Windows 10: Windows 10 update cleanup

Discus and support Windows 10 update cleanup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Before taking a disk image I do a cleanup of junk files. Windows 10 update cleanup would have to be a joke. It only takes a couple of hours and does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidSchrieber, Sep 8, 2018.

1. DavidSchrieber Win User

Windows 10 update cleanup

Before taking a disk image I do a cleanup of junk files. Windows 10 update cleanup would have to be a joke. It only takes a couple of hours and does not really do anything. I could do a fresh install in the same time. Instead of giving everyone crap we didn't want in the updates, fix the stuff you already gave us. 2 hours to delete 2.0gb of already installed update files....lets be happy it's nothing big or the computer would be useless for a week.

:)

DavidSchrieber, Sep 8, 2018
  2. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Static~Charge Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update cleanup - Similar Threads - update cleanup

2. NOW DISK CLEANUP NOT WORKING IN WINDOWS 10 1803 AFTER UPDATE October 24, 2018—KB4462933 (OS...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    NOW DISK CLEANUP NOT WORKING IN WINDOWS 10 1803 AFTER UPDATE October 24, 2018—KB4462933 (OS...: AFTER UPDATE October 24, 2018—KB4462933 (OS Build 17134.376, Disk Cleanup not working , it shows delating but nothing deleted , i also try Disk Cleanup >> settings >>>>System>>>Storage >>>>free up space now but nothing >>>>>>>> [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]every time it is...
  3. Windows Update Cleanup

Windows Update Cleanup: Curățirea discului este de 11,6 GB în fișierul Windows Update Cleanup în Windous 10. Mi-a apărut și ecranul albastru care a restartat sistemul. Se pot elimina acesti GB?...
  4. File cleanup of windows update files

File cleanup of windows update files: My C: drive is tight for space. After a 'Routine' update of Windows 10, I know I have to cleanup the update files to recover 2-3 GIGABYTES of space. The problem is that file cleanup takes an INORDINATE amount of time to address the windows update files. It happens on more...
  5. "Disc Cleanup" now empties "Download Folder" by Default after Oct 2018 Feature Update

"Disc Cleanup" now empties "Download Folder" by Default after Oct 2018 Feature Update: "Disc Cleanup" now empties "Download Folder" by Default after Oct 2018 Feature Update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc-cleanup-now-empties-download-folder-by/21df6e27-9eda-4523-b1b7-7d0db1735963
  6. Windows Update Cleanup taking ages

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Update Cleanup taking ages: I clicked the button to include Windows Update Cleanup to recover a few Gb of HD space. It's been going for about 4hrs so far with seemingly little signs of progress. Could I cancel and forget about it or let the Cleanup run its course? 115723
  7. disc cleanup after 1803 cumulative updates

disc cleanup after 1803 cumulative updates: 1803 cumulative updates take so long to be cleaned up with disc cleanup. I do so b/c I want to have a clean image in case I have to recover. Is there a faster way to clean up these updates? 113004
  8. Windows update cleanup not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update cleanup not working: If I try to use disk cleanup to clean windows update cleanup it simply freezes for hours 112135
  9. request for cleanup update history .reg tutorial

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    request for cleanup update history .reg tutorial: Hello guys and Master Brink Is it polite to ask somebody to make a .reg file like the ones used in the tutorials and mostly written by Brink. It is about cleaning up the windows update history - I do this manually every patch Tuesday with the following commands from...
  10. Update Cleanup missing in Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Update Cleanup missing in Disk Cleanup: Just got another update today, still having this issue. I used to have "Windows Update Files" or something along those lines whenever I ran disk cleanup after an update, but now that doesn't appear in the list. How far back would "the last few builds" be? "the last...