Windows 10: windows 10 update crashes your computer, Microsoft cannot fix the problem. Any class...

Discus and support windows 10 update crashes your computer, Microsoft cannot fix the problem. Any class... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Microsoft spent 4 hours trying to fix my lap top that crashed seconds after a windows 10 update. No hardware issues with a HP scan. I had an external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GREGVan, Jan 22, 2019.

1. GREGVan Win User

windows 10 update crashes your computer, Microsoft cannot fix the problem. Any class...

Microsoft spent 4 hours trying to fix my lap top that crashed seconds after a windows 10 update. No hardware issues with a HP scan. I had an external monitor working AND THE LAPTOP RUNNING NORMALLY ( WITH WHITE SCREEN ON LAPTOP) but the tech rendered my laptop completely inop. PLEASE CONTACT ME WITH ANY CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT INFORMATION AT *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

GREGVan, Jan 22, 2019

2. Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

windows 10 update crashes your computer, Microsoft cannot fix the problem.  Any class... [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Jan 22, 2019
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jan 22, 2019
  4. windows 10 update crashes your computer, Microsoft cannot fix the problem. Any class...

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 update crashes your computer, Microsoft cannot fix the problem. Any class...

1. windows 10 update crashes your computer, Microsoft cannot fix the problem. Any class... - Similar Threads - update crashes computer

2. Microsoft fix your corrupt updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft fix your corrupt updates: KB5033372 stuck at 20% for the 3rd day in a row. Why dont the over paid engineers at MS fix these issues with bad updates instead of worrying about what kind of chicken curry they are going to have....
  3. Microsoft fix your corrupt updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft fix your corrupt updates: KB5033372 stuck at 20% for the 3rd day in a row. Why dont the over paid engineers at MS fix these issues with bad updates instead of worrying about what kind of chicken curry they are going to have....
  4. Microsoft fix your corrupt updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Problem: Microsoft Store crash on any interaction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem: Microsoft Store crash on any interaction: I open Microsoft Store run on Windows 10, everything load as normal but if I try to open application details, settings, profile display, or any other window the application crashes.I have tried everything I could possibly find:1. Windows update2. Antivirus scan3. Trouble...
  6. Problem: Microsoft Store crash on any interaction

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem: Microsoft Store crash on any interaction: I open Microsoft Store run on Windows 10, everything load as normal but if I try to open application details, settings, profile display, or any other window the application crashes.I have tried everything I could possibly find:1. Windows update2. Antivirus scan3. Trouble...
  7. Fix Your computer has a memory problem on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Your computer has a memory problem on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool is giving you an error saying Your computer has […] This article Fix Your computer has a memory problem on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. My computer crashes during Zoom classes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer crashes during Zoom classes: Nearly every time I have a Zoom class, when someone shares their screen or I have the camera on, my computer glitches/crashes and comes up with a black screen. Sometimes it glitches between the black screen and the zoom, but mostly just a black screen appears and the cursor...
  9. Fix Your Broken Updater, Microsoft

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fix Your Broken Updater, Microsoft: So first of all, let me pose a question: It's clear enough to me that Microsoft does not care about its customers, I get that, and I hope you people die. However...if we could be civil just for a second, maybe someone with brains here could actually solve this instead of...
  10. "Class not registered" problem

in Windows 10 Support
    "Class not registered" problem: Hello, Each time I start my pc, get popup notice about some "Class not registered" with some microsoft internet address. The notice attached here. What is it and how to fix it. Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 94329