Windows 10: Windows 10 update created problems with one of my USB audio devices

Discus and support Windows 10 update created problems with one of my USB audio devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings, I am an amateur radio operator and I use a Signalink USB audio interface with my radio to access radio email through the Winlink system.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JonathanWanzer, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Windows 10 update created problems with one of my USB audio devices

Greetings,

I am an amateur radio operator and I use a Signalink USB audio interface with my radio to access radio email through the Winlink system.

The Signalink is a simple USB audio device that has always shown up as USB CODEC device microphone and speaker. Never had a problem before, now the device, though selected, won't work.

I have another USB audio device, Kantronics KAM XL, for a different radio and it works fine.

Is there a known audio device or a known USB issue? Anyone have a fix?

:)

JonathanWanzer, Jul 7, 2018
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Jul 7, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jul 7, 2018
  4. Windows 10 update created problems with one of my USB audio devices

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 update created problems with one of my USB audio devices

1. Windows 10 update created problems with one of my USB audio devices - Similar Threads - update created problems

2. Headset problem on realtek audio device and external usb device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset problem on realtek audio device and external usb device: I have a "Predator Helios 300" Laptop for gaming. I enjoy my audio on a GXT 658 Tytan that is connected to a 5.1 External Surround Sound Card. I also have a "Sony 1-7-1 Konan headphones".My problem is I can't get them both to work together when I want to switch to headphones,...
  3. Audio device problem

Audio device problem: I have installed windows 10 Original on my new Dell Laptop, all devices and fixtures are working properly except Audio device, it shows speaker Icon with a red cross on the taskbar, please help...
  4. USB Audio Problems

USB Audio Problems: Hello everybody, I've got a problem with my audio interface producing weird cracks and pops during playback. Problem appears when streaming audio, playing from hard drive or when I'm in my DAW. I have tried many things to solve this problem including: changing computer ports,...
  5. Windows 10 usb device emumeration problem

Windows 10 usb device emumeration problem: Hello folks, I have been working on a "up squared" board running ubuntu 16.04 LTS with kernel version 4.15 The board has an OTG 3.0 USB, which I want to use in device mode using the g_mass_storage driver. The problem I face is the up squared board is successfully detected...
  6. Windows Update Creates One Problem Then Leads To Another

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Update Creates One Problem Then Leads To Another: So earlier I wrote on this site about how the recent Windows update deleted my option to use Wi-Fi. And was only able to use the Ethernet option. After going to settings and clicking to set my PC back to a previous state, I have been on "Please wait while your Windows...
  7. problem in audio device

problem in audio device: the problem is no audio output device is installed The sound was broken without any reason (I tried to update windows did not change anything) I tried in all ways to reinstall the audio definition however Second problem install realtek hd audio driver failure code 0001...
  8. create an update usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    create an update usb: I'm trying to update my pc to windows 10 with the installation tool. I have to use a USB due to not enough space on PC despite deleting everything. When I select the create for another computer option it says I don't have enough room on C drive - there is no option to use a...
  9. Problem with my USB devices on Windows 10.

Problem with my USB devices on Windows 10.: Hello people! I recently switched back to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I had to completely reinstall my system because of some driver fault. And then i went with Windows 7 for about a week without any problems. Now i decided to switch back to Windows 10 and after the first...
  10. Problems with USB audio and video devices

Problems with USB audio and video devices: Hi, installed Windows 10 on my new system (my first Win 10 install). So far so good, but having issues with UBS audio and video devices. More specifically, - my Trust webcam (with integrated microphone) does not work: it is recognised by the system, but neither webcam nor...