Windows 10: Windows 10 update crashing Microsoft office

Discus and support Windows 10 update crashing Microsoft office in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I have been having trouble running Microsoft office software for a while now. When I open office software, such as word or powerpoint, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Serrano1, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Serrano1 Win User

Windows 10 update crashing Microsoft office

Hi all,

I have been having trouble running Microsoft office software for a while now. When I open office software, such as word or powerpoint, it crashes not long after opening it with the message below:

"Microsoft ____ has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"

with the __ being Word/Power Point/Publisher/Excel

I have reinstalled Microsoft office 365 several times now to no avail. I have also done a full OS reinstall as well as full reboots twice. I tried installing a slightly older version of Win 10 which ran fine with office software but adobe products were no longer compatible. I did a search online and performed the Windows updates which allowed me to install adobe acrobat and illustrator but the office products have begun crashing again.

I am starting to wonder if there is a hardware issue.. I have a Dell Precision Tower 5810. But I genuinely have no idea..

I appreciate any advice anyone has.

Thank you,

Araceli

:)

Serrano1, Mar 28, 2020

2. Microsoft Confirms Windows, Office 6-Month Update Cycle

Microsoft has been steadily increasing stability, features and, the company hopes, attractiveness of its latest Windows 10 operating system. Recently, its Creator's Update has brought, among other features, a performance-boosting Game Mode, a 3D version of the popular and (respectably ancient) Paint app, as well as increased privacy control, something users clamored for. Now, the Redmond company has confirmed that it's looking towards a six month update cycle for Windows 10 (thus aligning it with Office 365 ProPlus), looking to streamline and increase predictability of its support.

Microsoft released the Windows 10 Anniversary Update in August 2016, and the Creators Update made its public debut on April 11 2017, which is already close to the six-month update cycle the company is now confirming (seven months, in this case.) Now the company has confirmed that it plans to release its next step on the Windows 10 operating system on September 2017. From then on, updates should arrive in a steady cadence, on every subsequent March and September. Each Windows 10 feature release will be serviced and supported for 18 months, as is currently the case, and the company has also added that its System Center Configuration Manager will support this new aligned update model for Office 365 ProPlus and Windows 10, "making both easier to deploy and keep up to date."

Windows 10 update crashing Microsoft office 9e115beeb143_thm.jpg

Windows 10 update crashing Microsoft office 8565e55b8bba_thm.jpg

Source: Blogs.Windows.com, Tom's Hardware

Raevenlord, Mar 28, 2020
  3. The computer crashes when accessing Microsoft Office on Windows 10

Hi Indu,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following information to assist you better with this issue:

• Does the system crashes only when accessing Microsoft Office product?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access Microsoft Office products?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?
    • Which version of Microsoft Office have you installed on your device?

As a workaround, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the System maintenance troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Press Windows
    key and type Troubleshooting.

Select Troubleshooting and hit
    Enter.

Click on View all in the left pane of the window.

Select System Maintenance.

Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrading to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

If the issue persists only when accessing the Microsoft Office products, I suggest you to contact the below forums as we have a dedicated team to assist you better with this issue.

Microsoft Office Forums

Select the right category to post a query.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Windows 10 update crashing Microsoft office

Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

How is this news or surprising to anyone?
    Especially when there are viable and arguably better open-source alternatives out there.. For those of us who don't use Microsoft Office, this isn't a problem.

lexluthermiester, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update crashing Microsoft office

1. Windows 10 update crashing Microsoft office - Similar Threads - update crashing Microsoft

2. Office crashes after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Office crashes after windows 10 update: I just helped a friend finally upgrade her laptop to windows 10 from Windows 7, but after the update, all office apps refuse to launch. Word 2013, excel 2013 etc. All of them. When you start the app, it shows up for a brief second then closes itself. The weird thing is that a...
  3. Microsoft office not updating?!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft office not updating?!!: What should i do when my Microsoft office windows 10 mail cannot update in the Microsoft store? pleqase help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-office-not-updating/07afc291-075e-4e60-af00-e929c04a30ab
  4. Updating microsoft office 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Updating microsoft office 365: Hi All Just wondering after updating office 365,are you required to reboot the computer after updating.*Redface Cheers 149087
  5. October 2019 updates for Microsoft Office Office

in Windows 10 News
    October 2019 updates for Microsoft Office Office: Introduction Microsoft released the following security and nonsecurity updates for Office in October 2019. These updates are intended to help our customers keep their computers up-to-date. We recommend that you install all updates that apply to you. To download an update,...
  6. Microsoft office is missing after a windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft office is missing after a windows 10 update: Microsoft office is missing after a windows 10 update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-office-is-missing-after-a-windows-10/8fac8ea9-af4b-4d3e-aa4f-54564489c749
  7. Microsoft office crashing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft office crashing: Everytime I open Word, Excel or powerpoint to save something or create something, the program closes immediately. I have performed a system restore and modified the apps (Windows 10) and still no luck. What should I do?...
  8. Recent update of Windows 10 and Microsoft Office

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent update of Windows 10 and Microsoft Office: My device is a VAIO and I did have installed Microsoft Office 2016. After update I couldn't open any Word Power Point or Excel documents. I uninstalled Microsoft Office and I tried to re-install it which took hours and finally failed and received the following message:...
  9. office 2016 crashing since last office and win10 update

office 2016 crashing since last office and win10 update: I have office 2016 and windows 10 on both my desktop and laptop. I have just installed the lastest Win10 update and office update when prompted in the last few days. Today I noticed that in outlook, if I click on a calendar invitation outlook just closes. This happens on both...
  10. microsoft office for windows 10

microsoft office for windows 10: Can I ask can I use an earlier version of Microsoft office like 2013 home instead of the 365 version as I think its a bit of a con having to shell out £60 per year so you can use office 34038