Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Causing Audio Problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Causing Audio Problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed the latest windows update on the 16 of March 2021, this cause audio crackling on all sound devices: Bluetooth, Speakers, 3.5mm jack,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ProGmistro, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Update Causing Audio Problem

I installed the latest windows update on the 16 of March 2021, this cause audio crackling on all sound devices: Bluetooth, Speakers, 3.5mm jack, Corsair Virtuoso headset. So far all issues point to a system issue or update in KB5001567, not sure which but I solved it by reverting the update. All drivers are update date, I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, but nothing stuck nor could I get to stop crackling except reverting.

My question is what is in KB5001567 that's causing this issue and how to avoid it in the future?

Thanks

:)

ProGmistro, Mar 17, 2021
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Mar 17, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows update & Audio Problem in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forum!

What problems are you facing with windows update in windows 10 home?

Specify the problem you are facing in audio drivers?

In the Windows 10 you have no choice to change the automatic update settings. Because the change settings option is disabled.

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter
    Method 2.

Try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

c. Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Reply with necessary information and I’ll be happy to help you further

Thanks.

Pavan_N, Mar 17, 2021
  4. Jayce Win User

Windows 10 Update Causing Audio Problem

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Update Causing Audio Problem

1. Windows 10 Update Causing Audio Problem - Similar Threads - Update Causing Audio

2. Audio enhancements causing problem.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio enhancements causing problem.: After a windows 10 update, my laptop suddenly lost sound. I searched online for fix and found out that Audio Enhancements cause the problem. When I turned it off, my laptop had sound again. But both sound and the record sound were way smaller and worse than it used to be. I...
  3. Latest Windows Update causing Audio problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows Update causing Audio problems: Hi, I just recently updated my Windows software and began having audio issues. For me this manifests as my Bluetooth headset repeatedly flickering between connected, voice, then audio. The connection is active, the device just isn't usable. I am looking at other users...
  4. Windows 10 Updates caused problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Updates caused problems: My File Explorer is crashed since doing windows updates earlier this month. What is the fix please? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updates-caused-problems/fea90128-0201-4081-8c27-f2484e5f753a
  5. Reinstall of Windows 10 causing stuttering problems with audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reinstall of Windows 10 causing stuttering problems with audio: Ever since I reinstalled Windows 10 after my computer being extremely slow for some reason, every few minutes I suddenly get a half a second freeze of the audio and it causes it to stutter, but then goes back to normal. It is really bugging me when I am in a call, playing...
  6. last windows 10 update causing problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    last windows 10 update causing problems: Ever since the last update to correct the vulnerability problem. Edge is not working properly and window update is stuck trying to update but never connects to receive further updates. Nothing. This is causing the computer to be unreasonably slow. Edge wont connect to default...
  7. Windows 10 update causes printer problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update causes printer problems: I downloaded and installed the Windows 10 updates noted in the below screen capture on two separate computers and now both are having problems printing from MS Word and MS PowerPoint and MS Excel on both computers. [ATTACH] I have tried remove and reinstalling the...
  8. Latest Windows 10 update causing problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Latest Windows 10 update causing problems: Windows did an automatic update to my laptops last week. Since then, every time I close my laptop and it goes to sleep, the screen will not come back on. I have to restart my laptop to get the screen to come on. Other than the inconvenience, I am concerned that turning off...
  9. KB3140768 update causing audio problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB3140768 update causing audio problems: Hello, I've just uninstalled the KB3140768 update because of severe audio crackling and stuttering while using the internet. Has anybody experienced similar problems with this update? Also, isn't it dangerous to uninstall/block a security update like this? Thanks!...
  10. Windows 10 Updates Causing Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Updates Causing Problems: I just updated Windows 10 today. It wasn't the usual update, this one took a while. Anyways, for some reason, I have noticed I seem to have problems with my laptop after it updates. This time around, I get a black screen when I put my laptop on sleep and try to log back in....