Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Chokes on Avira

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Chokes on Avira in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Latest Windows 10 update stalls at 25% and sends an alert that Avira is incompatible with it and must be uninstalled manually. The alert provides no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BeverlyLaird, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Update Chokes on Avira

Latest Windows 10 update stalls at 25% and sends an alert that Avira is incompatible with it and must be uninstalled manually. The alert provides no location for the offending files, and a search finds no Avira files, except for a list of Avira dll files in a Total AV folder. Nothing really to uninstall. They can be deleted, I suppose, but deleting dll files always seems to have unintended consequences. What to do to make this Windows 10 update go to completion?

:)

BeverlyLaird, Aug 22, 2019
  2. kath_986 Win User

Avira Antivirus

Windows cannot send updates due to Avira Antivirus (not Aviva) - they suggest uninstalling Avira but it is not listed and I am not aware that I ever downloaded it. Presume its some sort of malware - any suggestions please if anyone has had the same problem
    - thank you

Kath Oliver

kath_986, Aug 22, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 22, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update Chokes on Avira

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Update Chokes on Avira

1. Windows 10 Update Chokes on Avira - Similar Threads - Update Chokes Avira

2. Avira Antivirus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Avira Antivirus: How do I uninstall a program called, "Avira Antivirus"? I don't know how it got onto my computer and is preventing MS updates.Thank You,Kathy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avira-antivirus/cce2d2f3-740e-444e-9ff9-de978d4560ec
  3. Avira Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avira Antivirus: How do I uninstall a program called, "Avira Antivirus"? I don't know how it got onto my computer and is preventing MS updates.Thank You,Kathy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avira-antivirus/cce2d2f3-740e-444e-9ff9-de978d4560ec
  4. Virtual Switch External chokes bandwidth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Virtual Switch External chokes bandwidth: I have two Dell computers, one Latitude work and other Inspiron home. I tried create a new Hyper V Virtual Switch External. The Latitude works fine but the Inspiron chokes the bandwidth to 1/10 th or even less. Both m/c s are on Windows Pro....
  5. Disabling Avira

Disabling Avira: I installed Avira as a second line of defense to be called on when required. However, it is producing pop-ups, so must be currently 'active'. Autoruns shows many entries, all ticked and I am denied access to untick them. Without uninstalling it, how can I disable it till I...
  6. avira

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    avira: does anyone else have this " avira" on there computer? I dont know what it is doing but its messing up my laptop! and my screen does all kinds of weird stuff the screen ha a mind of its own.i dont know if its an update or if someone is on my laptop.can someone please help...
  7. Windows update & Avira Antivirus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update & Avira Antivirus: Windows update is telling me I have Avira Antivirus and this needs to be manually removed. It doesnt appear in my program list however I do not ever think it has been installed. Any Ideas on what I need to do?...
  8. Avira Antivirus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Avira Antivirus: Windows cannot send updates due to Avira Antivirus (not Aviva) - they suggest uninstalling Avira but it is not listed and I am not aware that I ever downloaded it. Presume its some sort of malware - any suggestions please if anyone has had the same problem - thank you Kath...
  9. Avira Anitivius

Avira Anitivius: I am needing to uninstall Avira Antivirus from my computer manually in order for my Windows to install updates. I am not able to find Avira anywhere on my computer to even do this....
  10. Avira for Windows 10?

Avira for Windows 10?: After reading this, I decided to use Avira for Windows 10: Test antivirus software for Windows 8 - June 2015 | AV-TEST Anyone had any bad experience with Avira on W10? Thank you*Smile 26782