Windows 10: Windows 10 update created a new user

Discus and support Windows 10 update created a new user in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A few weeks ago the Windows 10 Automatic update created a new user profile on my PC. I was previously, "Paul" and the new profile is called "Paul.000".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Paul O'C, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Paul O'C Win User

Windows 10 update created a new user

A few weeks ago the Windows 10 Automatic update created a new user profile on my PC. I was previously, "Paul" and the new profile is called "Paul.000". Almost every file has been moved to the new profile. I have had quite a few problems associated with this. Is Windows going to correct this? Is there an easy fix? Thanks

:)

Paul O'C, Apr 3, 2020

2. Am unable to create a new user. Accounts -> Add someone else to this PC options is not working to create a new account.

Hi Pawan,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer, sign-in and check with the status of this issue. As this might be a temporary issue.

Follow the below steps to create a new user account:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Accounts, click on Manage another account.
    • Select Add a new user in PC settings, click on
      Add someone else to this PC
      and follow onscreen instructions.
    Refer to: Create a local user account
    in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of creating a new user account for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 3, 2020
  3. I can't create a New User Profile that is Not Corrupt! Please Help!

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in creating the new user profile on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

As a work around, I suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account, log-in with the admin account to create a new user profile and check if you are able to check. This will let us know if the issue persists with user account or the operating system.

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in admin account.

Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 2: Refer to the articles to create a test user account/ Microsoft account respectively.

For Local account: Create a local user account in Windows 10

For Microsoft account: Help with Microsoft account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of creating new user profile for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 3, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Windows 10 update created a new user capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update created a new user - Similar Threads - update created user

2. in windows 10 every time new usere creat

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    in windows 10 every time new usere creat: in windows 10 every time new usere creat https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-10-every-time-new-usere-creat/ffc80477-2b55-47dd-830f-f19c000afb8b
  3. in windows 10 every time new usere creat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    in windows 10 every time new usere creat: in windows 10 every time new usere creat https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-10-every-time-new-usere-creat/ffc80477-2b55-47dd-830f-f19c000afb8b
  4. in windows 10 every time new usere creat

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. create a new user in window 10, but this happen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    create a new user in window 10, but this happen.: i try to create a new user for my computer, so i get into control panel. user account, manage another account, creat a new user and this window pop up, i dont know what it is and i cant creat a new user or my computer. [ATTACH]...
  6. Creating a new user on WIndows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Creating a new user on WIndows 10: Can someone signpost me to some decent instructions on how to create new users on my laptop using an email address. I tried to do it yesterday and I can indeed log into it from the lock screen but I seem to have created two top level folders called ngwil and...
  7. Create new user on desktop

Create new user on desktop: How can one create a new user on a desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-new-user-on-desktop/a51b28e1-964a-4edb-90a2-c0b73cd123a4
  8. Windows 10 update: build 1809 to 1903 - new user created

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 update: build 1809 to 1903 - new user created: I updated to 1803 last year. In the process my user profile was changed from "myname" to "myname.000" All documents and folders had been moved to the new user in the process of the update. I spent some time updating permissions in Dropbox account, my Network storage and...
  9. Windows 10 update created a new user.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update created a new user.: I cant remember which specific windows update it was, but it created a identical user. The password is different to my main account, and windows always wants to load into that account instead of mine, saying that the username or password is incorrect. This is getting...
  10. Can't Create A New User Windows 10.

Can't Create A New User Windows 10.: Whenever I try to create a new user in the windows settings, I get a popup that says that I need to choose an app to open this in, when I select yes, nothing happens, when I press no, the popup goes away. I have no idea what to do....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add new user windows 10 2020