Windows 10: Windows 10 update caused file explorer to open repeatedly over and over

Discus and support Windows 10 update caused file explorer to open repeatedly over and over in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I can not work more than two mins without my file explorer opening up several times ( up to 8 or 9 at once). I close them and they all come right back.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BHill_1979, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Windows 10 update caused file explorer to open repeatedly over and over

I can not work more than two mins without my file explorer opening up several times ( up to 8 or 9 at once). I close them and they all come right back. I have ran multiple system checks as well as health checks and file scans. Can not find any problems. I only know this came after a mandatory update that said windows would not operate correctly. Ever since then, I have this issue and I have called support and they want me to pay to have a diagnostics ran. I have ran a diagnostics already people !

:)

BHill_1979, Sep 4, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 4, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Windows 10 update caused file explorer to open repeatedly over and over

File Explorer not opening via pinned Taskbar icon on Windows 10

Hi Leon,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I apologies for delay in reply. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to unpin the File explorer from the task bar and re-pin the File Explorer and check If issue is resolved. If issue persist, I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information helps. Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update caused file explorer to open repeatedly over and over

1. Windows 10 update caused file explorer to open repeatedly over and over - Similar Threads - update caused file

2. Windows 10 Hovering over files in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Hovering over files in Explorer: Hey Windows 10 community. I'm looking for the ability to provide more information when you hover over a file in windows explorer. As mines currently configured default, the only thing I see as the file type the dimensions and the size. Does anyone know how to change this?I...
  3. Windows 10 Hovering over files in Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Hovering over files in Explorer: Hey Windows 10 community. I'm looking for the ability to provide more information when you hover over a file in windows explorer. As mines currently configured default, the only thing I see as the file type the dimensions and the size. Does anyone know how to change this?I...
  4. Solved: Microsoft Defender Antivirus repeatedly updates over and over and over, repeatedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solved: Microsoft Defender Antivirus repeatedly updates over and over and over, repeatedly: Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 1.375.1243.0 repeatedly downloads and installs. It goes to 100% again and again and again and again and again. It never stops.The Windows Update Troubleshooter has been trying to analyse the problem for a while. Meanwhile, Windows...
  5. Solved: Microsoft Defender Antivirus repeatedly updates over and over and over, repeatedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Solved: Microsoft Defender Antivirus repeatedly updates over and over and over, repeatedly: Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 1.375.1243.0 repeatedly downloads and installs. It goes to 100% again and again and again and again and again. It never stops.The Windows Update Troubleshooter has been trying to analyse the problem for a while. Meanwhile, Windows...
  6. Solved: Microsoft Defender Antivirus repeatedly updates over and over and over, repeatedly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Microsoft Defender Antivirus repeatedly updates over and over and over, repeatedly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus repeatedly updates over and over and over, repeatedly: Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 1.375.1243.0 repeatedly downloads and installs. It goes to 100% again and again and again and again and again. It never stops.The Windows Update Troubleshooter has been trying to analyse the problem for a while. Meanwhile, Windows...
  8. Repeated over and over and over and over again warnings & errors in Windows 10 Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Repeated over and over and over and over again warnings & errors in Windows 10 Event Viewer: Does anyone have a recommendation on how to correct the following warning and errors from occurring over and over again? This is completely filling up the event log history. The Warnings all occur in the following sequence then the Error occurs, the repeats again and again....
  9. windows 10 - explorer restart over and over and over :-(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 - explorer restart over and over and over :-(: Hello, I installed Windows 10 recently, and the file manager in case the explorer has a problem, I open it and click on some areas with documents and images it opens and reads normally, but when I go to downloads or quick access the explorer is read and takes a long time and...
  10. Windows Explorer crashing over and over

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer crashing over and over: So, an error I've had for a few days. It happens no matter what even if no processes are running. The Explorer app crashes and the task bar goes away and returns a few seconds later. My system tray is empty and this usually causes some graphical annoyances when it happens as...