Windows 10: Windows 10 update changed screensaver

Discus and support Windows 10 update changed screensaver in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Latest update to Windows 10 (3/1/2019) removed my screensaver with a black screen. How do I retrieve my old screensaver settings?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DeMarco7754, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 update changed screensaver

Latest update to Windows 10 (3/1/2019) removed my screensaver with a black screen. How do I retrieve my old screensaver settings?

:)

DeMarco7754, Mar 2, 2019
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Windows 10 update changed screensaver :)

terrace, Mar 2, 2019
  3. screensaver versus no screensaver

Windows 7. The 'My Pictures ever-changing-wallpaper' thingy.
    No screensaver, I've just set the picture to change every 10 seconds and turn it off when I'm playing gameys (hardly ever)

scaminatrix, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 update changed screensaver

How to change the screensaver for Windows 10

Hi

Thanks for this comment. Your suggestion concerns the image(s) displayed as background. I already do this for the background.

My question did not concern the background but rather the screen saver. I can send the screensaver to an (in my computer) image directory containing any number of files (say 100). The screensaver picks only a limited number (I haven't counted, but it's
    about 20). The screen saver stays with that set, displaying them in the same order on each repetition through the images. My question is whether it is possible to dislodge the built in screensaver from fixating on the same small set of images and displaying
    them in the same order? Of course, the image set will change if I change image source directories, but the problem repeats if I do (though with a new set of 20ish images from the new directory).

Any work-arounds?

Thanks

Howard

HowardBarkan, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update changed screensaver

1. Windows 10 update changed screensaver - Similar Threads - update changed screensaver

2. Windows 10 screensaver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 screensaver: When I installed Windows 10 it came with a screen saver that randomly went through all of my photos. Most screens were single photos, some were multiple photos.For reasons that are a mystery to me, the screen saver no longer works.I have looked through 'settings' but with my...
  3. Windows 10 screensaver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 screensaver: When I installed Windows 10 it came with a screen saver that randomly went through all of my photos. Most screens were single photos, some were multiple photos.For reasons that are a mystery to me, the screen saver no longer works.I have looked through 'settings' but with my...
  4. Windows 10 screensaver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changing my screensaver

Changing my screensaver: The Appearance and Personalisation tab seems to have disappeared from my Control Panel. Now I cannot find how to change my screensaver photos. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-my-screensaver/2dffbbf6-5e23-4b9d-a0b8-e7b29874893c
  6. Windows 10 Screensaver

Windows 10 Screensaver: I have a brand new HP Desktop with Win 10. My issue is that after setting up a screensaver, when the screen times out, I get a blank black screen. This is regardless of the type of program I use photos,mystify,bubbles I have consulted both MS and HP with no luck. MS even had...
  7. How to change Screensaver timeout settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Screensaver timeout settings in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Screensaver is a cool feature in Windows which lets you display animation or automatic change your wallpaper when you are not using the computer. It can also time out and lock the device when left idle for a long [...] This post How to change Screensaver...
  8. windows 10 screensavers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 screensavers: When I boot my computer, what I call a default screensaver, appears then the login. These are the random scenery screens. These were automatically loaded when windows 10 was installed on my machine. Is there a way to remove these from loading?...
  9. Windows 10 screensaver.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 screensaver.: *Smile Hi everyone,hope you are well. Just as a matter of interest, has anyone had trouble with their screensaver ,even though set to operate, not functioning? Is there a solution for this? *Thumbs 113748
  10. No Screensaver after 10 update

No Screensaver after 10 update: I updated from Windows 7 to 10 last night and now I cannot get my Screensaver to work or get my screen to turn off in the power settings. Something must be causing the screen to stay awake. Any help would be great. 11232

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screensaver settings was changed after the update

2. 2019 windows 10 update removed screen saver