Windows 10: Windows 10 update causes frequent freezes

Discus and support Windows 10 update causes frequent freezes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am currently running Windows 10 Home version the latest update of version 20H2. I have been experiencing some problems where my pc would suddenly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Christian__C, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Windows 10 update causes frequent freezes

I am currently running Windows 10 Home version the latest update of version 20H2. I have been experiencing some problems where my pc would suddenly freeze, most of the running programs would become unresponsive. I am still able to navigate on my pc, such as pressing the start button from the taskbar, but cannot open any kind of application at all, and all running applications stops responding. This kind of issue happens randomly at any given time and and stays like that until it forces me to restart my computer. I noticed the problem was gone after reverting back to the previous version but Wi

:)

Christian__C, Jul 20, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 20, 2021
  3. wt_lesny Win User
    Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Jul 20, 2021
  4. David Haz Win User

Windows 10 update causes frequent freezes

Windows keeps freezing up

Hi Brian,

If your computer is freezing, it could due to the operating system being outdated, or that some applications in your system is causing it to freeze, etc. For us to isolate the issue about Windows 10 freezing, kindly respond to the questions below:

• When does Windows 10 hangs/freezes? Is it after logging in to Windows? Or is it when you are using an application?
    • Are there any third-party applications installed on your computer?
    • Did you upgrade to Windows 10 from a previous version of Windows? If yes, which version of Windows was previously installed on your computer?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you check if there are updates that are waiting to be installed on your computer. If there are, kindly install them and restart your computer. After restarting, check if Windows 10 still freezes. Here's how
    to check for updates in Windows 10:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the
      Settings
      app.
    • From Settings, select Update & security >
      Windows Update
      , then select Check for updates.

We look forward to an update from you.

David Haz, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 update causes frequent freezes

1. Windows 10 update causes frequent freezes - Similar Threads - update causes frequent

2. Windows updates causing freezes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates causing freezes?: Hello, this is not the first time I have run into this issue with my computer. Basically, my applications will freeze, or stutter for 5 or so seconds, this causes the game to crash sometimes and any audio to cut off. In the past I never knew what caused it and could only...
  3. Windows updates causing freezes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates causing freezes?: Hello, this is not the first time I have run into this issue with my computer. Basically, my applications will freeze, or stutter for 5 or so seconds, this causes the game to crash sometimes and any audio to cut off. In the past I never knew what caused it and could only...
  4. Trying to diagnose the cause of frequent windows freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to diagnose the cause of frequent windows freeze: For the last couple of days, my windows 10 computer has begun freezing up the screen doesn't go blue or black, it just freezes. After startup, my computer works for a while... then at some random point it just freezes up, and I cannot even invoke the task manager.I have been...
  5. Trying to diagnose the cause of frequent windows freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to diagnose the cause of frequent windows freeze: For the last couple of days, my windows 10 computer has begun freezing up the screen doesn't go blue or black, it just freezes. After startup, my computer works for a while... then at some random point it just freezes up, and I cannot even invoke the task manager.I have been...
  6. Trying to diagnose the cause of frequent windows freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10 freezing frequently after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 freezing frequently after update: I updated my laptop a week ago, and ever since it's been freezing often, after I updated it freezed once, and then the following day it freezed again, and today it froze 2 times in 4 hours. Is it the disk? I've been getting 100% disk usage so that's currently what I think the...
  8. Windows freezes frequently

Windows freezes frequently: I have an 8 year old pc. I got it upgraded from windows 7 ultimate to windows 10 pro an year ago. From few days a problem is happening like when I open a tab of a chrome or run a medium application the application doesn't respond and if i try to open the taskbar the whole...
  9. Windows 10 frequent freeze and bsod

Windows 10 frequent freeze and bsod: Hi! I've been having issues with my laptop lenovo ideapad320, whenever i just randomly browse through my drive D and E, it freeze and will show a broken bsod screen and restart itself for quite a long time. It occasionally stop freezing and works fine but most of times it...
  10. Windows 10 Freezes Frequently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Freezes Frequently: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Home Build 10240 and the last few weeks have been experiencing a lot of freezing. I haven't installed anything that would account for this. I ran Driver Verifier and selected two Realtek drivers. This sent the computer into a boot loop which I...