Windows 10: Windows 10 update crashed my hard drive

Discus and support Windows 10 update crashed my hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just called Microsoft and they said they would put me on hold to check on the problem from there end and then they hang up in my face.... 2 days ago... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jamalwilson, May 14, 2020.

1. Windows 10 update crashed my hard drive

I just called Microsoft and they said they would put me on hold to check on the problem from there end and then they hang up in my face....

2 days ago my PC was running perfectly, smooth, no problems. then I updated windows 10 because there were supposedly important updates available.. after I updated my PC with windows 10 update, it took a long time, way longer then normal to boot up into windows. this never happen before, and I thought something wasn't right... next when windows booted up it did not work the same.. everything was really slow to the internet speed was at a turtle crawl, and when I tried to fix the problem by restarting PC, it did not come back on. I F12 at start up and did a diagnostic text and everything work fine, just not the hard drive..the hard drive failed... thing problem started at around 5:00pm and after using all the F12 fixes like start up repair, which didn't work, Uninstall windows most resent updates, which did not work and could not happen for some odd reason, Restore points which I had 3 fresh restore points, which did not work and PC gave me error and said that the file was kurpted. only in till 3:00 am did I finally get my PC to start up by using boot into safe mode, then restarted and I got into my PC but the slow problem was still there..

I had a lot of my work and project for my clients I work and use my PC for. and now I cant work.. and if I buy another hard drive all my programs, book marks, and project file will be lost....

Even if I bought another hard drive, I'd still be using windows 10, so whats the point if a windows 10 update could mess up my hard drive again, and this is not the 1st time I had to buy another drive for windows updates...

How do I get in contact with a Microsoft employee who can replace my failed hard drive from one of there updates...

:)

jamalwilson, May 14, 2020
  2. little cat, May 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, May 14, 2020
  4. Windows 10 update crashed my hard drive

Samsung M3 portable hard drive not getting recognised on Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information

• Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive on the computer?
    • Are you logged into the Administrator Account while assigning the driver letter to the external hard drive?

I recommend you to follow the steps below to update all the pending Windows updates and also try to reinstall the hard drive driver in the Device Manager. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update all the pending Windows updates in the computer and check if it helps.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Then select Settings.

3. Choose Update & security >
    Windows Update
    >Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 2: I recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the Hard drive as suggested in the previous post. Also you can run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Step 3: Then try to boot the computer in safe mode and check if the hard drive is getting recgonized in it or not.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Please get back to us with an update on issue in connecting External hard drive into Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update crashed my hard drive

1. Windows 10 update crashed my hard drive - Similar Threads - update crashed hard

2. Windows 11 update crashed my hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update crashed my hard drive: Yesterday a usual update came for my windows 11 and after that update it asked me to restart. After restarting my laptop is not booting. I tried to enter into safe mode but troubleshoot option is also not coming pc keeps on restarting. I created a bootable pendrive and tried...
  3. Windows 11 update crashed my hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 update crashed my hard drive: Yesterday a usual update came for my windows 11 and after that update it asked me to restart. After restarting my laptop is not booting. I tried to enter into safe mode but troubleshoot option is also not coming pc keeps on restarting. I created a bootable pendrive and tried...
  4. External Hard Drive crashes Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive crashes Windows 10: So, I noticed almost identical issues in a Mentioned Thread that I have encountered with my 2TB Seagate External Hard Drive. It worked amazingly when I first got it, and for about 2 weeks it continued doing well. No clicking or signs of anything wrong. Nothing.However,...
  5. reinstalling windows 10 - hard drive crashed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reinstalling windows 10 - hard drive crashed: How do I reinstall windows 10 after I install a new hard drive - old hard drive died - where do I go to obtain a windows 10 copy - I will have to download to a thumb drive in order to get a copy of Windows 10...
  6. Updates for KB crashed my hard drive

Updates for KB crashed my hard drive: my computer updated with all it's new patches and after restarting it crashed my hard drive i repaired my system but now i feel like updates are more dangerous then pc viruses has anyone else had this problem?[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]...
  7. External Hard Drive Crashing Windows 10

External Hard Drive Crashing Windows 10: I am using a WD Elements 3TB hardrive with my Windows 10 PC. Usually, I would plug my external HDD in and it would function normally. However, all of a sudden it is now not working. When plugged in, it shows as Local Disk J: where it would normally show as WD Elements...
  8. Hard drive crash.

Hard drive crash.: Need to install a new SSD and am not sure how to get the Windows Key needed for 10 installation? My computer was upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and I supposedly have a digital entitlement....
  9. Windows 10 or hard drive crash!??!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 or hard drive crash!??!!: Ok ya’ll i need some serious insight. Was on chrome downloading attachment i sent to myself on gmail a picure.. computer froze then crashed. Turned computer on and it said diagnosing. Then said repairing disk errors. It took like 3 hours at that screen. Then it said auto...
  10. External hard drive crashing after updating to windows 10

External hard drive crashing after updating to windows 10: Previously had windows 7 and all my steam games on my external hard drive. Everything ran fine! I did a fresh install of windows 10 leaving behind nothing on the external drive or my main hard drive, I formatted and reinstalled my games. Now randomly windows will make...