Windows 10: Windows 10 update created a string of problems

Discus and support Windows 10 update created a string of problems in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Summary: - On 11/12/20, Windows 10 was supposed to update and shut down the desktop during the night. I awoke to a dark screen with a continuous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Payitforword88888, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 update created a string of problems

Summary:

- On 11/12/20, Windows 10 was supposed to update and shut down the desktop during the night. I awoke to a dark screen with a continuous looping wheel. Unable to login.

- MS support technician helped me get into the computer. He informed me that he reinstalled Windows and gladly made other changes so the computer will run "faster and cleaner" but the computer crashed.

- Another support tech helped to restore computer to 11/12/20 prior to the update

2 main issues remain:

- Ongoing computer notifications: update and shut down or update and restart. Neither works. Windows does not update and the computer will not shut down. So at the end of the day, the computer is set at "hibernate."

- USB flash drive that had been in the port throughout the problems cannot be opened. How can I get in? Uncertain if the files are intact or corrupted.

Numerous cases have been created by MS support techs. for these issues; two of them stated that the case needs to be escalated to a tier 2 support engineer. I have not been able to get connected or referred to anyone in the tier 2 team.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Payitforword88888, Nov 25, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 update created a string of problems

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update created a string of problems

1. Windows 10 update created a string of problems - Similar Threads - update created string

2. Problems created by a Windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems created by a Windows 11 Update: Edition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29/‎01/‎2023 OS build 22621.1265 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0 I bought my computer with Windows 11 pre installed. I received an update after which I cannot use the Power button to shut off my...
  3. Problems created by a Windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems created by a Windows 11 Update: Edition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29/‎01/‎2023 OS build 22621.1265 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0 I bought my computer with Windows 11 pre installed. I received an update after which I cannot use the Power button to shut off my...
  4. String OBJ_STATUS_DISKSPACE_SPACE was not found in string table

in Windows 10 Gaming
    String OBJ_STATUS_DISKSPACE_SPACE was not found in string table: I'm trying to complete the installation of the BS-240 clinical chemistry analyzer that is to be connected to a Windows 10 computer. Whenever I run the 'setup.exe' file to start the installation, I see this error pop up immediately - String OBJ_STATUS_DISKSPACE_SPACE was not...
  5. String OBJ_STATUS_DISKSPACE_SPACE was not found in string table

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    String OBJ_STATUS_DISKSPACE_SPACE was not found in string table: I'm trying to complete the installation of the BS-240 clinical chemistry analyzer that is to be connected to a Windows 10 computer. Whenever I run the 'setup.exe' file to start the installation, I see this error pop up immediately - String OBJ_STATUS_DISKSPACE_SPACE was not...
  6. WINDOWS 10 Installation created problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 Installation created problem: Hello - I just installed WINDOWS 10 and now I can't get into any of my word documents. I can see them and click on them, and they come up very briefly, but won't open. P...
  7. New Windows 10 Update Created a Series of Old Problems

New Windows 10 Update Created a Series of Old Problems: I got up the other morning and found my computer monitor lit up and stuck at a log in page. I thought it was odd but just power cycled my computer Dell M4800. There were no prompts to tell me that an updated was being performed but it took much longer than normal for Windows...
  8. windows updates creating problems for users

windows updates creating problems for users: Like many in the community I experienced printing problems yesterday after Windows 10 updates KB4560960 and KB4561600. Not sure which one, or both, was the culprit but I uninstalled both. My printer is now working as before. Why on earth in good conscience can Microsoft...
  9. Windows 10 update creates performance problems

Windows 10 update creates performance problems: The KB4343909 update causes my Twitter to feed slowly. I know this is the problem because when it is deleted the computer runs normally. I'd have to delete it daily since it auto loads. This is unacceptable. Is there any way to prevent the auto update?...
  10. Windows 10 string text search problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 string text search problem: I recently updated from 8.1 to 10 and discovered that windows stopped searching inside odt files, in content. It only search in file names. Earlier in 8.1 it worked perfectly fine. I tried to: rebuild index, made sure folder is indexed (it is, searching inside doc or rtf...