Windows 10: Windows 10 update causing boot failure

Discus and support Windows 10 update causing boot failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 did an automatic update last night. This morning my computer won't boot. Gets as far as Lenovo splash screen, dots swirl for a minute or so,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CMeister777, May 18, 2021.

1. Windows 10 update causing boot failure

Windows 10 did an automatic update last night. This morning my computer won't boot. Gets as far as Lenovo splash screen, dots swirl for a minute or so, then the screen goes black. Power and battery lights still lit, but absolutely no response. Tried power drain, F2 and F8, nothing. Can't get to the repair menu, bios menu, or command prompt. Please help.

:)

CMeister777, May 18, 2021
  2. Hood Win User

New Secondary Drive Causes Boot Failure Windows 10

For the second time now, Windows 10 failed to boot after initializing and formatting a spare drive (using Windows Disk Management). After the boot fail, UEFI boot settings were still set to boot from Windows Boot Manager, but it still wouldn't boot, just goes into diagnostic mode, fails to repair boot problem, and goes to the repair menu. In advanced options I can then load a recent image (made with Windows 7 Backup and Recovery in control panel), and everything goes back to normal. My question is what causes this problem, and how do I repair it without re-imaging Windows? I don't recall ever having this problem in other Windows versions, only in Windows 10. Anyone else notice this problem?

3. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, May 18, 2021
  4. Windows 10 update causing boot failure

Windows XP Error: Could not Boot after update

repairing windows will just fix any damaged files, id suggest taking off your over clocking settings the try booting in, maybe when you updated you also updated some censoring device which is now causing you a problem with your over clock settings.

jocksteeluk, May 18, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 update causing boot failure

1. Windows 10 update causing boot failure - Similar Threads - update causing boot

2. Windows update causing Boot Failure with XMP on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update causing Boot Failure with XMP on: I updated windows which is still windows 10 btw two days ago, a literally installed NOTHING else on my computer. I`m running the same rig for 10 months now with 2x16 Corsair LPX Ram, at 3200, with XMP on. After the update I get ``Boot Failure detected``, I press ``load...
  3. Windows update causing Boot Failure with XMP on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update causing Boot Failure with XMP on: I updated windows which is still windows 10 btw two days ago, a literally installed NOTHING else on my computer. I`m running the same rig for 10 months now with 2x16 Corsair LPX Ram, at 3200, with XMP on. After the update I get ``Boot Failure detected``, I press ``load...
  4. Windows update causing Boot Failure with XMP on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. updates caused failures

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updates caused failures: Since January 2021 my computer has being behaving weird, after this months updates KB5003637 and KB5003254 it became annoyingly unusable, I uninstalled last updates and it improved a little, but still behaving weird, sometimes i have to reboot to be able to keep working.How...
  6. Windows 10’s new Corsair driver update is causing boot failures

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s new Corsair driver update is causing boot failures: Some Windows 10 drivers are necessary for your devices, which is why we’ve both automatic and optional driver updates. However, driver updates can also prevent your devices from working under rare circumstances. A new driver update “CorsairVBusDriver” is currently rolling...
  7. Windows 10 KB4532693 update is now causing boot failures

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4532693 update is now causing boot failures: Windows 10 KB4532693, which is a security patch with multiple fixes, has apparently been a serious source of grief for thousands of users. For some folks, the update is reportedly deleting files, while others report that Microsoft has moved all their desktop data to a...
  8. Windows update causing a drive failure

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update causing a drive failure: I was in the middle of an update and around the 27% mark everything stopped and the following message appeared on screen: “Reboot and select a proper boot drive or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key”. I reseated the sata cables for my drive and made...
  9. Windows update causes application failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update causes application failure: On July 12th 2019 Microsoft sneaked an update on my PC even though I had paused updates for 7 days. The update, KB4509096, a so-called "security update", broke video rendering on my photo/video viewer and editor, Irfanview. Another later update KB4507453 on the 13th may have...
  10. Updates cause boot-up failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates cause boot-up failure: Last night as I shutdown my computer the blue updates screen appeared, the one that says "Installing updates, 10%, 20%, ...Do not shut off your computer". That was strange since I always thought I was able to choose when to update. This morning my computer would not boot up....