Windows 10: Windows 10 Update caused user profiles to disappear.

Discus and support Windows 10 Update caused user profiles to disappear. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After allowing Windows 10 to update, my original user profiles are gone and I cannot sign in to them. A temporary user profile was created in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Katakuriii, May 13, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Update caused user profiles to disappear.

After allowing Windows 10 to update, my original user profiles are gone and I cannot sign in to them. A temporary user profile was created in the process. I found the files for my original profiles but now need to find out how to safely transfer them into a new user profile with admin access to bring things back to how they were before I let the update run. Not expecting any assistance but I just want to let Microsoft know that another user is having this issue, and it is beyond infuriating.

:)

Katakuriii, May 13, 2021

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, May 13, 2021
  3. Work User Profile disappeared after Windows 10 update

I use a MS Surface. After a Windows 10 update, my user account profile disappeared. The windows login screen shows user accounts for: defaultuser1 and other user. Neither of those were there before update. I do not have an option to login nor bypass the
    listed accounts.

Please advise how to restore my user profile to login screen.

Celeste Edwards, May 13, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Update caused user profiles to disappear.

(WINDOWS 10)"The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while logging-in with the guest user account on Windows 10.

This issue might be due to the User profile Services, please follow the below and check.

I suggest you to Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Update caused user profiles to disappear.

1. Windows 10 Update caused user profiles to disappear. - Similar Threads - Update caused user

2. Windows 10 user profiles disappears after reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 user profiles disappears after reboot: Hi.Today we have had several reports of users that their Windows 10 profile was deleted and temporary profile created when they logged onto their device. On closer inspection their recycling bin items have remained, but everything else has disappeared! Including desktop files...
  3. Windows 10 user profiles disappears after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 user profiles disappears after reboot: Hi.Today we have had several reports of users that their Windows 10 profile was deleted and temporary profile created when they logged onto their device. On closer inspection their recycling bin items have remained, but everything else has disappeared! Including desktop files...
  4. Windows 10 user profiles disappears after reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Work User Profile disappeared after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Work User Profile disappeared after Windows 10 update: I use a MS Surface. After a Windows 10 update, my user account profile disappeared. The windows login screen shows user accounts for: defaultuser1 and other user. Neither of those were there before update. I do not have an option to login nor bypass the listed accounts....
  6. Windows 10 user profile folder in C:\users disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 user profile folder in C:\users disappeared: Hi, I tried to sign in to my local admin account and Windows loaded a temporary user instead of my user. I then tried to locate my user folder in C:\users but it's not showing there even with the hidden files view enabled. I can see in the registry my profile path and...
  7. Reintegration program for the update error that causes user.000 profiles

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reintegration program for the update error that causes user.000 profiles: So I've had a problem with the most recent update, July 2019, and have found that, though not terribly common, updates sometimes bug out and dont reintegrate the temp profile, often marked with .000, with the main profile. Is it possible to rip that section out of the...
  8. Windows 10 Update Deleted User Profiles

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Update Deleted User Profiles: I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 on 7-7-2019 and I was required to do the update with a full erase of my files and settings. Luckily i backed up all of my files ahead of time with the notification that the update would be doing this. The problem arose when I...
  9. Added User, original user / profile & settings disappeared

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Added User, original user / profile & settings disappeared: Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 some months ago. Original profile did not require password to log in, and was not associated with a Google email or Microsoft account that I know of. I added a user a couple of days ago (added a personal account of mine with my own...
  10. User profile picture disappeared after rollback

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User profile picture disappeared after rollback: Hello! So I updated to Creators Update, but I had some annoying bugs with it, so I rolled back to Anniversary Update. Right after I did that, my profile pic (and my dad's) were gone (look at screenshots). How can I fix this? It's bugging me real bad. [img] [img]...