Windows 10: Windows 10 update could fix its most annoying problem

Discus and support Windows 10 update could fix its most annoying problem in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 is getting a solution for a longstanding problem where the File Explorer blocks you from deleting a file when it’s open in another app. By... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Nov 21, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 update could fix its most annoying problem

Windows 10 is getting a solution for a longstanding problem where the File Explorer blocks you from deleting a file when it’s open in another app.

By default, Windows 10 won’t allow you to delete, move or rename a file that is open in a program. If you want to modify the locked file, you would first need to identify the program and close it manually.

In most cases, File Explorer will explicitly state that your file is in use by Microsoft Word or some other app, but sometimes it may not be clear which program has locked your files. It has also been observed that files may remain locked even when the app is closed and this happens due to unknown background process.

Currently, Windows 10 allows you to use an app called “Process Explorer” to identify which program has a particular file or directory open. With Microsoft’s Process Explorer, you can even identify the files which are open by mysterious and hidden DLLs processes.

Windows 10 update could fix its most annoying problem Windows-10-File-in-use.jpg

The problem with Process Explorer is that it’s designed for advanced users (administrators) and average users may not find it beginner-friendly at all.

Fortunately, Microsoft understands that this is a limitation of File Explorer and it’s planning to address the unexpected ‘File is in use’ behaviour in the next PowerToys update.

Anyone who has been frustrated by this particular File Explorer error will breathe a big sigh of relief next year.

Since unlocking and deleting certain files can cause problems with open programs, Microsoft plans to offer a modern interface to see what program is using that file. Once detected, you can manually close the program or use the Windows 10 Task Manager.

So with any luck, this feature will be deployed with PowerToys update for Windows 10 next year.

It’s also worth noting that Microsoft is working on several new features for Windows 10 as part of the PowerToys project and most of the changes are expected to arrive soon.

The post Windows 10 update could fix its most annoying problem appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Nov 21, 2020
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Nov 21, 2020
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Nov 21, 2020
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Yeah, I've been noting it for months on the refusenik thread. They do NOT want anything older than 10 running.

I still have an HTPC on W7, and every other month I have to fix the update agent in order to get all updates. SMH....

You provided a good step by step fix. I've bookmarked it for future reference.

rtwjunkie, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update could fix its most annoying problem - Similar Threads - update fix annoying

2. The most annoying thing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The most annoying thing: How do I fix permanently this issue? My icons are not supposed to look like that. I tried restarting Explorer, yet the issue still is not fixed. When I log off then on again the issue gets fixed, but after some time it gets on a gain....
  3. The most annoying thing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The most annoying thing: How do I fix permanently this issue? My icons are not supposed to look like that. I tried restarting Explorer, yet the issue still is not fixed. When I log off then on again the issue gets fixed, but after some time it gets on a gain....
  4. The most annoying thing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 spend most of its time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 spend most of its time: If you ask me which task Windows 10 spend most of the time on. My answer would be Windows update and Windows 10 also use much more my internet data than I watch Youtube....
  6. most annoying thing ever

in Windows 10 Customization
    most annoying thing ever: I've found some problem with 3 problems and its very annoying1.unhandled exception has occurred in your application2.0x800704243.0xe043452I've been trying to find how to solve all the problem more than a monthand seems like all of them don't help at all I watched 1000+ videos...
  7. Windows 10 update is improving one of its most annoying features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update is improving one of its most annoying features: A new Windows 10 update will finally fix one of the most annoying features – Windows Update compatibility holds. Following our report, Microsoft has now finally confirmed that they’re introducing the ability to remove update safeguard holds and allow users to grab feature...
  8. Most annoying problem ever!!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Most annoying problem ever!!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!: Hey everyone,So, for the past couple of years I've been using Windows 10 and there's always this absolutely shitty problem I can't ever resolve! I swear I'll KILL myself if I can't solve this stupid problem so PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!So, every time Windows needs to install an...
  9. The most bizarre and annoying problem I have ever had

in Windows 10 Support
    The most bizarre and annoying problem I have ever had: Okay so first; Windows 10 Home edition 64 bit Manufacturer: Acer Model: Aspire Z3-711 I can not use certain .exe files because "This application has been blocked by your system administrator". I am the Admin, I even used the "net user admin" from command prompt and it...
  10. top 3 windows annoyances that could be fixed with 20 minutes of coding

in Windows 10 Support
    top 3 windows annoyances that could be fixed with 20 minutes of coding: Overall, Windows actually works pretty well. It seems like most of what I find most frustrating about this OS can probably be fixed with a few dozen lines of code. It makes me think that either I'm a very unusual customer or the software architects have some peculiar...