Windows 10: Windows 10 update crash leaving no recovery options

Discus and support Windows 10 update crash leaving no recovery options in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated to Windows 10 during the free update period and after a recent major update my system crashed beyond recovery. ALL was lost and had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MartinMcLaren, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Windows 10 update crash leaving no recovery options

I updated to Windows 10 during the free update period and after a recent major update my system crashed beyond recovery. ALL was lost and had to restart desktop from scratch using factory installed Windows 7 home premium. Now MS wants me to pay for an upgrade as 7 is no longer supported?!? I certainly will not PAY for the operating system which burned my system down to begin with. Suggestions?

:)

MartinMcLaren, Apr 9, 2020
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 recovery options ?.

When the password is wrong and the pin number is wrong is there a way recover the data or even the OS ?.

The extra added issue to this is that the systems running UEFI so no inputs working on boot, so how do you get in to the recovery options.

Could it be as simple as plugging in a USB drive with windows 10 on it and hoping it boots up off it ?. It's the only option not tried as yet as the owner of the system as just got out of hospital wanted to try passwords and pins which seemed to fail every time even though he\she is pretty sure are right.

I am thinking that's the way to go is there any other ways to gain access other than taking the drive out of the system. Data on the system is important too.

AsRock, Apr 9, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 update crash leaving no recovery options

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update crash leaving no recovery options

1. Windows 10 update crash leaving no recovery options - Similar Threads - update crash leaving

2. Windows 10 July 2022 update KB5015807 - No Recovery options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 July 2022 update KB5015807 - No Recovery options: After installing the latest Windows 10 July 2022 update KB5015807 I have found that the Recovery options page is not available from the Update & Security settings page or the update history page.The "Recovery" word still appears but clicking on it does nothing other than to...
  3. Windows 10 July 2022 update KB5015807 - No Recovery options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 July 2022 update KB5015807 - No Recovery options: After installing the latest Windows 10 July 2022 update KB5015807 I have found that the Recovery options page is not available from the Update & Security settings page or the update history page.The "Recovery" word still appears but clicking on it does nothing other than to...
  4. Windows 10 July 2022 update KB5015807 - No Recovery options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Lovin windows 10 recovery options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lovin windows 10 recovery options: Windows doesn’t boot? Just boot into safe mode by booting the computer up and restarting from the login screen. Can’t get to the login screen? just do it from the recovery screen. Can’t get to the recovery screen? Just boot into windows and restart into the recovery screen....
  6. Recovery options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery options in Windows 10: I have some entries in the menu when I go to System Recovery>Use a Device. There is an entry for Ubuntu, which I've installed Ubuntu on this PC before; and the only way I know to delete the partitions is to delete them in computer management so I'm thinking maybe the entry...
  7. Recovery options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery options in Windows 10: I have some entries in the menu when I go to System Recovery>Use a Device. There is an entry for Ubuntu, which I've installed Ubuntu on this PC before; and the only way I know to delete the partitions is to delete them in computer management so I'm thinking maybe the entry...
  8. Recovery options in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Windows 10 Update Optional update Crashing my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Optional update Crashing my pc: Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - MTD - 10.0.19041.21339, this update has given me pure hell. Last time it was installed on my PC i had to clean install my windows 10 and now it has installed itself again. I turned off Windows 10 auto update so i have no idea how it happened. All...
  10. Windows crash with update recovery

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows crash with update recovery: During WIN10 update the operating system on my PC was corrupted and would not self-repair. I was only able to re-install and reactivate my WIN10 installation and then reinstall my programs data was all backed up. After activating and with some use I realized that I was...