Windows 10: Windows 10 update crashing my computer

Discus and support Windows 10 update crashing my computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey there! I am looking for a solution to fix my laptop due to the latest windows 10 update. After installing the update for the windows 10, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BobbyinaBob, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Windows 10 update crashing my computer

Hey there! I am looking for a solution to fix my laptop due to the latest windows 10 update.

After installing the update for the windows 10, I encountered the following problems:

1. not being able to start my laptop as normal
    2. applications not responding
    3. computer just hanging (not able to click anything)
    4. cannot use the toolbar at all
    5. JUST NOT ABLE TO USE MY COMPUTER

I tried numerous methods to solve the problem which includes:

Restarting the computer

Cntl + Alt + Del which leads to a black screen

trying safe mode but in the 1st place my computer would hang

I really hope someone is able to solve my problem as I am about to THROW MY LAPTOP OUT OF THE WINDOW!

:)

BobbyinaBob, Aug 31, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    windows 10 update crashed computer

You must open a 'Command prompt (Admin)' then type DISKPART and press 'enter' before you can use 'list disk'.

Windows 10 update crashing my computer [​IMG]

4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 update crashing my computer

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update crashing my computer

1. Windows 10 update crashing my computer - Similar Threads - update crashing computer

2. Latest Windows 10 update KB4505903 crashes my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest Windows 10 update KB4505903 crashes my computer: Hello, After many trial and error diagnosing my computer, which specs are: CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x GPU: AMD RX 480 Nitro+ Sapphire 4GB RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 I figured out that the latest security update actually crashes my computer at random times when...
  3. Windows 10 update to version 1903 crashed my computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update to version 1903 crashed my computer.: I carried out the version 1903 and it has not just crashed its killed my system. My system has been kept up to date on all patches and versions along with MS security patches. My system does not have a CD Drive and will not recognise any USB drives, this means that i cant...
  4. windows updated crashed my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows updated crashed my computer: It won't boot, there are no restore points, help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updated-crashed-my-computer/7fe184b6-aa45-4924-aca3-aefcac9ac974
  5. Update crashed my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update crashed my computer: My computer did an automatic Windows update and now it is crashed. I tried rolling back the update, but it didn't work, my computer was unable to perform the requested service. sfc/scannow didn't work because suddenly critical drivers were missing, it only made it through 21%...
  6. Windows 10 upgrade crashed my computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 upgrade crashed my computer: I just purchased for $139.58 and downloaded windows 10 for my computer and it has crashed it giving me a black screen. I have done everything i can to try to update drivers and update BIOS. My old OS is gone along with all data because I wanted to start fresh. Now nothing...
  7. Update crashed my computer....

Update crashed my computer....: I have an ASUS Rog gaming computer that won't exit BIOS after an auto Microsoft update last night. This is a 1400 computer that I'm still paying on and I'm livid at this point. How in the world can a company get away with this nonsense??? I have tried changing everything...
  8. windows 10 update crashes computer

windows 10 update crashes computer: On 08/03/2018 I downloaded Win 10 update which would completely download keep freezing at 56% complete. After numerous attempts as suggested by MS community, I reverted to the factory settings. This move removed all my drivers & I am unable to load with either the DVD...
  9. Windows update is crashing my computer

Windows update is crashing my computer: Every time my computer does a windows update, my computer monitor screen goes black and I can't get it back up. I'm assuming it's doing a reboot and goes to sleep, but don't know because the monitor goes black and won't come back up. I have to turn my computer off and back...
  10. windows 10 update crashed computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 update crashed computer: My windows 10 was driving me crazy trying & failing to update. I tried to stop auto update , but couldn't. Finally I went to Microsoft and downloaded the correct update. It downloaded for a long time and when activated later, it updated for over an hour. It then went to a...