Windows 10: Windows 10 update causes computer to not restart properly

Discus and support Windows 10 update causes computer to not restart properly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I get a windows update and auto restart. When computer gets to 30% it shuts down. When restarts the screen shows restart with black screen and the dot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by John#818, Jun 18, 2020.

1. John#818 Win User

Windows 10 update causes computer to not restart properly

I get a windows update and auto restart. When computer gets to 30% it shuts down. When restarts the screen shows restart with black screen and the dot wheel rotates forever. It never restarts. " There was a problem with windows restart". I press the power button to turn off the computer and repeat pressing the power button to get to automatic repair.

This needs to be repeated multiple time until I get to advanced Options, finally I need to do a RESTORE to a previous restore date.

WHY CAN'T windows complete it's update BEFORE shutting down? This happens every time.

:)

John#818, Jun 18, 2020

2. Update KB3150513, causing random restarts

HI,

There are different possible reasons as to why you computer is restarting randomly. An update not installed properly could be one of the causes. For us to resolved you concern, kindly answer the question below;

• Were there any error messages before you computer restarts?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

You can also refer to this article:
    Windows Update Troubleshooter
    . Just choose the version for your system and follow the steps.

Update us on the results once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Haksery Win User
    Windows 10 update being enabled.

Anyway , You are luckier than me. My computer was locked directly after updated to Windows 10 . but the solution is easy.

Haksery, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update causes computer to not restart properly - Similar Threads - update causes computer

2. Restarting Computer causes problems. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restarting Computer causes problems. Windows 10: This has started a couple of days ago out of the blue, I hooked my computer up to the charger a couple of nights ago and shut down the computer. When I turned it on the next morning it had reset some or all of my settings to default, Wallpapers, accent color, deleted my...
  3. Restarting Computer causes problems. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restarting Computer causes problems. Windows 10: This has started a couple of days ago out of the blue, I hooked my computer up to the charger a couple of nights ago and shut down the computer. When I turned it on the next morning it had reset some or all of my settings to default, Wallpapers, accent color, deleted my...
  4. Restarting Computer causes problems. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Firmware Update Causing Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firmware Update Causing Restart: Hello everyone. I work for a school district with a large number of Lenovo 14W laptops available for student use. Recently, we have had many of these laptops that throw up the following message after logging into the laptop: "You're about to be signed out. The system will...
  6. Firmware Update Causing Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firmware Update Causing Restart: Hello everyone. I work for a school district with a large number of Lenovo 14W laptops available for student use. Recently, we have had many of these laptops that throw up the following message after logging into the laptop: "You're about to be signed out. The system will...
  7. Firmware Update Causing Restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Update causing Windows to restart fresh each restart

Update causing Windows to restart fresh each restart: MS performed 2 updates for Windows 10 concerning .Net and Adobe last night and since then all changes in apps and office are not saved, and the PC reverts back to the status right after the update. This update is found under Other Updates. How can I get out this situation?...
  9. Windows Update causes computer to restart while downloading windows update 20H2

Windows Update causes computer to restart while downloading windows update 20H2: [ATTACH] Once I click start downloading in this screen, the update continues to set 20H2 update as getting ready only to restart my computer without downloading and return to this screen with no updates completed. Any fix to this?...
  10. Laptop is not restarting Properly Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop is not restarting Properly Windows 10: Hello, I am facing a very idiotic issue because whenever I restart my Laptop it screens turn off and then the laptop remains on and the screen never turns on again. My Bluetooth is also stuck It is not turning on I tried removing the drivers but it is useless since I can't...