Windows 10: windows 10 update crashing my pc

Discus and support windows 10 update crashing my pc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; my pc has crashed repeatedly since I installed the Windows 10 2004 update today. 4 times on 4 different platforms. Is there a fix? Any help would be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JadedCrazyLady, May 27, 2020.

1. windows 10 update crashing my pc

my pc has crashed repeatedly since I installed the Windows 10 2004 update today. 4 times on 4 different platforms. Is there a fix? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS I have done all the usual things, driver update, troubleshoot, etc.

:)

JadedCrazyLady, May 27, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 27, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 27, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

windows 10 update crashing my pc

Windows Updates crashing and unable to login to PC

Hello SoaringHigh2061,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As per the manufacturer’s website, your PC is compatible
    only with Windows 7 & 8. This could be the cause for the system crash.

If you wish to pause the updates for a while, you may check with the steps listed below in the article -

However, I would also suggest you to get in touch with the PC manufacturer to know if there are any latest drivers available, that is compatible to run Windows 10 on your machine.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, May 27, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 update crashing my pc

1. windows 10 update crashing my pc - Similar Threads - update crashing

2. Application Crashing Upon Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Application Crashing Upon Windows 10 Update: Hello everyone,I'm seeking assistance regarding an issue I've encountered after updating my Windows 10 operating system. Following the update, one of my essential applications consistently crashes upon launch, making it impossible for me to use it effectively.Before the...
  3. Application Crashing Upon Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application Crashing Upon Windows 10 Update: Hello everyone,I'm seeking assistance regarding an issue I've encountered after updating my Windows 10 operating system. Following the update, one of my essential applications consistently crashes upon launch, making it impossible for me to use it effectively.Before the...
  4. Application Crashing Upon Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My games keep crashing since i updated to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My games keep crashing since i updated to windows 11: Hello ! Few weeks ago i updater my computer to windows 11. Since then, it keeps crash in every game Cyberpunk, Apex, Minecraft... And i can't understand why. For cyberpunk, the crash report mention data execution prevention DEP violation. Since every game crash the same way...
  6. My games keep crashing since i updated to windows 11

My games keep crashing since i updated to windows 11: Hello ! Few weeks ago i updater my computer to windows 11. Since then, it keeps crash in every game Cyberpunk, Apex, Minecraft... And i can't understand why. For cyberpunk, the crash report mention data execution prevention DEP violation. Since every game crash the same way...
  7. Recently install a new Windows update, and from then, my computer crashes every hour whit...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently install a new Windows update, and from then, my computer crashes every hour whit...: This is the info in the dump file.Can anyone help me to know how to fix it?DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL d1An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at aninterrupt request level IRQL that is too high. This is usuallycaused by drivers using...
  8. Recently install a new Windows update, and from then, my computer crashes every hour whit...

Recently install a new Windows update, and from then, my computer crashes every hour whit...: This is the info in the dump file.Can anyone help me to know how to fix it?DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL d1An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at aninterrupt request level IRQL that is too high. This is usuallycaused by drivers using...
  9. Windows update crashing laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update crashing laptop: Hello,After windows security update kb 5034763 my laptop is freezing all the time during and after start up, the wifi is in and out, and all my printers are gone. When I went to windows update history its not listed but when i click on uninstall updates its there. I tried to...
  10. Windows 11 Insider Preview Crashed During Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Crashed During Update: Hi, I have a Lenovo M70 Laptop running Windows Insider Preview. During this week's System Update the laptop froze with a blank black screen, I could move the mouse but nothing else happened. I had to power down the Laptop. Now when I turn it on again I get the Windows Logo...