Windows 10: Windows 10 update causes printer problems

Discus and support Windows 10 update causes printer problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I downloaded and installed the Windows 10 updates noted in the below screen capture on two separate computers and now both are having problems printing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GaryWheeler-999, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Windows 10 update causes printer problems

I downloaded and installed the Windows 10 updates noted in the below screen capture on two separate computers and now both are having problems printing from MS Word and MS PowerPoint and MS Excel on both computers.

Windows 10 update causes printer problems de034923-88fb-48ba-a346-850225906765?upload=true.png

I have tried remove and reinstalling the printer. I've checked for updates to the printer driver and neither works.

The printer is an HP that is only a couple months old and was working fine before the updates. I am able to print test pages from both computers and I am able to print with no problem from Outlook Web access email and from MS Edge.

I am also unable to print to the Microsoft print to PDF application in the same programs.

any suggestions?

:)

GaryWheeler-999, Oct 6, 2019

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    printer preferences causing protection fault windows 10

Hi,

Outdated printer drivers can cause issues when using printers. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before this happened?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you follow the steps carefully in this

article
    to fix printer problems. The article provides step-by-step instructions for running the automatic printer troubleshooter, updating your printer driver, and resetting the spooler service.

We look forward to your response and the result of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Windows 10 update causes printer problems

Windows 10 causing printer issues

Hi Coreym,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

• Which printer are you using?
    • What is the error message you receive when you try to print?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

Fix printer problems: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update causes printer problems

1. Windows 10 update causes printer problems - Similar Threads - update causes printer

2. Problem installing Windows 10 update for a printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem installing Windows 10 update for a printer: While installing following update, HP - Printer - 31.1.2001.9295; it failed to install with following message 0x800f020b. Additional message is Problem with BITS service : The requested service has already been started. System.Management.Automation.RemoteException More help...
  3. Problem installing Windows 10 update for a printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem installing Windows 10 update for a printer: While installing following update, HP - Printer - 31.1.2001.9295; it failed to install with following message 0x800f020b. Additional message is Problem with BITS service : The requested service has already been started. System.Management.Automation.RemoteException More help...
  4. Windows 10 Update Causing BSOD - *NOT* printer related

Windows 10 Update Causing BSOD - *NOT* printer related: I have had my PC on auto update since I built it in June 2020. I have never had any problems with it auto updating and I know there are security updates daily. There's an update that requires my PC to restart, and when it does restart, it makes it to 100% then the frowny face...
  5. Windows 10 Updates caused problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Updates caused problems: My File Explorer is crashed since doing windows updates earlier this month. What is the fix please? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updates-caused-problems/fea90128-0201-4081-8c27-f2484e5f753a
  6. windows 10 update/printer problem

windows 10 update/printer problem: since my HP desktop updated Windows 10 about 10days ago it is not finding my Printer Brother MFC6890 CDW , I have seen somewhere that this is something to do with the update. any ideas please....
  7. Printer problems with Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer problems with Windows 10 updates: So Microsoft wanted to do some updates on my hp laptop Windows 10, and I let it. These were KB4561600, KB4497165 and KB4560960. Since then it refuses to send anything to my Brother printer, it flashes into the print queue and then disappears. The printer is connected,...
  8. last windows 10 update causing problems

last windows 10 update causing problems: Ever since the last update to correct the vulnerability problem. Edge is not working properly and window update is stuck trying to update but never connects to receive further updates. Nothing. This is causing the computer to be unreasonably slow. Edge wont connect to default...
  9. Latest Windows 10 update causing problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Latest Windows 10 update causing problems: Windows did an automatic update to my laptops last week. Since then, every time I close my laptop and it goes to sleep, the screen will not come back on. I have to restart my laptop to get the screen to come on. Other than the inconvenience, I am concerned that turning off...
  10. Windows 10 Updates Causing Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Updates Causing Problems: I just updated Windows 10 today. It wasn't the usual update, this one took a while. Anyways, for some reason, I have noticed I seem to have problems with my laptop after it updates. This time around, I get a black screen when I put my laptop on sleep and try to log back in....