Windows 10: Windows 10 update chaos

Discus and support Windows 10 update chaos in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, After a recent update, Windows, basically, deleted my existing desktop. I've had to reinstall apps, wallpapers, settings, and browsers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lamsicle, Nov 4, 2017.

1. lamsicle Win User

Windows 10 update chaos

Hi all,

After a recent update, Windows, basically, deleted my existing desktop. I've had to reinstall apps, wallpapers, settings, and browsers (Firefox and Chrome) but now all my passwords and bookmarks are missing. Contacted Windows tech who performed a remote update......yet nothing has changed. This is incredibly frustrating. Has anyone else experienced this?

:)

lamsicle, Nov 4, 2017

2. Chaos Intellect 4.1

Chaos Intellect will not work since upgrade to Windows 10. Chaos people say it's compatible, Trouble Shooter says incompatible...please help.

RichardHornerNC, Nov 4, 2017
  3. system service exception x6va031

I have now the same Problem after Update to Windows 10 Version 1511.

Game Last Chaos.

system service exception x6va031

pe_schumacher, Nov 4, 2017
  4. Pirx Win User

Windows 10 update chaos

It's not clear from your description what exactly happened. I once had a somewhat similar incident where, on login, there was a brief message saying that Windows could not load my desktop, and I looked at a virgin desktop with none of my settings and apps preserved. What had happened was that, possibly due to a race condition, Windows was unable to load my user registry hives.
    I crossed my fingers and rebooted at that point, and this time everything loaded just fine. However, I have a hunch that, had I given up immediately and started to reconfigure things, then my previous settings might have been lost for good. No idea exactly why this happened, and absolutely no question that something like that should never happen, but it's Windows 10 we are talking about after all. The concept of quality control has been abandoned completely at Microsoft, and we're dealing with an OS that's in an eternal beta state. Frequent backups are pretty much the only way to keep your sanity these days.

Pirx, Nov 4, 2017
  5. lamsicle Win User
    Hi Pirx,

Yes, a virgin desktop is an apt description. It happened after an automatic update.

Managed to find my files, but I'm still having to spend hours trying to get things back to how they were. Not great when I'm not as tech savvy as I once was. It just feels intrusive.

lamsicle, Nov 4, 2017
  6. Pirx Win User
    In my case it just happened out of the blue. No updates, no software installs, nothing; just so.
    And, yes, this is not just intrusive; it's a catastrophic bug for something like that to even be possible. We are talking hours, potentially days of work lost.
    Like I said, it's Windows 10 we are working with here; nobody cares, as long as you have an OS that can show people cute kittens on the internet in their Start Menu.

Pirx, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 update chaos

1. Windows 10 update chaos - Similar Threads - update chaos

2. I have no more access to my Microsoft Store so like updates like one year ago...Chaos?Fraude?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have no more access to my Microsoft Store so like updates like one year ago...Chaos?Fraude?: I have no more the control my Windows.....No access to my Microsoft Store so like updates like one year ago...My Chaos?I think in this situation is to complication and till this punkt is already to much to be my fallt because before worked perfect and now i just dont...
  3. I have no more access to my Microsoft Store so like updates like one year ago...Chaos?Fraude?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have no more access to my Microsoft Store so like updates like one year ago...Chaos?Fraude?: I have no more the control my Windows.....No access to my Microsoft Store so like updates like one year ago...My Chaos?I think in this situation is to complication and till this punkt is already to much to be my fallt because before worked perfect and now i just dont...
  4. I have no more access to my Microsoft Store so like updates like one year ago...Chaos?Fraude?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Windows update creates chaos - needs to be reinstalled?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update creates chaos - needs to be reinstalled?: I got my new computer on Friday - this morning I did the update and now Windows doesn't load - tried restarting as recommended, tried turning it off as recommended, can't reinstall Windows without my computer guru because I'm not a computer expert. You had one job guys - you...
  6. Update chaos

Update chaos: Hi. Just visited my parents and found they have not been able to use their computer or access the internet for a few months because of a microsoft update. I've had a look and got nowhere. They dont have smart phones or internet access now. Passwords Microsoft require are...
  7. Chaos after installing updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Chaos after installing updates: After installing updates recently, I find that if my computer is left and times out/goes to sleep, it can take upwards of 20 minutes to open up. I have been re-starting the computer with the reset button under the power switch Can anyone help please 143562
  8. Is there a recent update that is causing chaos?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there a recent update that is causing chaos?: I'm seeing a lot of questions here that each have the same problems that I have been encountering. Im about to flip out. I cant tell if I'm being hacked or is it the new additions"features " aka updates. Everything is going haywire. And there is a lot of extra I haven't...
  9. 1903 update caused fatal chaos on my system..

1903 update caused fatal chaos on my system..: Hi there, I was forced to get the 1903 update, after which a large number of issues went wrong with my computer. Installation went smooth, no errors or whatever. After the install however, my computer started having problems with my user account. I couldn't log on anymore...
  10. Dell inspiron N5110 window 10 update chaos

Dell inspiron N5110 window 10 update chaos: Here some of the info that may be needed: update: kb4284835 ms window 10 home 10.0.17134 build 17134 (upgrade offer from window 7 well with in the time limit for free copy) core i5 8gb ram geforce gpu. The issue all started yesterday 26/8/18 from a update 30 min...