Windows 10: Windows 10 update causes black screen in Microsoft Remote Desktop

Discus and support Windows 10 update causes black screen in Microsoft Remote Desktop in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 May 2019 Update has a new issue with a small number of devices, specifically old monitors with outdated graphics drivers. We have spotted a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 8, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 update causes black screen in Microsoft Remote Desktop

Windows 10 May 2019 Update has a new issue with a small number of devices, specifically old monitors with outdated graphics drivers. We have spotted a number of posts on Microsoft’s own community forum and Feedback Hub made by users who have documented a black screen issue with Microsoft Remote Desktop.

In Microsoft’s answers forum thread, users have claimed that Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) causes a black screen in the Remote Desktop Protocol windows. The bug is hitting old Windows 10 machines with outdated graphics and it causes RDP to render a black screen.

“Same problem here. Old machine with Intel G41 graphics. Remote access with RDP shows black screen, either from LAN or VPN, but mouse and keyboard are ok (I can reboot using the appropriate key sequence),” a user explained the problem.

“In my case all Intel G41 drivers currently available, from Intel (2009), and from Microsoft (2013), showed black screen with RDP, even though they are Ok with the monitor connected to the PC,” another user noted.

Windows 10 update causes black screen in Microsoft Remote Desktop RDP-Feedback-Hub-post.jpg

Microsoft says it is a known issue

In a forum post, Microsoft’s Remote Desktop Protocol and WVD Program Manager Denis Gundarev revealed that it is a known issue with some of the old display drivers in Windows 10 version 1903.

“Display drivers report some of their capabilities upon load. In previous Windows versions this reported data wasn’t used or verified. Because of that, some of the old versions of the legacy display driver may report invalid data and it would be ignored. Starting with Windows 10 1903 RDP uses this data to initialize the session,” Denis Gundarev noted in his post.

Microsoft’s program manager says the company is working on a fix that will dynamically switch to the software renderer if the problematic driver is detected. Microsoft recommends affected users to update the display driver or disable the problematic driver with Device Manager.

Windows 10 update causes black screen in Microsoft Remote Desktop Microsoft-RDP-issue.jpg

In another post dated July 4, 2019, Denis Gundarev revealed that a fix hasn’t been published yet, and he recommends the temporary workaround of updating or disabling the affected display driver.

The post Windows 10 update causes black screen in Microsoft Remote Desktop appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 8, 2019
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Remote Desktop limit to 2 screens?

Is it possible to limit Remote Desktop in Windows 10 to only use 2 out of 3 screens connected to a pc?

Remote Desktop is to a Windows 2012 Server.

puma99dk|, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jul 8, 2019
  4. Windows 10 update causes black screen in Microsoft Remote Desktop

KB4497935 CAUSING INFINITE BLACK SCREEN WITH SPINNING CIRCLE

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

Please answer these questions to get additional information for clarity:

1. Are you getting a black screen before signing in to Windows 10?
    2. Are you getting a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10?
    3. Are you getting a black screen with spinning dots after restarting the device?

Some of the common scenarios that can cause a black or blank screen to occur are connection problems with your display, display adapter driver update issues, or issues with recent updates or installations.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to check if that works.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14106/windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-or-blank-screen-errors

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update causes black screen in Microsoft Remote Desktop

1. Windows 10 update causes black screen in Microsoft Remote Desktop - Similar Threads - update causes black

2. Microsoft Store Update causes Windows 10 Black Screen

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Update causes Windows 10 Black Screen: Hello,I am using Windows 10 for a very long time on my system but today, an Update came for Windows Store and I installed it. After installing the update, I tried to open the Store but it does not open. So I decided to restart my system. After doing so, I just see a black...
  3. Black screen on Remote Desktop and Remote Software VNC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Black screen on Remote Desktop and Remote Software VNC: HelloWe use RealVNC to remote in to our machine at the office it works the same as team viewer etc, but when we went to login today the screen was black. I can remote into another machine that is at the office so it isnt the internet and if I use RDP on that machine I still...
  4. updating windows 10 causes black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updating windows 10 causes black screen: When I try to update Windows 10 my PC never starts up and I get a black screen, if I move my mouse I can see the pointer and a loading symbol next to it. If I go into Safe Mode I can remove the last update and it fixes it. I have manually updated all my drivers and that still...
  5. Update to Windows 10 that causes black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update to Windows 10 that causes black screen: The issue with the update to Windows 10 that causes the screen on my Evoo Laptop, has it been fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-to-windows-10-that-causes-black-screen/3258f535-1f59-4f36-97f6-b60f15ae0290
  6. Fix Windows 10 Remote Desktop Black Screen issues

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Windows 10 Remote Desktop Black Screen issues: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]According to some reports, using RDP or Remote Desktop Protocol on recent versions of Windows 10 results in a black screen. One encounters this issue is when using the Remote Desktop Connection feature on Windows 10. The real causes of [...] This post Fix...
  7. Microsoft details black screen bug hitting Windows 10’s Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft details black screen bug hitting Windows 10’s Remote Desktop: Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) is currently gradually rolling out to compatible hardware. As the rollout advances, new bugs are getting acknowledged by Microsoft. A new issue that Microsoft is currently investigating causes a black screen in Windows 10 Remote...
  8. Remote Desktop black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remote Desktop black screen: After installing update 1903 on second computer I get a black screen when remote desktop connects. Tried rolling back video driver which took me back to a Microsoft basic driver from 2006 but only offers 1024x768 for best setting. This causes programs to be so large you can...
  9. Windows 10 1903 (May update) black screen with Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 1903 (May update) black screen with Remote Desktop: I upgraded my secondary machine from 1809 to 1903. When I access it now using Remote Desktop all I get is a black screen in the RDP windows. I then upgraded my primary machine to 1903 hoping that would help, but no. Fortunately I also have GoToAssist installed so I was able...
  10. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop serves Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - Remote Desktop serves Black Screen: Hi Windows 10, I am having an issue with Windows 10 - every day. But last 3-6 months, remote desktop connections fail with a black screen on my network! Now I have started to feel true hate towards this OS, as this error, now seems to settle as a forever error that will...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1909 mstsc black

2. causes of remote cradhes windows

3. common causes of black screen windows 10

4. microsoft remote conecction intel g41,
  5. win g41 driver remote desktop,
  6. July 4 2019 Denis Gundarev,
  7. intel g41 black rdp