Windows 10: windows 10 update causing bluetooth keyboard failures with windows system event

Discus and support windows 10 update causing bluetooth keyboard failures with windows system event in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, After recent update my Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID started acting up when i wake up from sleep. It does not recognize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by drewex, Apr 1, 2019.

1. drewex Win User

windows 10 update causing bluetooth keyboard failures with windows system event

Hello all,

After recent update my Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID started acting up when i wake up from sleep.

It does not recognize my pc and just doesnt connect. It has this event repeated,

Log Name: System

Source: Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode

Date: 4/1/2019 7:55:00 AM

Event ID: 10111

Task Category: User-mode Driver problems.

Level: Critical

Keywords:

User: SYSTEM

Computer: MSI

Description:

The device Keyboard Bluetooth Fingerprint Sensor (location 1) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode" Guid="{2e35aaeb-857f-4beb-a418-2e6c0e54d988}" />

<EventID>10111</EventID>

<Version>1</Version>

<Level>1</Level>

<Task>64</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x2000000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-04-01T14:55:00.779589900Z" />

<EventRecordID>1559</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="896" ThreadID="1012" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>MSI</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

<UserData>

<UmdfDeviceOffline xmlns="http://www.microsoft.com/DriverFrameworks/UserMode/Event">

<LifetimeId>{073677b4-d013-4bcc-a44d-45202ce7359d}</LifetimeId>

<FriendlyName>Keyboard Bluetooth Fingerprint Sensor</FriendlyName>

<Location>1</Location>

<InstanceId>{5E9A8CDC-14AB-4609-A017-68BCE594AB68}\KEYBOARDFINGERPRINTSENSOR\A&amp;1E4B3147&amp;0&amp;1</InstanceId>

<RestartCount>5</RestartCount>

</UmdfDeviceOffline>

</UserData>

</Event>

I will put it back to sleep to make it work. The most recent update I've applied is Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 amd64 2019-03 with few others same date of 03/23/2019.

it also spits this event right before the top one

Log Name: System

Source: Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode

Date: 4/1/2019 7:55:00 AM

Event ID: 10110

Task Category: User-mode Driver problems.

Level: Critical

Keywords:

User: SYSTEM

Computer: MSI

Description:

A problem has occurred with one or more user-mode drivers and the hosting process has been terminated. This may temporarily interrupt your ability to access the devices.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode" Guid="{2e35aaeb-857f-4beb-a418-2e6c0e54d988}" />

<EventID>10110</EventID>

<Version>1</Version>

<Level>1</Level>

<Task>64</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x2000000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-04-01T14:55:00.776783500Z" />

<EventRecordID>1558</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="896" ThreadID="1012" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>MSI</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

<UserData>

<UMDFHostProblem xmlns="http://www.microsoft.com/DriverFrameworks/UserMode/Event">

<LifetimeId>{073677b4-d013-4bcc-a44d-45202ce7359d}</LifetimeId>

<Problem>3</Problem>

<DetectedBy>2</DetectedBy>

<ActiveOperation>3</ActiveOperation>

<ExitCode>259</ExitCode>

<Message>72471</Message>

<Status>4294967295</Status>

</UMDFHostProblem>

</UserData>

</Event>

I have downloaded and reinstalled the driver to see if it would help but it did not.

I tried contacting over the sales chat directed me to tech chat at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/windows/tech-services/

but chat isnt working at the moment.

How can i report this for a driver update

:)

drewex, Apr 1, 2019
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

So I bought a new Bluetooth headphones the skull candy uproar since my old one isn't working. It came with only the headset and usb charging cable. The problem is I can't seem to pair it to my pc. I have windows 10 by the way. There is no Bluetooth on off button in windows settings. I went to device manager but there us no icon for Bluetooth. I did everything I knew but none of it worked.I can post pictures if anyone needs.An alternative might be a Bluetooth dongle but I m not sure I'd it would work plus I paid $50 so don't wanna spend more

I looked up on Internet and many people seem to have issues with windows 10 and Bluetooth. I thought of asking here knowing my UK friends are smart.

Anyone have any idea of how to get Bluetooth to work on my pc.

PS don't curse windows 10. I already know it's a mess and not a very good os.

aasim1111, Apr 1, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 1, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

1. windows 10 update causing bluetooth keyboard failures with windows system event - Similar Threads - update causing bluetooth

2. Windows 10 system failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 system failure: I cant start system after updating drivers,I cant even go in WinRei get message INACESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-system-failure/45175611-c9b0-4638-8649-214c60e86e0f
  3. updates caused failures

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updates caused failures: Since January 2021 my computer has being behaving weird, after this months updates KB5003637 and KB5003254 it became annoyingly unusable, I uninstalled last updates and it improved a little, but still behaving weird, sometimes i have to reboot to be able to keep working.How...
  4. Windows 10 update causing boot failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update causing boot failure: Windows 10 did an automatic update last night. This morning my computer won't boot. Gets as far as Lenovo splash screen, dots swirl for a minute or so, then the screen goes black. Power and battery lights still lit, but absolutely no response. Tried power drain, F2 and F8,...
  5. system failure windows 10 after update

system failure windows 10 after update: BSOD, COMPUTER WON'T BOOT UP, ERROR CODE b10HD1, says hard drives won't connect memory passed.I need some help on this, email me so I don't have to keep going to neighbors and can check on phone...
  6. Keyboard failure after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard failure after windows 10 update: Lenovo flex 4-1580 updated windows 10 but after restarting the keyboard and touch-pad stopped functioning. I tried to restore the previous version but got a message that 10 days have passed and therefore can not. How can I solve this without loosing the installed apps in the...
  7. Windows Cumulative Updates caused system failure

Windows Cumulative Updates caused system failure: I recently had an update be forced through on my dell inspiron that caused my hard drive to no longer be found on the computer and has caused me to lose all of my online classwork for my college and is going to lead to me falling so far behind that i cant catch up now. The...
  8. Windows update causing a drive failure

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update causing a drive failure: I was in the middle of an update and around the 27% mark everything stopped and the following message appeared on screen: “Reboot and select a proper boot drive or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key”. I reseated the sata cables for my drive and made...
  9. Windows update causes application failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update causes application failure: On July 12th 2019 Microsoft sneaked an update on my PC even though I had paused updates for 7 days. The update, KB4509096, a so-called "security update", broke video rendering on my photo/video viewer and editor, Irfanview. Another later update KB4507453 on the 13th may have...
  10. Update Cause System Keyboard & Mouse Stuck

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update Cause System Keyboard & Mouse Stuck: Hi Experts, This is a very strange issue on my domain environment two lenovo laptop's e540 goes stuck no pointer and keyboard is working but when i uninstall some latest update and restart it works fine. here are two update which are recently install and make problem and...