything on my screen to be zoomed out?

Discus and support Windows 10 update caused everything on my screen to be zoomed out? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After updating my Windows 10 software on the 22nd, all icons, the taskbar, google chrome tabs, etc. became zoomed out. I changed the resolution from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Felix Borer, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Windows 10 update caused everything on my screen to be zoomed out?

After updating my Windows 10 software on the 22nd, all icons, the taskbar, google chrome tabs, etc. became zoomed out. I changed the resolution from the recommended 1920x1800 to 1600x900. This fixed the sizing, but now everything looks more blurry because of the poorer resolution. I tried to work around this using the magnifier, but this did not work. I also tried looking at my display drivers - everything is fully updated, yet I cannot roll any back. I could do more manual driver updates, but I am not sure which ones correspond to my display.

Are there any potential fixes? It seems very strange that a Windows 10 update would forcibly alter my screen like this.

Thanks!

:)

Felix Borer, Sep 24, 2020
  2. 1Kurgan1 Win User

TPU Capture Auto Zoom

Not sure where else to post this since it isn't listed in the TPU Software section. But when I hit print screen it instantly zooms in. If I try to take a fullscreen shot it only takes the zoomed in window. Any ideas here?

1Kurgan1, Sep 24, 2020
  3. windows media player 11 library zoom issues

thanks but unfortunately that just changes the view between list, icon and detailed icon not the actual zoom levels of the screen *Frown Windows 10 update caused everything on my screen to be zoomed out? :(

jasper1605, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Windows 10 update caused everything on my screen to be zoomed out?

Screen zooms in and out on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand how frustrating it could be for you, when the monitor screen zoom in and out after upgrading to
    Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• When exactly this happens?
    • Do the screen zoom in and out automatically?
    • What did you do to resolve this issue earlier?

I suggest you to run the Windows Defender on your computer and check.

Method 1: Run Windows Defender.

I suggest you to run Windows Defender on your computer and check if it helps. Follow the instruction provided in the Microsoft link.

Protect your PC

Protect your PC

If the issue still persist, boot your computer in safe mode environment and check if the issue is resolved.

Method 2:

Step 1: Safe Mode with Networking

I suggest you to Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking and check if it helps.

Safe Mode is a troubleshooting option for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started.

Follow the instruction provided below.

• Press the ‘Windows + I’ key on the keyboard.
    • Click on Update and Security.
    • Click on Recovery option.
    • Under Advanced Startup, click
      Restart now
    • Click on Troubleshoot,
      Advanced options, Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart, select Safe Mode with Networking
      and then press Enter.

Note: Restart the computer to start in normal mode.

If the issue is doesn’t occur in Safe mode with networking then place the computer in a
    Clean Boot and check.

Step 2: Clean boot

A Clean boot is troubleshooting option for Windows in which all the third party services are disabled and checked, if this services are causing the problem.

Follow the Microsoft help article to perform clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with Clean Boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after
    fixing the issue.

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update caused everything on my screen to be zoomed out?

1. Windows 10 update caused everything on my screen to be zoomed out? - Similar Threads - update caused everything

2. Latest windows 10 update caused to delete everything on my desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest windows 10 update caused to delete everything on my desktop: Good evening,Last night, my computer got an update and when it finished, I realized that all I had on my desktop was gone. Firefox was not pinned on my taskbar like before. When I opened Firefox, all my bookmarks 100' of them were gone!For some reason, Teams opened during the...
  3. Latest windows 10 update caused to delete everything on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest windows 10 update caused to delete everything on my desktop: Good evening,Last night, my computer got an update and when it finished, I realized that all I had on my desktop was gone. Firefox was not pinned on my taskbar like before. When I opened Firefox, all my bookmarks 100' of them were gone!For some reason, Teams opened during the...
  4. Latest windows 10 update caused to delete everything on my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. screen touch zoom in out issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen touch zoom in out issue.: good day all, i have microsoft surface pro 4 and i have issue with screen touch. which i am not able to zoom an image or drawing while am drawing and issue that i looked up to online doesnt solve my problem and the problem is not with my cursor or mouse or touchpad. the issue...
  6. Windows 10 update wiped out everything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 update wiped out everything: How do i get all of my documents and photos and files back after windows 10 updated deleted everything. Hundreds of dollars in photo programs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-wiped-out-everything/5c622ab8-ab72-4a39-892a-16e8f8f20ed7
  7. how do i zoom out my screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i zoom out my screen: the bezels on my monitor are too big which in turn makes look like the screen is zoomed in,how can i make the screen smaller so that it fits my monitor,and no,resolution changes wont fix it...
  8. my computer screen is zoomed out

my computer screen is zoomed out: my computer screen is zoomed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-screen-is-zoomed-out/4f172984-be86-4f45-90af-ab4c897077bd
  9. my entire screen is zoomed out

my entire screen is zoomed out: my entire screen is zoomed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-entire-screen-is-zoomed-out/0581fdac-64b6-4d06-9ff9-6903d7e67d11
  10. Zooming in and out on Windows 10

Zooming in and out on Windows 10: I am having a problem with the screen zooming out and zooming in constantly. How did this happen and how do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zooming-in-and-out-on-windows-10/24117ab1-befc-4c33-8730-cde4f7262ce5